You are great

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/31/2010 6 a.m.

Hello friends, my name is Juan, I am 44 years old, I live in Madrid and I am a conscious diabetic for a week.In a routine blood analysis of glucose and my doctor shouted in the sky.In principle I am being treated as type 2. Although the doctor at first had doubts about whether I would prick insulin for the high sugar measurements I gave, now the thing is going down and I think I will stay in type 2.

My trigger has been sedentary life and bad habits.Smoker of 3 daily packages, beer addict, fobia to exercise, overweight ...

I am taking metformin, following diet and exercising.I have taken it seriously.
They have given me a Breeze 2 meter from Bayer and I control daily, I give you an example of my measurements:

03/26/10: 200-197, 268-176, 159-229
03/30/10: 134-175, 225-170, 116-108

As you can see the values ​​are going slowly, I only have a week of healthy life.The lowest value I have given has been 81. Mine is sustained hyperglycemia, I have not yet had any hypoglycemia episode.

The truth is that I am still disoriented with my new situation, I barely knew anything about diabetes and in the health center they have not informed me too much, you know ... massification, little time per patient.Nor have they still sent me to an endocrine.

In this circumstance to find your forum has been of enormous help.I carry several days reading the issues here and thanks to you I am placing myself in my new reality.You do a great support work and you are also very good people.;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/31/2010 6 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holass

Welcome to the New World: D

Courage with treatment ... the most important and difficult thing is to keep it for years ... but the first thing you have already done: hypermericize you ...

Ask what you need ... Let's see if we can help you with something.

Salu2

DiabetesForo
03/31/2010 1:16 p.m.

Hello monotral:

Welcome to the forum, you have entered the best place you could find on the network, they are really fantastic, I would already like more than one endocrine to know what they know, we would make things much better, and it is not for doing the "Ball "because I never liked that.

The glucose a little high, but you carry very little, I also have diabetes mellitus II, I found out in August, smoked package and a half tobacco and that same day I abandoned it forever, I don't miss it at all, sometimes except that sometimesMy nerves shoot me and I turn to the gum, that there are great ones without Ázucar.

You will tell us how you are going, they can help you here and if my experience is (what is little), because too.

A kiss

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
03/31/2010 5:18 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Thanks Owash and Cloud for the welcome.;)

The truth is that I have many doubts about the subject.For example with alcohol.My doctor has prohibited me sharply.But I have read in several places that lowers sugar (whenever they are dry alcohols).This can cause danger of hypoglycemia but since I always have the high sugar I have thought I can help me and I am doing tests.When as with half a glass of wine at food or dinner + metformin I get better medication than if I take the metformin alone.I have checked this on many occasions.

Last night I did a "load test."With dinner I take 1/2 metformin pill and 1/2 glass of wine and two hours later I said 127. As I found something high I took the other half pill and after a while I took 4 cans of normal beer and half cookie packageTuc Bacon.At hour and a half it gave 118 glucose.Not bad at all.Instead of getting up he lowered me.And today I got up with 125 (the second lowest figure obtained on an empty stomach)

Nor is it that he intends to drink a lot but I want to know if I can give myself a "taste" from time to time, always keeping the diet and good habits.I would like to know what you think.

Another doubt is knowing how much glucose should I think of going to the emergency room to inject me insulin?

I put more previous and later measurements, added to those I had already put, so that you see my evolution.Except for some isolated peak in general the values ​​fall.I know that I must be between 70 and 100, as a healthy person, but what value would be acceptable as continuing?120, 110 ...?

03/25/10: 206-232, 205-217, 160-185
03/26/10: 200-197, 268-176, 159-229
03/28/10: 179-236, 277-114, 175-094
03/29/10: 144-187, 141-161, 081-148
03/30/10: 134-175, 225-170, 116-108
03/31/10: 141-161, 114-088, 148-088
04/01/10: 116-132, 222-096, 106-127
04/02/10: 125-142

Thank you very much for your help and sympathy.;)

DiabetesForo
04/02/2010 8:57 a.m.

Let's see, things don't work like this.

Alcohol is metabolized in different ways according to people ... The theory says that fermented drinks (wine and beer) increase blood glucose, since they contain carbohydrates, although they are compensated with a low alcohol load.
Distilled drinks (vodka, whiskey ...) increase blood glucose to lower it ... 8)

The liver, in addition to functioning as an "internal distillery" secretes glucagon, a kind of emergency glucose that uses the body in specific or extreme situations (such as hypoglycemia).
If we overloaded the liver work ... In case of hypoglycemia, it will not segregate glucagon to overcome that hypoglycemia and what is worse, if they inject it externally (which is an unusual situation but sometimes it happens) the liver could notUse by being distracted with those co -ascoats of alcohol ...

1 glass of wine inside meals means nothing.
1 beer when you leave nothing.

On the other hand, metformin does not work as an aspirin ... a daily regularity must be followed in its consumption, not for eating more I take 2 or for not eating I do not take me a pill.

The normalization of your glycemia is fundamentally due to the action of metformin, which improves the absorption of insulin and glucose by cells.
The pancreas, until now, was manufacturing insulin to full rag but the carriers did not take it to its destination ... an improvement has been reached that allows carriers to carry insulin along with glucose to the warehouses (cells).

The theme of the Emergency: Presence of acetone in urine ... which usually means being at more than 250-300 mg/dl for quite some time.
But in type 2 it is rare to be presented.

Glycosylated hemoglobin is the best index to check if it is well controlled ... glycemia serve as guidance but glycosylated hemoglobin is an objective analytical (less than 7%, which is equivalent to being 24h below 140-150 mg/dl)

DiabetesForo
04/03/2010 4:17 a.m.

Thank you Owash for your explanation, so I can get a better idea of ​​how this works.;)

How can I know if I have acetone in my urine?Do you have a pestilent smell?I say it because I have spent times in the last years when my urine smelled very badly, it lasted a week and disappeared.

Yesterday I did the 6 regulatory measurements without taking any alcohol and again I found that without it I give higher values.Complete yesterday's measurements:

04/02/10: 125-142, 170-138, 85-157

The measurement of 85 before dinner was obtained after a 7 -kilometer walk.I was very happy, but the measurement after dinner (very light, a salad and a little turkey breast) of 157 threw my joy on the ground.I went to bed.I couldn't sleep from anger.I got up soon, I took two small gin and a soy yogurt that contains something sugar.At the hour and a half I measure me and I had dropped to 113. This morning I have dawned with 109. The best fasting measurement so far.

I know that I have a few measurements, it does not reach two weeks, but for me there is no doubt that a little alcohol improves my levels of sugar.With the metformin alone it is hard for me to get off 140 - 150 after meals and with a little alcohol I put on levels of healthy person.My wife tells me that I am cheating, because I have always liked the drink (without spending my amounts but with constancy in the custom) and thinks that I am looking for an excuse to continue drinking alcohol, but I refer to the data I get.
I have no problem not drinking, when the doctor prohibited it, I was several days without trying a drop without the most monkey problem or something like that.But he is giving me to think that my pancreas is addicted and that he feels very good to take his copita.:))

As you say, Owash, each person is a world and in my case it works for me, and on the other hand the amounts I take are so small that I do not think they harm my liver: half a glass of wine in meals and one or two suckssmall gin after.If I take wine I don't take a little suck and vice versa.(The 4 beer cans was a point of charge ".)

Finally I would like to record the side effects that metformin produces in case the same thing happens to me or you can tell me something.I have noticed that since I take the noise in the ears they have increased a lot, I always had them, but never as strong and constant as now.I have also got out of my hands, first on the left and then on the right.And I am also noticing that the dark circles are being marked, which I never had.

Well, these are my circumstances.Thank you very much for the advice you give me.;)

DiabetesForo
04/03/2010 5:57 a.m.

Hello monotral:

I think Owash has made it super clear, I don't know how many metformin pills they have sent you up to date, I take only one, first they were medium and a half until the body used, for me the side effects were exclusively diarrhea, ofThe most uncomfortable, thankfully the body got used to it, now I notice hair loss that I will consult with the endocrine.

I don't have your problem with alcohol, let's give me exactly the same, the only thing I took before telling me that it was a sweet -blooded woman, it was the beer without, and on one occasion that I read Owash say that the glucose was uploaded, thenI cut for the healthy, now it only takes Coca-Cola zero, tomato juice (which is antioxidant) and tea with lemon without sugar, you will have realized that I am very disciplined person, diabetes is a disease that can be complicated much ifIt is not enough for him, not alive for diabetes, but without diabetes, it cost me a little mentalized.

I have been sent glycemia controls every 15 or 20 days, there are four punctures a day, and every time they go better, my glycosilada, which is what matters is in 5.7, if at night you are a little higher inNormal, almost better, I won't give you any hiccups.

I don't know how acetone in urine shows, my glucose levels were probably never too high.

Always listen to Owash, knows quantity about this disease and is always willing to help.

Cheer up, :)

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
04/03/2010 6:45 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Hello cloud.
I take two Sandoz 850 mg metformin pills a day.In food and dinner.I started taking half and a half the first days also at food and dinner.The theme of diarrhea experienced it only once when I drink half a pill with breakfast to try to lower glucose in the morning, I gave me diarrhea and I was already like that all day.I have not taken it again with breakfast and I have not suffered again.

I already imagined that when commenting on alcohol I was going to give the impression of being a drunkenness, but I assure you that I have no problem with it.My custom was to drink 6 or 7 cans of beer per day leading a very sedentary life, so I developed a beautiful brewery.:)) To me now what interests me is to know if it helps me to lower glucose and began to experience Raiz to read it on places about diabetes.I can live perfectly without taking it.

On that the beer "without" the sugar goes up, he did not know but was beginning to suspect him at my own experience.I now usually drink a lot of water, mint infusions, chamomile and some light coca.The tomato juice seems like a good idea.;)

I assure you that I pay much about what Owash says, since I have verified the forum that it controls the matter a lot, but I must also take into account my experience and the reactions of my body that is particular and non -transferable, like everyone else.In my case I have not experienced hypoglycemia or measurements that are approaching (I cross your fingers), so if my glycemia are always high and I find something that helps metformin to lower them even more because honey on Ojuelas!(Sorry for the comparison).But always with great prudence and without losing respect for the disease.;)

DiabetesForo
04/03/2010 7:19 a.m.

The other undesirable effect of alcohol, especially distilled drinks, is the contribution of calories ...
Each gram of alcohol contributes 7 calories to the organism ... Fats provide 9 and carbohydrates and 4 -cadies.
But to greater graduation, greater number of calories ...
For giving you a track, a paella dish provides the same calories as 2 high-graduation alcohol glasses-

As if that were not enough, the calories provided are empty calories do not have usable nutrients for the body so we force the body (kidneys, liver, pancreas, digestive system ...) to perform extra work and for which it is not preparednor designed ... a moderate alcohol consumption as it is, forces the body to treat that alcohol in the first place, preventing work with the fat that accumulates much more easily (hence the famous beer belly).

The one who associates alcohol with glycemia decreases is nothing more than "self -fulfilling prophecy", the body continues to consume glucose hours after performing an exercise (in your case walk) and together with the effect of metformin and the control ofThe diet (turkey and salad is 0 rations of carbohydrates) made glycemia lowered you.If you had eaten a potato tortilla sandwich, I assure you that the sucks would be an anecdote.

Gastrointestinal discomforts are normal with Dianben in the early stages ... soon they disappear.

For a type 2, the fundamental thing: lose weight, physical exercise, avoid hypoglycemia, at least 2 glycosylated hemoglobins a year and complete reviews of eyes, kidneys, heart and feet ... at least 1 a year, if there are no complications.

DiabetesForo
04/03/2010 7:50 a.m.

You have misinterpreted me, at all I think you are addicted to alcohol, simply that they are your customs just like the mine were to smoking a daily package and that I always thought that it would be super difficult to leave the smoke and look where when I went out withBox in the hand of the glucose meter of the endocrine consultto smoking, at least for the moment and this was in August.

My older brother also has diabetes mellitus, they have operated 15 days ago from 2 baypass and a valve in the aorta, with the kidneys working at 15-20%, risk operation, fortunately everything went well and is recovering, all thisIt makes you think that maybe it is worth leaving some things and taking care of us a little more.

Nube's profile photo
Nube
04/03/2010 8:04 a.m.

I am hallucinated reading: Shock:, forgive that I disagree with you monotral, but lowering the glucose drinking alcohol seems to me a barbarity and on top that you manifest it openly, you drink a lot or little.The diet, medication and exercise is what you have to base your treatment, alcohol in moderation and always on specific moments ....
Of course, with your life you can do whatever you want, but you have to be careful with what is said in a forum that reads many people, adults, children and adolescents.

DiabetesForo
04/03/2010 2:29 p.m.

Prado, relax a little and read my post quietly.You will see that what I say is not even from far like you paint it.

Cloud, I'm glad your brother is fine.I'm fine too.Thank you ;)

My measurements yesterday:

04/03/10: 109-115, 136-091, 095-094 average = 106.66 (at dinner I opted to take only 1/2 metformin since it arrived low)

Tension: 135-85

DiabetesForo
04/03/2010 8:02 p.m.

Let's see, one thing is to be hypoglycemic and another that can control glycemia.
When we have diabetes, we have to control glycemia, not simply lower it.

Alcohol is contraindicated with metformin treatment (Dianben) by risk of lactic acidosis: alcohol modifies lactic acid from metabolism and modifies the functioning of metformin ... may appear by specific or chronic alcohol consumption and itsDevelopment can be gradual ... LACTIC ACIDOSIS guarantees a vacation in the UVI and usually has a very serious prognosis.
In Dianben's prospect he puts it clearly.
If you follow sports such as cycling or athletics, you will ever hear lactic acid, which is nothing more than the biochemical manifestation of bospices and the little ease of recovery of an effort, that is, lactic acid is increased.

My only change since I have diabetes was to abandon the occasional consumption (still) of alcohol ... I limit myself to wine or beer, 1-2 glasses, along with meals.

Montreal, modifying the amount of Dianben according to glycemia is not a good idea ... I insist that its operation goes far beyond 3-4 hours ... with the Dianben postpandracial glycemia is controlled (after all mealsof the day) and basal blood glucose (the morning on an empty stomach).
If you take less quantity you will increase any of the glycemia, sure.

DiabetesForo
04/04/2010 4:04 a.m.

Good morning Owash!

Last night I went to bed with 94 and this morning I got up with 100 glucose.My last 4 measurements are suddenly from a healthy person.Have I entered the honeymoon?If I give normal values, should I follow the medication with the same intensity?
I understand by your previous answers that yes, but as I am new in this I am afraid to fall into hypoglycemia if I have normal values ​​and take metformin in the same doses as if I had high values.

My only change since I have diabetes was to abandon the occasional consumption (percendesemana) of alcohol ... I limit myself to wine or beer, 1-2 glasses, along with meals.

Well, that's what I say that I feel good, and that is what I do, except some extra test to check the reactions of my body.But I will leave the subject because I see that I am not being understood.
I will look for some nutrition and recommended foods to continue chatting and expose my doubts in that aspect.I am more interested to make my diet varied and appetizing.

This is the diet that the doctor gave me and that I follow:

Link "Style =" Max-Width: 300px;

The acetone in the urine Is there a way of knowing if I have it without analysis?

DiabetesForo
04/04/2010 5:13 a.m.

Monotral if I am very calm;) and I have read your messages slowly and I have thought about it well before answering, in fact that I intended to write but I have preferred to wait to see how the subject followed ...
Read what you put on your gin experiment and the 4 cans of beer .... You clearly imply that you try to lower alcohol glucose and that is a mistake and very dangerous.I only wanted to make my opinion clear.

DiabetesForo
04/04/2010 6:42 a.m.

Monotral, which I have baptized as Canadian before: Mrgreen: ...

Understand that this is an open forum and that all written opinions can be interpreted in very different ways, many times you have to point out things that either have not expressed correctly or have not understood each other well.
And as Prado says, you can read young or not so young and be misunderstood.

For example, I have expressed myself badly, I have said that I introduce 1 wine or beer in meals ... but I do it occasionally, in celebrations for example, 99% of the time do not try any alcohol.And much less, the distillate (I have panic: shock :).

Regarding what you ask, the Dianben does not cause hypoglycemia ... almost under any circumstances, except for the absence of carbohydrates of carbohydrates and exaggerated physical exercise or other external causes should be added to cause hypoglycemia.

You have no honeymoon, it is a concept that is only used in the case of type 1 diabetes ... when insulin reserves are being reduced.
In type 2 diabetes, insulin is produced, the problem is that it either produces little or takes advantage of.
When controlling carbohydrates, increasing exercise and decreasing weight, the same amount of insulin makes much more effect and improves glycemia.
Being similar, you have nothing to see type 1 diabetes with type 2 diabetes.

Your treatment is: exercise-control-dianben (the dose that have been prescribed, so you say 0-1-1, at food and dinner).
If you make any of the 3 variables you will worsen your disease control.
We would have to add diabetological education ... But of course, in this country this is a utopia, and more in primary care.

Is 2000 kcal a hypocaloric diet?: Shock:
Joer, unless you have a very high daily activity ... I think it's quite the opposite ... with a 1500 you would be left over, in normal conditions.

The acetone:

DiabetesForo
04/04/2010 7:06 a.m.

Very good.

I see several things that I want to comment.

One is the honeymoon, which, according to what I know, I fear that it does not occur in type 2.

The other is to relate cause-effect to few data.I explain myself: If I have a fever, I like a chupachups and the fever lowers me, what I cannot do is deduce that the fever has been lowered by the chupachups.

The third thing is to make tests and changes in medication doses without maintaining those tests enough time.Normally, what should be done is to maintain those changes for several days before deducting anything, and making the changes of one by one, because if not, the cause-effect can never be established.

Anyway, monotral, which I agree with Prado and Owash.I think you expose what you think in order to give you our opinion, so you should not bother yourself if we do it, because we do not judge here, but we try, each with their experience and their knowledge, help or guide those who have those who havedoubts.

Greetings.

DiabetesForo
04/04/2010 7:14 a.m.

Hello monotral,
In my case I had also been reading them all and the truth you feel an empathy that I have not found anywhere else, just yesterday I registered and it is a pleasure.
I am very grateful for the reception and I feel free to write my experience in this whole topic, whatever you want or not, overwhelms us all.
I hope better very soon !!!!!Here you have me in case you need something
greetings

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/12/2016 2:59 p.m.

diagnostico final: sindrome metabolico.
HG: 5.8 OBJETIVO ALCANZADO Y SIN INSULINA !!!!!!!!!! ahora a intentar mantenerse en estos niveles !!!!!!

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.