{'en': 'Hicc as wishing me', 'es': 'Hipo al levantarme'} Image

Hicc as wishing me

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/03/2012 8:42 a.m.

Let's see if someone can help me.

I continue on my honeymoon and clicking 4 units of protophane before bed.I usually get up with sugar levels between 80 and 100.

Well today I got up with 56 and feeling the alerts of the hip: tremors, hunger, nervousness, etc ...

I continue to breastfeed my baby (about three times per night).

Is there any reason why this happened to me?

Should I advance the appointment with my endocrine (I have it in two semnas) to talk about this?

Normally it would not give much importance to a day with bad values, but it is that the descent scare me a lot because I am only with a baby.

Thank you!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/03/2012 8:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Haribita,

I wouldn't worry much about a day.Do you wake up when you have hypos at night?If repeated you will have to lower a unit or two before bedtime.If you are scared to be alone all day with the baby and not feel the hypos you will have to control yourself more.Have you raised a continuous meter?It is an apparatus that warns you when you have sugar tall.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/03/2012 9:17 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Sometimes when you are in "honeymoon" (and once the initial lack of control) exogenous insulin needs are very low so that in some cases you can not need any of the injections (it is something only temporary, noIt means that one is "healing", the matter in which we are involved today has no cure) over time the "honeymoon" is over and all injections must be restored (if suppressedsome) and go up the doses of those injections.

In a case like yours in which you say that you are with 4 units of a slow insulin at night if that situation that you comment on hypoglycemia I would be of those who would suppress that injection, 4 units of a slow insulin for an adult for an adult for an adult be repeatedThey are nothing and if they are causing hypoglycemia ... for me that case is to be on the border of not needing that injection and the proof of this would be hypoglycemia.

I do not believe that the matter is so worrying as to advance that consultation that you will have in two weeks, if the matter is repeated and you do not dare to completely suppress that injection low the dose, but I already tell you that 4 units of an insulinSlow is nothing for an adult, nothing happens to temporarily suppress it if it is causing you hypoglycemia.
Nor do I believe that the possible hypoglycemia that can cause an injection with such a low dose can be serious/severe hypoglycemia, as much will be minor hypoglycemia (and sadly I have to tell you: go used to suffer slight hypoglycemia from time to time, suffer minor hypoglycemia ofSporadic form is sadly part of the normality of this disease).

DiabetesForo
02/03/2012 9:28 a.m.

Tica, the continuous meter would not put it right now.Doctors are still waiting to see when you finish developing my diabetes to see what they do with me.They don't even want me to measure me every day not to go crazy.I'm still the star case in the symposia ;-)

I also don't understand what I am clicking on those 4 units, since during pregnancy I "got used to" having to click and correct after meals because I never found the right dose for the subject of hormones

DiabetesForo
02/03/2012 12:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.