Hypoglycemia every 3 hours, tips

garretst's profile photo   03/13/2010 5:03 p.m.

Hello, 3 nights ago that every 3 hours I have a descent, no matter how many cookies, 6 chocolate nicknames and about 8 grams of sugar) at 3 hours I get up again with 50.60. I put 27 of 27 ofLantus at 23.00 and yesterday I put myself 26 and I had 2 declines, now I have to put the lantus and I don't know if I get 24 or 25 even if I got up tomorrow with 250.In these 3 days I am fucking panic and I would not like it tonightRaising with a 30 or 40, about 12 years ago that I am diabetic type 1 and something similar has never happened to me.
Has anyone else happened to?

garretst's profile photo
garretst
03/13/2010 5:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Garretst!.If you have hypos, you have to keep going down Lantus.There are seasons in which, without knowing why, the insulin dose varies.
The disadvantage of lowering the Lantus is that it is short during the day.
My daughter was happening when Lantus got at night.Since he puts it in the morning, he has not had more nocturnal hypos and lasts 24 hours.
Greetings and welcome :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/13/2010 6:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes I also happened to me with the Lantus, and in the end I panicked the desulWhat I had to click once more.:(. But now I am with a bomb and I am fantastic: D, although I still have to take the calm to some things ...:-/

paula's profile photo
paula
03/14/2010 12:56 p.m.

Good, I am with Regina, I think you are left over.How much do you have with the Lantus?Have you changed your habits lately? ... I would go down from two by two, every two or three days ... if you see that the thing is adjusted but you have to keep going down, then one in one.But from what you tell, I would go down from two by two, while you see your endo and tell you something.I do not like night hypos, because I don't notice them.Go down the lantus but do not stop getting a control at dawn and seeing your endo.
A kiss

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/14/2010 2:46 p.m.

Thank you all, yesterday night for the fear that I did not hit a hicf23 And in a while I will do a control to see how I am. Friday I have an appointment but also tomorrow I will call it to see what it tells me, because the truth was that it had never happened to me, if any descent but not 3 on one night, andThanks that I wake up.

The lantus about 11 years ago that I use it approximately, before using the NPH
greetings

garretst's profile photo
garretst
03/14/2010 8:57 p.m.

I at the beginning of using it if I endured 24 hours, and if I did not affect me.But a few months ago he stopped doing it, it doesn't arrive at 8 pm.Now I am waiting for the bomb, if not the same would try the Levemir.They are two punctures ... but hey, you make sure it arrives.
You will tell us what the endo tells you.Anyway, the 150 after the food are more responsible for the rapid and the HC you have eaten. You would have to look at the one before the food.But before dinner no longer comes ... luck and what is said, tell us.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/15/2010 8:55 a.m.

Hi David:

How do you carry the adjustment?I have left the lantus for years and I don't remember very well, but I remember sometimes I change the necessary and you have to correct.A change of schedules, an extra activity, a period of stress, or simply the body that changes and again to adjust insulin.
Maybe at this time you have good to measure you at night.It costs me a lot, a lot to get up but sometimes I try because you have a better idea that happens at night with your levels.

lola's profile photo
lola
03/15/2010 10:58 a.m.

Thanks for the answers, yesterday as I said I got 23 units and I slept with 196 (I do not run) and this morning I got up with 243, tonight I will try 24 units to see what happens.
HCE a couple of Merse that I am on a decrease in anxiety, but the Lantus units maintained them, until yesterday and I was doing well, from the fast the doctor told me to increase to 1.5 per ration of HC, but on Saturday to the2 hours of eating I had 62, so yesterday I probe with 1 unit per ration, as they did before being ond, the 150 commented that of Lantus does not enough with 22 units. I will tell you

garretst's profile photo
garretst
03/15/2010 11:31 a.m.

Hello good,
Going from hypos so constant to those levels with four units of Lantus difference seems too much, I think some other factor has to be at stake.
I recently had anxpedient x that I already resolved.My problem was like the one you have right now, high levels at night, at dawn I made sure I had no hypos and lifted myself.After the Compis tips here I removed the fat fat at night and problem solved.I do not say that it is your case, but the initial idea was to modify the Lantus and it turned out that it was not necessary.It is clear that you have to find the appropriate Lantus units, but to see correct changes that the slow insulin is making you have to wait for at least two days ... that is, make the changes on the third day.Try exactly the same rations, fats and proteins during these days of change, so you can exclude other factors.
Luck!!

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/15/2010 12:40 p.m.

Say what they say, the Lantus makes a peak of action ... more less at 3 hours of putting it ... it does not happen every day and it seems that it happens when some other aspect of the body one one (catecholamines, other hormones ...).
The hypos by Lantus are tremendous ... Nothing of a zumito and 2 cookies ... you have to trace them to the gross, with several rations of fast and slow hydrates ... My record was 18 rations of hydrates ... a dayNext I got up with 170: Shock: ... I have it recorded as if it were yesterday.

My opinion is that you change to Levemir, although it is 1 more puncture, it is much more stable and has much less weight gain ... At first you can try with 1 only puncture a day, there are people who cover 20-22 hours (that is, what the lantus covers).
In case of 2 punctures, it has the advantage of being able to better distribute the amounts of insulin based on exercise, work, etc ...
In addition, as the dose of Levemir increases slightly increases its duration.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/15/2010 1:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.