Student with diabetes

Clio's profile photo   04/09/2010 6:28 a.m.

Hello,
I am a high school teacher and I have a student with insipid diabets, we are having some problems with her and wears a little help.
I tell you, she is 14 years old and she has been my student for 2 courses, she always told me that there are many diabetes and that each person has their own adequate levels of blood glucose thus avoided giving us the data of their level of blood glucose, classroom, classroom,I went to the cafeteria in search of sugar, etc ... However I have a 10 -year -old nephew with DM1 since last summer and now I know that the appropriate levels are between 70 and 120, but I still have the doubt about whether theInsipated diabetes have your own levels, is that so?She knows about my nephew and has left
Another thing, we are also detecting that he lies on his Nivles to get out of class.
Greetings and thanks

Clio's profile photo
Clio
04/09/2010 6:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Clio (Nice Nick, the Muse of History)

The first thing is to thank you for your interest.Unfortunately, one of the biggest problems of children of children with diabetes is the school issue and the lack of involvement of a good part of the teaching staff.I am glad to see that there are some who are really worried about their students.

I will try to go in parts.

First, it is true that each diabetic is a world and has different needs.

Second, my experience is with diabetes 1, not with the tasteless, and I do not know what peculiarities I can have.

But I think the experience with my daughter can help you.My daughter is now 16 years old and has been with diabetes.From 12 to 15 it has been from traca.Lied to their levels;The controls were not done;I ate hidden or feed hypoglycemia to take sweets;Insulin was put to volley to eat chocolates ... Anyway, total and negative rebellion to accept norms and responsibilities, together with an amazing ability to deceive.

I am not saying that the same thing happens to your student, much less.I say that the possibility is possible, because at that age there is a certain number of kids who rebel and make barbarities.
My recommendation is that you meet with the parents and explain what happens.They will give you the necessary guidelines to know how to act.
If he says he has hypoglycemia, the first thing is certainly to take sugar, but talk to the parents to agree that the girl shows you the glucometer measurement.In addition, if you go to the cafeteria and hypoglycemia is true, it runs the risk of losing knowledge on the way.

For any questions, you know, here we are, and thanks for your involvement, to see if the example is.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/09/2010 9:06 a.m.

Thanks alea for your answer, and I'm glad someone who clio is the muse of history and not a car, as most people tell me :).
In the last weeks it seems to be somewhat quieter and as I know about my nephew he teaches me the reader and looks at me as saying, "see it down, now I don't lie."
By the way, as anecdote, there is a partner who when he goes down for sugar and another sugar is uploaded for him, a case ...
Thank you

Clio's profile photo
Clio
04/09/2010 12:05 p.m.

You're welcome, Clio, thanks to you.With more teachers like you many parents we would breathe calmer.

P.S.Nor do I understand the car.It is an inappropriate name;)

Health

DiabetesForo
04/09/2010 1:10 p.m.

Hello, Clio, I am also a high school and mother of a diabetic girl, so I'm on both sides :?My daughter never had to leave class to solve a hiccinterrupt class by mild hypoglycemia.It is more dangerous to go to the cafeteria than to solve it at the time.
Well .., talk to her, it is not going to be used too much about the subject.

Greetings: d

By the way: What is tasteless diabetes?Is it with insulin?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2010 1:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I answer me alone, I have looked at him on the Internet.He says it is an antidiuretic hormone deficit, which produces a lot of urine and thirst, but it has nothing to do with the pancreas or insulin.It must be type 1 diabetes what your student has, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2010 2:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I answer me alone, I have looked at him on the Internet.He says it is an antidiuretic hormone deficit, which produces a lot of urine and thirst, but it has nothing to do with the pancreas or insulin.It must be type 1 diabetes what your student has, right?
Hi Regina,
It is not type 1, it is insipid and as she says "it is very rare" and yes, I think it is not pricking insulin but a "other thing" that has not been able to explain to me and yes, it takes something for the urine.I'm sorry but I don't have more data.
I have already had other diabetic students in class and did not give a noise, but this one takes out their meter, the class is paralyzed, in addition the meter is left at home and you have to look for another diabetic girl in another class, in shortA small circus and of course everyone knows, I don't know, need for attention?
Greetings, Clío

Clio's profile photo
Clio
04/09/2010 4:25 p.m.

Yes, he looks like a girl in need of attracting attention.
It would be desirable for you to talk to the parents, to see if it can be helped.

Health

DiabetesForo
04/09/2010 5:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.