I can't anymore

pachu109's profile photo   02/01/2012 3:56 a.m.

Hello, my name is Ana and I have been diabetic for 2 years, I am 28 years old and I have been married for one, before the first year I only got Lantus but since I got married they have also put Apidra and this is my evil.Now I have 7.7 of glucosilad but my endocrine Noah lets me get pregnant yetCompanion we could call an ambulance, I had eaten all my hydrates and I put the correct insulin and the units that the endocrine has assigned to me, they entered me into the emergency room and there everyone told me that the endocrine or I have that it was not very goodIf not God believes and a bit of the people passes.When after my admission I go to consult to ask him why that has happened to me, he tells me that it will be bad or that I would be wrong of insulin and or ate the right hydrates and still did not believe me.Soon they entered me again because they gave me anxiety attacks due to that downturn and he sends me to the psychiatrist because he says I do not assimilate my illness, the psychiatrist tells me that I am perfectly and or the problem is my medical team and or or m I change endocrine, all this while I am assuming to me because every time or I get Apidra quickly I get very fast and I always have to drink some juice for or go up, I have taken fear and I can not be alone, I look at me.Sugar every 20 minutes to have it more or less controlled, right now I am n l warehouse of my work sitting without moving so that m can take breakfast for k the apidra has lowered this manan in 10 minutes from 279 to 130 I think that thatIt is too much in such a short time and already almost 3 hours of breakfast and how I know that I keep going down I have to drink something or take a glucose because I do not get to work.The same thing happened to me ????Please if jo you help you can nobody anymore

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/01/2012 3:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first, welcome to your new home.

The second, calm, you will see how you can soon control those measurements, those hypos, and the rest of the issues.

Give us more data, measurements before each meal, lantus units, apidra units and amount of hydrates in each meal.

All the best.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/01/2012 4:21 a.m.

Hello good!!
I put 22 units of Lantus and 3-5-4 of Apidra.Right now I'm alone with lunch and I can't eat until 3:30 p.m.

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/01/2012 8:35 a.m.

Holassss

Welcome to the forum

It is essential to have a good relationship and trust with the endocrine, but even more with the educational nurse in diabetes because they can spend time and speak not only of insulin, but of 857541 more things that influence diabetes.
Perhaps a "reset" of everything you already know about diabetes, could come well for you to gain confidence and have a sense of control over diabetes.

The downturn that accounts is not normal, obviously ... In these cases it is very useful to put a continuous glycemia meter to be able to see what happens 24 hours a day, at least for 4 or 5 days.

Bajones can be due to many things: few hydrates, too insulin, change area injection, insulin change, hormonal changes ...;Sometimes they are inexplicable ... some of us call them X files.
The important thing is not that they occur, but detect and solve them ... and for that it is essential to do controls, the necessary ones, without reaching the end of the paranoia.

It is logical that you are scared from what happened to you ... but you may think that the important thing is that you left that situation and if it will be able to leave too.

It also seems successful that your endo does not let you get pregnant with a glyd of 7.7 because it is quite risk that you assume.

And if your endo does not respond to your problems, do not hesitate to change ... it is your right and your health may need it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/01/2012 12:04 p.m.

Hello, thank you very much to all those who are dedicated a little time for me because you are the only ones who are helping me a little and that I only have been here.
I know I can't get pregnant and I don't want to run for me or for my fury son I want to have it low for that, to be able to complete that part I lack my life.
I have already changed my endocrine but they do not meet me with him almost within 3 mese ... something that I do not see normal, the educators who take me are 3 every day sees you a clear ... and I only have the trust enoughWith one of them, the other two m treat by crazy and the penalty is that here in Zamora that is where I am there is nothing else, they are those or nothing ...
The worst of all is my fear of being alone, this morning I was going to work in a 10 km stretch I have looked at the sugar 4 times and all because with 120 I was already shaking what are the normal levels, I have come to beIn a 5.1 hemoglobin but now as soon as I have a level below 160 he comes to me down and I already think that life for me (I am an extremist) but I see it that way, so imagine how I can find myself, II recognize that I have a problem, but it is not me, I know, I know it is the shit of the apidra that is too strong for me, but the endocrine anterion does not want to take it away.
The other option of the psychologist was that he would help me immediately and they meet me for March 2 because they have forgotten to send me the citation ... is it or not not to be desperate ?????
They tell me that I do not accept my illness ... how am I going to accept it if I think they are leaving me aside and that they do not care ???
Have you ever found yourself like this ???
In the morning before I used to lift with 90 or 80 (which was great) but now I get up with 160 and for me that is great because I have gone through a situation of stres at work and I was leaving every day with 300 or350, after the Desjuno, the sugar is triggered, today for example I got up with 160 I have breakfast, (the 300ml of milk and 5 cookies) and already having the insulin on I have taken the car to go to work and in 6 minutesI had 120 and I was trembling, my legs hardly reacted, I stop300 ... and I tell the nurses on the phone and they tell me that is that you need Ams insulin, threw it up and it also picate in the snack.But how am I going to get it up if it is going down very quickly (on Monday I get off in 4 minutes from 290 to 140) Do you see that normal ???
I don't understand it really ...

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/01/2012 3:22 p.m.

Well, if this is how you tell it, you can't wait to March, it is impossible.
The logical thing would be to enter the hospital 1 week and study your glycemias ... The ideal would be to control yourself with a continuous meter and if the hospital (I doubt it) has, because by hand, with the glucometer, go.

That downturn is very strange ... and even more strange because with 3 units of Apidra and almost 5 units of hydrates:-/ it is very rare that you lower you ...

Maybe Lantus can be left over ... 22 units: shock: ... depending on weight can be many (or not, that each one is a world).Although if the rest of the day does not get anything between meals: shock ::-/: o

You can try several things (better try it at home during the weekend):
- If you get down very fast and very soon, you can try to click half an hour after breakfast the apidra

- Do you change the injection areas?Sometimes it happens that the area is a bit saturated and the insulin action is modified.
I imagine that you will change your needle every time, you will not leave the needle .... They seem bullshit but sometimes problems of this type are solved like this.

- Do you use the diet by portions?The fixed doses of insulin always force to eat the corresponding hydrates ...

Have you gone to the Zamora Diabetics Association?
Maybe they can help you or advise with the issue of endocrine ...

DiabetesForo
02/01/2012 4:25 p.m.

The areas do not change them much is almost always in the belly and change from side, higher or lower;The needle does change it every little.And to enter me ... I don't think my endocrine wants to "waste time" with me, he has never done so.I believe if they change my insulin quickly or they would take it well, because when I only had Lantus I did not take the diet by portions and of course I was decompensated but I did not have so strong.Going to sign up, if my endo forces me to use the diet by portions, but if I follow it I stay very short or the diet or the apidra) I always have to eat something more and anyway it is a lot of food for me, at first IIt cost a Monton, because I'm not eating much.

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/01/2012 4:50 p.m.

Today Ma has passed again, I am crying from the helplessness, and the nurse does not take334 I think that is normal or I'm going crazy to know everyone

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/02/2012 3:54 a.m.

Hello, first you have to try to reassure yourself, the anxiety also uncontrolled the glycemia, and it seemed to me that you said that you change the needle every little, that is a lot, I only use it once and I throw it into a recycling boat that they gave meIn the Health Center, my son who also has diabetes, has 16 years and 9 months of the debut, also only uses them once, and as to the diet for portions, it is what works best, I teach it in theValencia Association, and then everything improved me, although the first one until the insultThey did the peptide test and they already put the novorapid and the less

pepi's profile photo
pepi
02/02/2012 5:13 a.m.

Let's see, breathe deep, and see a diary of your meals, insulin dose and glycemia.

Detailed, the more detailed, the better.

Get six daily controls, one before each meal, and another two hours later.And with that data we can analyze a little more.

With only Lantus it is very difficult for you to give you low, but without the quick you would be very high after meals.But each one is different.I, for example, have not used Lantus for a long time, and worked only with the fast.

You will see how in a few weeks this is more controlled.

By the way, the needle, two punctures and out.

I also use the belly to prick, the divide into three columns and three rows: 9 zones.Lower row for Monday and Thursday, the middle for Tuesday and Friday, and the upper one for Wednesday and Saturday.And the columns, the 1st for breakfast, the 2nd for food, and the third for dinner.And Sunday?On Sunday I punish my legs a bit to rest a little.

If I need any correction (I think that in three years I have put myself 3) I use any random area.

When I used Lantus, I was turning arms and buttocks.

Come, much encouragement, that in a short one you have it controlled.

All the best.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/02/2012 5:22 a.m.

Hello Ana:
The first thing you have to reassure yourself because anxiety is not a good friend of diabetes and I would also tell you as Nacho that notes absolutely everything for a time, food, insulin dose, exercise ..... etc .... everything ....
Have you raised the insulin bomb?I imagine that your endocrine has not been mentioned but I believe that for that hypersensitivity you have to insulin could be the solution.
Come a lot of encouragement and you tell us.

DiabetesForo
02/02/2012 7:01 a.m.

If you have hypos, you have insulin.I would go down the Lantus one or two units and, if necessary, the rapid would also go down.Mind yourself a lot to adjust well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2012 10:13 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Or I have it very high or the fast goes down too much but I don't find the balance.You take a long time in K is stabilized ????I spend the same thing to me ???You were afraid ????I have asked for a second opinion to an endocrine in another city and I have it next Friday I just hope to be stable one day

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/02/2012 5:42 p.m.

Has anyone gone through the same thing?

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/06/2012 8:11 a.m.

It has happened to us to have more unstable times than others.The first thing you have to do is not try to control everything in one day.Then you have to take away the fear that something will happen to you ... Yes we are diabetic, but that does not imply that something will happen to us for a hiccup.All diabetics have hypos more or less frequent.As long as they are not going to happen to you.Being higher that corresponds to you will not help you regulate glycemia.
Tell us how much you put on and how much you get before food.Get analysis before and after the food and do not abuse every 10 minutes looking at, and only with the error that the meters can go crazy.Look only when you feel a weird symptom.Also points what you eat (HC rations)
You also have to trust your doctor or look for someone to trust you.But you think their advice is good and you do not pay attention to a solution.

Today has passed again, I am crying from the helplessness, and I do not take a nurse and do not want to meet before 20, it has dropped me with 2 units of apidra from 250 to 160 in 5 mini and then I climb meIn others5 to 334 I think Ono is normal or I am going crazy I know everyone

For example, what you say here may be that the meter does not work well.That rises 250 to 334 in 10-15 because you have eaten or for the anxiety generated by the situation I think it is possible.The 250-160-334 I think there is something that does not work.Or you carry your hands dirty, or do not put enough blood in the strip or the meter does not work.Go to the nurse with the meter and teach the memory values.In this case, it is not worth not believe me ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/06/2012 8:28 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

If in Zamora they do not serve you well, I recommend that you change places and ask you to see you in Salamanca or in León.You can even introduce yourself there by emergencies if you see it Chungo.

Anyway, I think that psychological help you need it urgently, because you have a vision of the disease that stalls in the pathological.

Health and encouragement.

DiabetesForo
02/07/2012 9:33 a.m.

I have asked an appointment to a private doctor in another city, on Friday I go to Salamanca to see what he tells me, Osmcontare will but thanks to everyone you are really helping me a Monton.

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/07/2012 5:31 p.m.

If in Zamora they do not serve you well, I recommend that you change places and ask that they see you in Salamanca or in León.

I tried to change to an endo in a city near mine and I couldn't do it.They told me that for that there should not be any endocrine in my city, which is not the case.I wanted to go with the other because it seems that it does give bombs, and in the end I am with my bolis and my bad controls :(

DiabetesForo
02/08/2012 8:07 a.m.

I tried to change to an endo in a city near mine and I couldn't do it.They told me that for that there should not be any endocrine in my city, which is not the case.I wanted to go with the other because it seems that it does bomb, and in the end I am with my bowls and my bad controls: (

>

So I'm Tyo before dinner and I have 285 ... It is not normal and they don't control me walks at all .... what despair

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/08/2012 4:27 p.m.

You have to find the dose of Lantus, doctors give you an approach, but the adjustment do you have to do it at home. What time do you get Lantus?
You can put it at night that it may not cover you 24 hours.In that case it is better to put it in the morning because the dose can be increased a bit and lengthening its duration.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/08/2012 5:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.