{'en': 'Can my daughter inherit diabetes?', 'es': 'Puede mi hija heredar la diabetes??'} Image

Can my daughter inherit diabetes?

sweety's profile photo   02/18/2010 3:56 p.m.

Hello good,

I've been in the forum for a short time, so I summarize a bit: I am type 1 diabetic since the age of twelve.I have a nine -month -old baby.

Right now it is healthy like an oak.But my question is whether it can be diabetic.

They have always told me at home that diabetes is inherited diagonally, that is, uncles to nephews.And I have always believed it, but now I am seeing diabetic potatoes and moms with small diabetic.

They told me the same not to worry me and I did not think about not having children ... (something absurd, I say that it will be better to know).

But well, that's my question.And if it is affirmative (I fear yes) ...

Should I go by controlling my son?Any annual analytics or something?

Thank you!and greetings.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/18/2010 3:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In this link you have the possibilities:

When we talk about possibilities, it's as if we don't talk about anything ... there are no certainties, no one can assure you of 100%.

I met a family whose 3 children have diabetes, each one debuted at a different age. Parents none have diabetes.
I know 2 elder twins, where one has diabetes and another does not.
It is rare that type 1 have a direct history of diabetes.
It is common for type 2 to have someone from their family with type 2.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/18/2010 4:16 p.m.

Thanks Owash,
Come on, this is a p ... unfortunate lottery ... Anyway.According to that link table there is a probability between 100. Hopefully Marquitos is with the remaining 99.
Thanks again

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/18/2010 4:25 p.m.

Enjoy Marquitos Swety, and do not give many laps to the subject ... we have no background and one day came ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2010 4:37 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Sweety !!

Do not stir looking for symptoms or thinking k can be diabetic, it is an absurd way of clouding the day to day with your Peke.I have been diabetics for 22 years, I started with 8, I have 5 brothers and none has diabetes.I have 2 children (the oldest almost 8 years and the Peke 20 months) today none has problems with sugar (or ups, no declines, or intolerance, nor na de na) with the eldest me, they made controls eachonce I saw k drink more or towards more pipi and the only k I got pecking the fingers for nothing.I have k being, it will be and we will do controls or analytics we will not avoid a type I, nor with a strict diet, we are going to it is a lottery.Live the day by day and if type I arrives, then make a hole at home (Aunk fucks us, of course)

Greetings!!!!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/22/2010 6:01 a.m.

I also think this is a lottery.In my family there is no one with diabetes or type 1, not even distant cousins.Type 2 neither did my grandparents with 83 years old had problems with sugar.Come on, the fat man takes it to me.
So enjoy your little one and do not overwhelm.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/22/2010 7:04 a.m.

Thank you....!!!You carry a lot of reason !!!If we are five in my house and it touched me ... but I don't know ... Anyway, what you said, that you are right.I quit stories.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/22/2010 9:57 a.m.

I tell you, I have three children the older 35, the second 33 the third 31, so far no diabetic.In my case when the diabetes discovered my mother, my mother made inquiries for her family and poor my father's and there was no diabetic nmadie, nor tatara grandparents, nor grandfather and neither the parents of both.An enigma for that tile that was always said and is still said to be hereditary.

The endocrine told her that it could be that when she was in the eighth month of pregnancy she gave her varicella and apparently affected the pancreas.Since I started with the disease I had good guide from my mother with nutrition and taught me how to make the disease easier, at the beginning of course why so many punctures?Forget the disposable syringes, the glass syringes ncon the needles were boiled and the levels in the house were mediated with urine and a blue solution that seems to me that was called Benedix (5 drops of urine and 10 of the Benedix) that was put in aTest tube and grabbed with wooden tweezers and was put in a lighter for fifteen second and according to the color were the sugar levels, writing to me because it seems like dinosaurs time :))

I always had fear when I grew up that maybe I could not get pregnant, but they see the result three children and without problems.During pregnancies he carried a quite strict monitoring with food, exercises,
Visits more in a row to the endrochrine, etc.Around seven months they made me aminocintesis and at 8 they made Caesarea.The first was born weighing 5 lbs.And 6 ounces barely had a belly, the second 9 lbs.with 13 ounces and third 8 lbs.With 3 ounces.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/23/2010 6:44 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

They forgive, I'm still tomorrow because a grandson has just come to visit me.

If I bore them they tell me without grief.;)

Take care.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/23/2010 6:48 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Nothing you bored, on the contrary.I am waiting for the second delivery eagerly !!!: D: d
The truth and I think about the syringes I used and I think that ancient.The truth is that sometimes we complain about vice.I am already calm about Marcos, if one day it is diabetic it will be seen.We will have to accept it and point.Now they have told me that they still put gafitas ... hehe, for others that is a world and I have thought ... if it is only that ... !!!
It is interesting how perceptions change.
I don't have diabetics in the family either, my grandmother is type 2 but it was with 83 years, now she is 91 ... I don't think she is related.I read somewhere (but do not pay much attention to me because I did not contrast) that diabetes can be hereditary or viral.Viral is not that I stuck (as my compis asked me in the school) but for some reason, still unknown, your body generates something (a virus) that loads the beta cells ... and the rest, we already know it.... I have to look again at all this ...
Well Nana, thank you and I am serious that you keep telling us.But enjoy that granddaughter !!!

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/24/2010 2:18 a.m.

Following: With so many years of diabetics I think and (I emphasize) there is no better doctor than ourselves, we have to learn to eat and not live to eat, a healthy diet always for the whole family, if the body is eaten.She feels satisfied, the insulin learned to regulate her alone, I have no medical insurance, no plan welcomes me for the disease when my husband was incapacitated by the heart I lost the insurance I had for his work, I live in Miami and whenI travel to Puerto Rico, which is my adoptive country with a family doctor and I take the opportunity to do analysis and see a doctor from a public hospital unless it is an emergency to get an appointment is terrible and with waiting months.I use one of the cheapest insulins on the market and I get every bottle at 58.00 dollars the bottle and that of slow insulin does not give me to cover the full month;I use 25 Humulin 70/30 units and quick humulin depending on the level you have.I try to keep my glucose, if I pass in carbohydrates I spend with 2 or 3 R units if I put more quantity at 3 or 4 hours I get too much.

Diabetes ravages The largest is neuropathy in my legs, I enrolled 4 years ago in a study of a pharmaceutical laboratory to try a new medicine was for two years (the time it was the study) and I have not felt more the pain "deaf" deaf"What feels
With neuropathy.It seems that they have not yet tried it from the United States FDA since they have not notified me for a doctor to prescribe it.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/24/2010 6:28 p.m.

While the study was a happiness for my diabetes they gave me the strips and carried a good monitoring and biweekly electros and analysis.Here a 100 strip box leaves around $ 60.00 dollars up to $ 100.00 as well as the new insulins and feathers or say.

Well, a review of a diabetics that exceeded 50 years of married to diabetes (gold weddings) I tell my husband that this is my first marriage and that he is the second with 35 years.: Mrgreen:

Note: Sometimes neither diabetes nor the husband is easy.:))

Any question a pleasure answer it.I continue reading everyone for the forum to modernize with you.

A hug and thanks for the welcome.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/24/2010 6:50 p.m.

Hi Nana, sincerely a pleasure I found you!When you have told me that you had already answered those questions I have been dumbfounded and I have been looking for you for all the threads. You are my heroine ... and you will ask yourself why.Well, I have told you before, I have a terrible fear of not being able to enjoy the years I have left, I try not to think about it and enjoy the day to day, I do not know, have you had depressions of that kind?My endocrine says that it is normal, that the small depression I have is linked to diabetes and that it is inevitable, so when I have the downturn I think "is normal, do not worry, it will happen ..." I do not know if the rest isIt has passed or you, but well if it is not because it is me ...;)

paula's profile photo
paula
02/26/2010 12:02 p.m.

Paula, it happens to me a lot.I have always said that I was going to die young ... I still say it from time to time, but they take me to mess.Anyway, I try to self -control those thoughts and as you say, live every day.Now I only focus on caring for a lot, so as not to continue spoiling my eyes and being able to grow Mark and if God allows me, look for a little brother.
Nana, is admirable.Really.What I said, I complain about vice.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/26/2010 3:46 p.m.

Paula, it happens to me a lot.I have always said that I was going to die young ... I still say it from time to time, but they take me to mess.Anyway, I try to self -control those thoughts and as you say, live every day.Now I only focus on caring for a lot, so as not to continue spoiling my eyes and being able to grow Mark and if God allows me, look for a little brother.
Nana, is admirable.Really.What I said, I complain about vice.

Of admirable nothing: Oops: Sweety, if you self -control the thoughts you are a spiritual person, for me if there is no control you do not manage to have self -realization.Duein constant activity both mentally and physically.I go twice a week to internal martial art classes (Tai Chi Chuan) that comes from Chinese culture, is a meditation practice in motion or spiritual purposes;My grandparents were from Chinese canton and for them I inherited that cultural treasure.
As Sweety says to take care of yourself and especially eat to live and not live to eat.;)

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/27/2010 3:48 p.m.

My father, my twin sister and now I have diabetes.

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
06/09/2018 10:18 a.m.

In my family there is no one and now at 40 I touched my group 1.Cosanuy rare right?

Antonio Canela Carmona's profile photo
Antonio Canela Carmona
06/11/2018 10:05 p.m.

It is not at all weird, here we are a lot of people that we have debuted or "have touched us" between 30 and 40 and more and more people !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/11/2018 10:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.