Exsulin

Gema3's profile photo   04/10/2010 2:35 p.m.

But how good this looks:
Exsulin Corporation today announced the beginning of an essay (Sept 2009) Human Phase II of Exsulin (TM), a peptide destined to restore insulin production in people with diabetes mellitus.The random and controlled study of 12 weeks in patients with type 1 diabetes (T1DM) will be co-direct by the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and the McGill University Health Center in Montreal, Canada.The first results are expected to be available in Q2 2010. The study design is based on previous trials that showed an improvement in insulin secretion and glucose control, both in patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes (DMT2) treated withExsulin
"Exsulin is a hormone that is being studied by its potential capacity to regenerate islets - and possibly restore insulin production - in the pancreas," said G. Alexander Fleming, MD, founder and president, former Sulin Corporation."We hope that the results of this important study, which will be based on the previous results to better characterize the effects of the exsulin on the production of insulin and glucose control."
"This phase II trial represents a crucial milestone in the demonstration of exsulin's potential as a novel approach for diabetes treatment," said Lisa Jansa, founder and CEO of Exsulin Corporation."Exsulin is the only hormone of the regeneration of islets in the clinical development of people with T1DM. If this study confirms the previous data, we are sure that we can advance exsulin to phase III tests, with the ultimate goal of theIntesting a new and innovative treatment to millions of patients living with diabetes. "
Phase II of the Exsulin trial will be carried out through a cross -border effort directed by diabetes research centers at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and the McGill University Health Center in Montreal, Canada.The equipment in both locations will begin the recruitment of patients with established T1DM disease (more than two years from the diagnosis) for the registration in the trial.Candidate patients require an A1C level of 7.5 or less.The McGill University has a long history in the care of diabetes and research.McGill is home to the JDRF center for the regeneration of the beta cell, which has made many contributions to the understanding of human pancreatic islets.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
04/10/2010 2:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Everything that is research, welcome.

However, I put everything in quarantine, because almost never research tells us about advances in the field of autoimmunity and, as long as self -immunity is not resolved, solutions will be nothing more than temporary patches, I'm afraid.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/10/2010 5:03 p.m.

I am with Alea, it is very good to treat the "symptoms" but the true revolution will come the day when the autoimmune attack is unleashed, not only for diabetics for the many other autoimmune diseases that exist, some do not even haveThe possibility of replacing the deficit hormone.He will lie so much to continue investigating and who tells us that they do not find new treatments, perhaps there was Lantus or Levemir 15 years ago, I think that the exsulin goes around, that of regenerating the islets ... I do not see it very clear.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/11/2010 4:21 a.m.

Well, if they restore the ability to produce insulin without having to take immunosuppressants and without any other side effect ... where does it have to be signed? ... Even if it only lasts 1 year, 1 year that me injections.

Lack of base research, logically the researchers go where there is money to investigate ...

The fundamental advances are the discoveries that respond to "why it happens" ... however much of the investigation is dedicated to "to be able ...."

Advances in the proteom+genome will give rise to more effective and very customized drugs to each patient ... This in 10-20 years will be very common.
But as long as they do not destroy the chassis of type 1 diabetes and give with the nut that flips the engine, we will be with the "ay" in the body

DiabetesForo
04/11/2010 6:34 a.m.

I think that with the exsulin, a situation similar to the honeymoon phase could be reached, that is, you click little insulin and the pancreas corrects you largely, thus avoiding hyper and hypos.

However, on the subject of the immune system this may be the answer (sorry in English):

Sanofi-Aventis also has a line of research similar to exulin:

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
04/11/2010 7:24 a.m.

He read that in Canada they are working on a vaccine that acts by destroying the T immune system cells that destroy beta cells.They have managed to reverse type 1 in mice.But what worries me is that these investigations on the immune system, which can assume healings, are not supported by pharmacists: Evil:

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2010 12:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have read the first link that Gema puts and seems very hopeful, but it happens to me like Regina, if it is not supported by a pharmaceutical, which are the ones that really have the power, nothing will be achieved, I even think that if the research harmsYour business will do their best so that they do not give positive results or hide.

DiabetesForo
04/13/2010 5:59 a.m.

"The Common Thread Between Bush Major Forms of Diabetes Is Insulin Deficiety. To Cure Both Forms will require Means of Restoring Normal Insulin Secretion and the Feasible Most APPROACH APPEARS TO INVOLVE ISLET REGENERATION. GLYCEMIC CONTROL IN Both T1 AND T2DMTo Achieve Optimal Results.

It seemed to me very beautiful, as you can read, the exsulin will have to be combined with "agents who control autoimmunity", will they take immunosuppressants, what do you understand?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/13/2010 10:57 a.m.

According to Sangoogle:

The common thread between the two main forms of diabetes is insulin deficiency.To cure both forms they require a means of restoring the normal secretion of insulin and the most viable approach seems to involve the regeneration of the islets.The glycemic control in type 2 diabetes both in T1 and patients need combinations of therapies to achieve optimal results.Similarly, exsulin therapy will be complemented with agents that insulin resistance control in people with type 2 diabetes and agents than control selfimmunity in people with DM1

Pos no idea, I understand that for type 2 they will continue to need oral antidiabetics.
And for type 1 "agents" that preserve the "cured" islets ... I do not know if it refers to immunosuppressants or the tests that are making vaccines for type 1 (diamid)

DiabetesForo
04/13/2010 3:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.