Honey and right moon

ray-ban's profile photo   02/03/2012 5:29 p.m.

hello.
I'm going to do 1 year with diabetes (type 1) and told me the endocrine that was in 'honeymoon';My question is whether I continue on that honeymoon, since at first I put 4u of Lantus, and it is about 1 month and my glucose values ​​went crazy, so I started uploading the Lantus units to control thevalues;Now I get 14u in Lantus and I was well with this dose, but now at night I lift myself with 150mg/dl more less, and I am raising the Lantus dose to channel these fasting values.
That all this roll ^^, my question is whether this continuing to raise the dose of Lantus, it can be not yet out of the honeymoon, or because I am wrong in carbohydrate intake in the right.What do you take in the right before bedtime so as not to have nocturnal hypos, or the right is to decide depending on the values ​​before sleeping? My endocrine recommended not to make it right in case of value greater than 160mg/dl before sleeping....
All the best.Thank you

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
02/03/2012 5:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think that with Lantus it is not necessary to make the insulin well adjusted.When I used NPH he takes a glass of milk that coincided with the peak of insulin, but with lantus, insulin bomb, it is not necessary ... that he corrects me if I am wrong, but having to drink HC to not have hypos forThe night, it implies having too many hours above the correct values

tica's profile photo
tica
02/04/2012 9:40 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I agree with Tica, if you have well adjusted the basal you do not have to take right.As something before bedtime if I am below 100, but I carry a bomb, in your case you must decide according to your own experience.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/04/2012 9:52 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaaaa,
MoNocturna, and that I never had it, anyway my educator if she tells me to reign
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
02/04/2012 10:16 a.m.

Ray-Ban, I interpret that the glucose values ​​you comment are on an empty stomach.

I would do one thing: I would measure myself before going to sleep, I would not take right (unless glymia was less than 110) and I would get up around 3 in the morning to control me.
With this you get 2 things:
- See how your blood glucose evolves at night (depending on what you do or not).
- Safety to sleep peacefully ... although sometimes glycems go crazy, we usually all have more or less stable glycemia patterns.

Think that 2 cookies rise, more or less, about 50 glycemia ... and a glass of milk about 100 glycemia.
This is the theory ... that then each one affects us in a slightly different way.

To see if the honeymoon is running out there are 2 more ways, in addition to basal blood glucose;Glycosylated hemoglobin and glycemia 3 hours after a meal.
In both cases, if you rise above normal standards, it will be an indicator that your pancreas is stopping insulin.

Finally, the unappealable is that they did a test of the C peptide to see the insulin production of your body ... more objective than this analysis is already impossible.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/05/2012 3:13 a.m.

Hello
@Owash I will do what you tell me to see how my levels evolve at night;Because it is a synocose that to go to bed without being completely sure that it will happen ¬ ¬, or if I wake up startled and sweat ... I can not.
@anabeg I have to admit that I feel very identified with what you have said that you have a paranoia, I think exactly the same, there are times that I go to bed with 180mg/dl and I know that I do not have to allege anything because I do not need, but I do not need, butI lie down with a bad taste, like I am doing something wrong hehe, although then the next morning, when I woke up, I see that I was right and that I did well not re -harming anything, since I have left a movie glycemia!;But what was said, I lie down with an anguish that I am doing it wrong hehehe we are going pure paranoia!
Thank you all.And I will consult my endocrine to see what it tells me, if it is good to allege, or better change the dose, or whatever ^^
All the best

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
02/05/2012 6:31 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.