Sport and hyperglucima at hours

tica's profile photo   02/24/2010 6:27 a.m.

Hello,

The spinning classes has given me lately, but I'm about to leave because I don't understand anything about my sugar ...

I carry insulin pump and continuous glucose meter.At first, as the doctor told me, I removed it 10 minutes before and during the time the class was without a bomb.He ate something before entering so as not to go fair, so I entered 140 and went out to 90. I shower and could the bomb.At the hour and a half I put me at 300 or more.The last weeks I have tried to carry the pump and put the basal at 30-20% and what I got was that in the middle of class, hypoglycemia and then the dected glucose.The last thing I have tried is to enter with the pump disconnected and in the middle class connect it and again 300 so I don't know what else to try

Any suggestion?Thank you very much in advance !!!

tica's profile photo
tica
02/24/2010 6:27 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica:
I do not know what to tell you, this has never happened to me, or when I went to the gym or now that I go to run, in my case I have to be careful because I downloaded my glucose and for many hours.
Is class very intense?The climb lasts many hours?You have a continuous meter so I imagine that you have seen the trend, I imagine that your liver produces glycogen because of the effort and that is why you have hyperglycemia but it should lower you very quickly .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/24/2010 10:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello:

It is not that it is a great athlete, and surely here there are people who have better tips for you, but well I have incidented this sometimes and it has not gone very badly.
Maybe you can start down the basal before what you do now even if you get a little higher to the class.
I also left the bomb at 20% and measured me before starting and if I was 140 I took some glyco-sports
(dextrose).Other times, I took it off and then when the base was placed again to 120%.

Experience and tell us how it has gone.

greetings

Lola

lola's profile photo
lola
02/24/2010 3:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

Cracias for the answers, yesterday I remove the pump during the session, and end at 70, I took 10g of sugar and put half an insulin unit ... and it seems that it worked ... but I do not know if it was for hypoglycemia orFor insulin.I will try again to put on a little more insulin when I have just played sports, they said it to get the basal to 120% ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/25/2010 5:11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.