I am very worried, you can help me

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/27/2010 12:20 p.m.

I have had a very strong bronchitis this winter and when I started to cure, I came a flu process with nocturnal sweating, febricula and chills with very low fever, many intestinal disorders and loss of 4 kilos, at 10 days of the gripal process I started withRespiratory acidosis that has not been removed until today, I am having a very bad time, the doctors do not know why I have acidosis and do not know very well where to throw, that if pneumologo, internist, neurologist, one of them told me that it could be aType 1 diabetes melitus at the beginning but my sugar analytics are normal, the pH I have normal and I have no ketones in the urine, in the morning respiratory acidosis is very slight and it increases with the passage of the day.

Could you advise me, may it be an initial diabetes?

Thank you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/27/2010 12:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Juan.

With the data you give us, it does not seem to me that you have diabetes or by Asomo.If your glycemia figures are normal, acidosis must have another cause, possibly an infection, I don't know.

Are you doing more tests?

Health

DiabetesForo
03/27/2010 12:35 p.m.

Hi Alea, thanks for answering.

The doctor who insinuated the diabetes told me after seeing the blood tests that PCO2 levels were very high 52 mmHg and bicarbonate had it slightly high so the pH was normal and acidosis was compensated, it also hadMany phosphates in the urine, the levels of sugar had them in 168 after breakfast juice, milk and toast, he told me that acidosis could be for several reasons, infections but the leukocytes and other parameters indicated that there is no infection (although II continue with milder night sweating and some chills and very low body temperature 35.5), for some lung disorder but the plates were normal or because of the infection that had happened that I would have affected me to metabolism even if I had no longer had it.The two or three times that the sugar have looked at me in these weeks, on an empty stomach I had it over 107-115, the doctor says that it would be a basal insulin test because it may be that organism has started has manufactured less and that is why theSugar levels are fine but the changes in metabolism have been altered, the bad thing is that I am derived from the internist unit and they have given me date for the last May.I suspect for symptomatology and respiratory acetosis.
It is possible that respiratory ketosis is manifested before hyperglycemia?

I am very worried, thanks.

DiabetesForo
03/27/2010 1:12 p.m.

At least in diabetics, ketosis or ketoacidosis are a consequence of hyperglycemia, or an infection or lack of insulin, even prolonged fasting.
I would be very surprised if cetosis had without ease hyperglycemia samples.
Anyway, there are evidence to determine more accurately if there is a diabetes, although I still think that it is not your case, because you have other symptoms (that low temperature, etc.) that have nothing to do with diabetes.
In your case I would ask that you advance the consultation with the internist, or with an endocrine, so that you come out of doubt.

Health

DiabetesForo
03/27/2010 2:01 p.m.

I presuppose that you are a young person (under 45 years .... who forgive me the elderly of that age: Mrgreen :) and that you do not have great obesity (BMI & GT; 35) ... so in case of having diabetes,It would be of type 1.

In type 1 diabetes one of the routine tests to diagnose (although if the symptomatology is very clear it is not done ... as was my case: shock :) is to look for immunological markers (icas, gad and another that nuncameacuedocomosellama) ...In addition, an analysis of the C peptide will tell us whether the production of insulin by the pancreas is diminished or not.
I guess these tests will have already done them or they should have already done them ...

The symptomatology of drinking a lot, eating a lot, being tired, leg cramps, urinating a lot .... do you have it?

The loss of urine phosphates is usually related to hyperglycemia ... Creatinine was high?

Another possibility would be a diagnosis related to gastroesophageal reflux ... for its relationship with lung ventilation problems, although I see it complicated.

I agree with Alea that the appointment should be advanced ... and if there is always the possibility of going through an emergency door.

In my case, 1 year before debuting I had a strong pneumonia (with 41º and 42º fever:?).

Anyway, I hope it's nothing.

DiabetesForo
03/27/2010 3:24 p.m.

Owash, I am 37 years old and I am of a thin constitution, I have gone 3 times to the emergency room and every time the analytics they did to me were standard or with requests well above, to see if there were important alterations in the pancreas or liver and little more thing, no immunological markers, if they made the C -reactive protein that gave less than 2 (I do not know if it will have something to do with the C), the creatine also 0.98 and a gasometry with PCO2 52 and Bicarbonate 27.2, according to thedoctor was very very.The last of the 3 doctors who have seen me is the one who hinted at diabetes becauseDerived unit, I went to patient care to advance the appointment and it was impossible, they said they had no available agenda or possibility of including me in the current one before that date.

Regarding the symptoms that you describe and some more, very dry mouth, need to drink a lot and urinate a lot, the first week did not pass my food, I lost 4 kilos in 5 days with nausea, fever, chills and the following weeksHunger but I don't win weight, I am very tired, I can't even with 30% of the tasks, many intestinal noises and gases, neural symptoms (such as difficulty reconciling the dream, suddenly I wake up and I can't sleep, I stay white andI have difficulty concentrating, and involuntary movements of the leg muscles) have improved a lot but the days I have night sweating return a little, but above all that smell of Cetona in the breath that permeates all my clothes and room.

I will try to make the tests of immunological and insulin markers even with a private doctor as soon as possible.

Thanks for your opinion.

DiabetesForo
03/27/2010 8:37 p.m.

Starting at the end, the neuronal symptoms that you describe are usually a consequence of respiratory difficulties ... Less oxig reaches the brain and slows down, it is as if everything would bother and be slower.

It is rare that bicarbonate is very slightly increased with a high PCO2, in addition the creatinine values ​​are normal (theory the renal function is fine, in the absence of other values) ... With ventilatory problems the kidney increases bicarbonate to compensate for the mismatchof CO2.

Be careful in case of diarrhea, bicarbonate loss can be fast ...

Maybe it can be a mixed ketosis: respiratory and metabolic ... Little matters who it was before, you have to look for the cause of each one.
From the metabolic, only a prolonged fasting and diabetes are occurred
Of the respiratory, perhaps it is a consequence of the first.

Have you mentioned anything about the protons pump or base acid disorder?

Anyway, I hope that the problem as soon as possible

DiabetesForo
03/28/2010 7:35 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.