Diabetes and airport

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/12/2012 1:34 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Soon I will travel to London and I have heard that I need a role that accredits my diabetes but on the other hand I have heard that I need a card ... and I don't know what I really need ...

I think the biggest problem will be within the London Airport ...

Can you tell me if they have ever asked you for something?:?

Thank you very much

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/12/2012 1:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have to bring a role from your doctor (in English) in which you indicate that you are diabetic and the material you need.
He can give you problems are the syringes, but with the proof nothing happens.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/12/2012 1:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The paper is for the airport in case you are asked what all that you carry there is.And you also have to make the European health card, so that they attend you in case of anything, whether it is a cold or something related to diabetes.

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
02/12/2012 4:34 p.m.

It takes the medical certificate that includes the utensils you are going to need (with an English version you have enough).Do not put anything in the suitcase, carry everything in the hand luggage and take it out only if they ask for it.They have never asked me.

DiabetesForo
02/13/2012 4:23 a.m.

Hello,
This weekend I have flown from Germany to Spain and I forgot the certificate and I have not asked for anything (they have never asked me anything, my in the US).In Germany I always whistle my bomb but I take it off, in Spain not.But it is explained that you are diabetics and do not get problems.In fact I spent a bottle of water and they told me that I could not pass it and I told them that I was taking antibiotics and that I needed to drink a lotHe said that then he could pass everything he wanted (without justification or anything).They have relaxed a lot ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/13/2012 4:38 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I have traveled a Monton and a few countries ex: Japon, Thailand, Brazil, Italy, France, Finland, Egypt, Great Britain ... and the only time they have asked me for paper was in Madrid, the Civil Guard, generally not youThey say and they don't ask you for anything.I advise you to carry a proof that will make your endocrine, that it is in Spanish and English, this role justifies that you are diabetic, just in case.And on the subject of carrying a zumito and some cookies for a possible hypo, in this case if they tell you at the airport that you can not upload it to the plane, for this if the justifying paper serves (medications do not tell you anything usually, let's not even ask you) take something like a sugar over or glucagon.And the health card is in case you need attention in some center (if it is for a short trip, as you want).
PS: The liquids in the plane as a safety measure, they will remove it in 2013.
I hope I have helped you!

DiabetesForo
02/20/2012 11:06 a.m.

I travel a few years ago to Italy and with a proof of my internist was enough. When I have access to stadiums to see football I say that I am diabetic I teach insulin and so far I have not had problems.

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
01/26/2017 10:34 a.m.

They have never asked me for anything, at first I had a small report but for a few years here, nothing, but next month I go to the USA and there I will take everything tied and well tied because I do not want to have problems.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/26/2017 11:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.