{'en': 'Diabetes and contraceptives', 'es': 'Diabetes y anticonceptivos'} Image

Diabetes and contraceptives

garbitxu's profile photo   02/07/2012 6:55 a.m.

Hello,

I was wondering if taking contraceptive pills that imply a hormonal change can affect glycemia.If someone has experience or can tell me any things ...

I will start taking them and I would like to know how they can affect me not to go crazy and worry .... Also since I am diabetic my menstruation hurts much more ...

Is it normal?

Thanks in advance.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
02/07/2012 6:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have taken them for 9 years and for me it is much easier to control diabetes.You avoid the rare week of ovulation and the rare week of the rule.Virtually every week are the same.
The pain, I had a very painful rules (that's why the contraceptives prescribed me).High sugar levels can cause cysts in ovaries (polychist ovaries) and that can create pain

tica's profile photo
tica
02/07/2012 8:02 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Holissss Dulcillas, look the sugar can vvvariar when you start taking them until the body gets used to it, you always have to warnThey give us different pills to a Mujker without diabetes, once the body gets used to everything :) Kisses and luck

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
02/07/2012 10:44 a.m.

Hi Garbitxu:
I am a pharmaceutical.I have been taking them for a while and I have no problem, nor sugar climbs at the beginning or anything.They usually prescribe those with the lowest dose or those that have only one type of hormone for that of cardiovascular problems as possible adverse effects but if you have good glycemic control, no problem.Of course, you should always tell you that you are diabetic.You can also tell you the theme of the ring, which has less dose than the pill.

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
02/08/2012 4:34 a.m.

I already tried the ring and caused me many irritations.After consulting it, the gyne told me to leave it.Thank you very much girls.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
02/08/2012 5:10 a.m.

I use them in March about 10 days and if you notice lacking when you leave them.Mine were low dose of hormones due to the issue of coagulation, but as its function is regular, sure that over time it is much better to avoid the effects of ovulation and menstruation as it says that they alter me like an enclevivoGlycemia

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/19/2016 2:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Garbitxu The problem with oral contraceptives in diabetic women are not sugar levels.Pills combine estrogen and progesterone and this multiplies the risk of suffering from arteriosclerosis both in diabetic and non -diabetic women.This risk is higher in the case of diabetic women and even more if they smoke, if they are over 35, if they have vascular problems or associated cardiovascular risk factors such as hypertension, overweight, etc.I personally do not recommend taking it but in any way it is something that you have to speak not only with your gynecologist if not with your endocrine.
All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/20/2016 9:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Good morning girls, I opened this issue there, because I did the test, I also had the example of @tica, that I was going on a film.Well, I will tell you that I have tried 3 months and I had to leave it.At first go, but then I had the super high glycemia, doing the same things, and everyone told me it won't be the pill?And I go ... It will be that I have worsened and period.Well, I ate any things and put me in 200 and the basal 135 or so, when I am 90. I rose the insulin a point and killed me and do gymnastics and nothing ... I controlled it as fair.I have finally left the pills and I have returned to normal.What am I going to do, I am always the exception that confirms the rule!Never better said: D So you have to check the same in your meats.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/21/2016 10:02 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

They took them away from me: |

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/21/2016 10:09 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Well, I want to tell you, the same thing that without contraceptive (nuvving, low dose) did not notice differences when I had the rule or ovulation and Cyande began to use them I said to see this how it will be .. and well, I didn't notice anythingSpecial and when I have left them for the best 1 days a little lower but little significant what I motivated is that when I left them I filled me with grains and I have never had them, or a young lake

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/21/2016 6:06 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I upload this thread to tell my experience.
I have returned to take contraceptives after muuuchos years to regulate the cycle.

I take them taking a month and the week that I have had the rule my glucose have shot how I have never had them ...

Every day at two hours of eating it was high.Eating a loin fillet, lettuce and a tangerine, at two hours I get practically twice what I came out before (before around 85 and now 160).

Since yesterday it seems that I am having more content values, so I hope it was only the catastrophic week of the rule and adjusts little by little ...

anif's profile photo
anif
02/02/2021 1:54 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.