Measurements before dinner

Borgia's profile photo   01/29/2012 9:56 a.m.

Friends:
The last 6 days, applying 21 Lantus units every night, I have registered the following measurements:

A fast: 159 - 125 - 153 - 141 - 123 - 127 = (138 on average).

Before dinner: 294 - 253 - 129 - 144 - 163 - 185 = (194 on average).

According to my understanding, and only for what I read, at night the thing would be stabilized and would get out of the day, so I would appreciate an opinion about where the problem could be.

Is it that before dinner it would have to be "fasting" more than two hours to mark less?

Salu2 to the group.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
01/29/2012 9:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think you were playing at each meal, right?
The efficacy of Lantus and the Rebaniglida should be evaluated separately.

To evaluate the repeat would have to do what are the glycemia 3 hours then of the seizure of the repeat (I imagine you will take it together with the dinner).
Seeing the vademecum, its effects are very short, at 4 hours there is hardly a trace in the body.
So if before dinner you are 200 and 3 hours later you are 130 ... the ram.

To evaluate Lantus;Following the previous example, if 3 hours after dinner you are at 130 and the next morning, on an empty stomach, you are 130 or less Lantus fulfills its function.
Lantus lasts about 22-24 hours so we should follow its evolution after all the main meals.

In any case, the fasting values ​​you write are acceptable (although improvable), so values ​​should be improved before dinner and probably the values ​​before eating are similar.
Keep in mind that any food with carbohydrates that commas outside the main meals (that is, out of the action of the rash) will raise blood glucose.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/29/2012 11:03 a.m.

Try to put one more unit of Lantus

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/29/2012 11:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks friends for your valuable advice.

I think it will take a bit still to know all the causes and effects of this disease, but slowly and with its clear explanations I hope to go ahead.

Cordially.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
01/29/2012 12:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.