How do you control insulin with exercise?

superman1's profile photo   02/20/2012 11:09 a.m.

Hello good...
Well, that I can not adjust the dose when I exercise and give me lows at the time of having done the sport.I do not do sports on a regular basis, maybe I have a lot a lot and 10 days I do nothing.
Use Lantus at 00 hours and humble them in meals.Should I lower the lantus, the humalog or the 2 the day I exercise?The next day I am very fair values.
Thanks

superman1's profile photo
superman1
02/20/2012 11:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my opinion it is better not to touch anything of the basal insulins in these cases.

The muscles continue to consume glucose several hours after exercising, so you could put some food hours after exercise ... a couple of cookies, for example;provided that they should be medium or slow absorption foods and not in large quantities because otherwise you would have upload.

If you exercise in the afternoon, you could try to go down 1 Humalog unit at dinner, to see how you are ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/20/2012 12:04 p.m.

It happens to you precisely because you do it sporadically.If you did regularly you could modify insulin a bit, even lower the basal, but the best option is what Owash says, the day you exercise eat some more hydrates.

DiabetesForo
02/20/2012 12:57 p.m.

It doesn't come to mind what I've put;) Sorry

MeI's profile photo
MeI
02/20/2012 1:43 p.m.

It is simple.What happens to you varies shoras later is absolutely normal, because the muscles are asking for glucose to fill their deposits.The solution is to lower the insulin Bolus of immediately posterior food.The lantus or touching.

Another thing.That you do a "very much" day and 10 days do not scratch ball is not good.Not only for diabetes, but for your general health.I don't know how many years you are, but from "thirty -many", that modus operandi has more risks than benefits.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/21/2012 9:51 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hehe, I still have 26!
This week I started doing it regularly, aerobic with some weighing but little.
Grondullo, do you put the lantus in a puncture or in 2?
I wear a single dose at 12 at night but I always arrive high Anla Cena.The effect lasts me 18 hours I think.
All the best

superman1
02/21/2012 5:39 p.m.

Mmmm had not read about the punctures and strain with the pump haha ​​sorry.
All the best.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
02/21/2012 6:24 p.m.

Hehe, I am still 26!
This week I started doing it regularly, aerobic with some weighing but little.
Grondullo, do you put the lantus in a puncture or in 2?
I wear a single dose at 12 at night but I always arrive high Anla Cena.The effect lasts me 18 hours I think.
GREETING

I have tried everything with Lantus;To put it in the morning, noon, before dinner, when bed or unfolded in two punctures.And my personal opinion is that in a general way - except the always present exceptions - the best time is that of the night, either before bedtime or the time of dinner.

And if.It is not difficult for the last 3-4 hours prior to the puncture of Lantus, it is a little high.But at that time it is easy to counteract it thanks to a little activity.The best;sport, which is also usually done at that time.And if you can't, because it would help physical activity;Not being still.

It doesn't last 24 hours either, like almost everyone.We will wait for next year that the swallow, which is being seen, is superstable throughout its period of action.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/23/2012 10:10 a.m.

Hello, I think it is better regular aerobic exercise, always not exceeding 75% vpo.that is to say about 140 145 pulsations, for half an hour or three quarters of an hour.
Anaerobic exercise as weights I particularly do not seem recommended, because the first thing the tension goes up and then the glucose raises you instead of lowering it.
When he went to the gym before, there was one that after anaerobic exercises was insulin.
Correct if I'm wrong.Thank you.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
02/26/2012 8:07 a.m.

I do not know if this will be true, of course I personally, I doubt it, that the musculation exercises do not lower the sugar would almost accept it but that they upload it personally I doubt it.However, it is something that I would also like to know if it really is true.

I do 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of muscles and I have never had a climb, quite the opposite, it is the day that if I spend a little of the line or extend more from the account I do not have to take a juice or somethingthen.

Let's see if someone gets us out of doubt in this aspect.
All the best.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
02/26/2012 9:14 a.m.

Muscles have some capacity to store glucose (when stored I think the most correct word is glycogen), to store that glucose they need: that there is glucose in the bloodstream and (of course) insulin.

What I am going to tell does not have 100% of the people but if it happens to many: when the muscles begin to exercise that glucose that they have stored (glycogen) PQ will consume energy, exercise implies aEnergy consumption for the body, in addition to the release of that glycogen, other substances (stress hormones and blabla) are also released that also make glucose levels rise.
It is quite common for someone who exercises as soon as you start it or at the same time, notice a rise in blood glucose levels and then, when exercise ends, the muscles again fill their glucose reserves (glycogen), it is notSomething immediate but during the first hours after doing that happens, I mean that it is also quite normal to have a tendency to even have a hypoglycemia hours later.

Like many things around diabetes it is impossible to say "this is so, 100% and for everyone" but the two things are usual (beech at the beginning and posterior downturn).Surely there will be a thousand nuances with respect to this.

@Juanqui2791 What do you comment that someone after some exercises (I don't care anaerobic that of another type) was insulin, if it was someone who had diabetes it would simply be to have an injection at that time and if that is so it does not happenNothing but unfortunately that also does some people who make bodybuilding and have no diabetes.

Some of the things they do are:
- Eat small quantity but many times a day (6 or 7 times) to make the body believe that it does not have much storage capacity.I do not know if that theory will be true but this in principle does not enter anything bad, as if you eat 10 times a day.
- Have a protein rich diet to favor the formation and/or maintenance of tissues (mainly muscle).This in principle is not bad, it is precisely what they are looking for.
- Now the fog is coming: When the muscles are finished, the blood glucose (once stored - & GT; glycogen) is stored again, this process takes time (those subsequent hours commented before) to accelerate this process isFor what they use insulin, injecting quick insulin so that the muscles quickly storles blood glucose, when stored in muscles is stored as glycogen, if stored at a normal rhythm part of that glucose if it would go to muscles andIt would become glycogen (what they are looking for) but would also be stored in the rest of the body as fat (this is one of the things they try to prevent) supposedly, why is it better glycogen than fat?because among other things glycogen seems to be a faster energy exchange unit, it is released faster.

I do not care that that can sound "well" or "credible", it is a buried and as an extreme application of that buried is the case that it is not the first one that dies because they can not only do it immediately after exercising (For the "theory" commented) they also do it at meals (as if they had a complete dependence on insulin) and as all people are very "big horse, walk or not" and "more is better" because people have diedthat does things like those by insulin overdose.

It is the art of caring for the body on the outside because inside they mistreat everything they can.

DiabetesForo
02/26/2012 6:05 p.m.

I do not know if this will be true, of course I personally, I doubt it, that the musculation exercises do not lower the sugar would almost accept it but that they upload it personally I doubt it.However, it is something that I would also like to know if it really is true.

I do 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of muscles and I have never had a climb, quite the opposite, it is the day that if I spend a little of the line or extend more from the account I do not have to take a juice or somethingthen.

Let's see if someone gets us out of doubt in this aspect.
Greetings.

Anaeronic exercises generally do not produce a decrease in blood glucose, but as Juanqui says, they usually upload it, at least in the short term, since later hours that lost glycogen and the blood circulating glucose are filled again.Apart from the main problem of the muscles, which for us is that it implies a dangerous abrupt and sudden increase in internal pressure (Valsalva maneuver) that occurs when making the effort of the lifting of the weights, with the consequent danger of spill;Especially in eyes and kidneys (in addition, a diabetic per one has the walls of the most fragile vessels than a "healthy" person, so that the risk is always greater).

As for putting insulin in the gym, it is a practice that some bodybuilders do, due to the anabolic character of insulin hormone, because ultimately, and summarizing, it favors the construction of muscle mass.

As for the percentage of effort, there are two different areas in which a person with diabetes can work in training with security;the weight control or fat burning, and the aerobic work.The first implies being around 60-70% of the frec.Maximum cardiac, and the second between 70 and 80%.The first basically produces a fat burning and an increase in aerobic resistance, and the second a cardiovascular improvement and a greater capacity to provide more oxygen per minute to the cells, which in the end implies a greater capacity to make efforts without reaching theexhaustion threshold.To work in the fat burning area, it is advisable not to go down from an hour (better something else), and for the aerobic zone, about 40-45 minutes would be ideal.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/27/2012 3:23 a.m.

Anaeronic exercises generally do not produce a decrease in blood glucose, but as Juanqui says, they usually upload it, at least in the short term, since later hours that lost glycogen and the blood circulating glucose are filled again.Apart from the main problem of the muscles, which for us is that it implies a dangerous abrupt and sudden increase in internal pressure (Valsalva maneuver) that occurs when making the effort of the lifting of the weights, with the consequent danger of spill;Especially in eyes and kidneys (in addition, a diabetic per one has the walls of the most fragile vessels than a "healthy" person, so that the risk is always greater).

As for putting insulin in the gym, it is a practice that some bodybuilders do, due to the anabolic character of insulin hormone, because ultimately, and summarizing, it favors the construction of muscle mass.

As for the percentage of effort, there are two different areas in which a person with diabetes can work in training with security;the weight control or fat burning, and the aerobic work.The first implies being around 60-70% of the frec.Maximum cardiac, and the second between 70 and 80%.The first basically produces a fat burning and an increase in aerobic resistance, and the second a cardiovascular improvement and a greater capacity to provide more oxygen per minute to the cells, which in the end implies a greater capacity to make efforts without reaching theexhaustion threshold.To work in the fat burning area, it is advisable not to lower one hour (better something else), and for the aerobic area, about 40-45 minutes would be ideal."=" "> Muscles have a certain capacity to store glucose (when stored I think the most correct word is glycogen), to store that glucose they need: that there is glucose in the bloodstream and (of course) insulin.

What I am going to tell does not have 100% of the people but if it happens to many: when the muscles begin to exercise that glucose that they have stored (glycogen) PQ will consume energy, exercise implies aEnergy consumption for the body, in addition to the release of that glycogen, other substances (stress hormones and blabla) are also released that also make glucose levels rise.
It is quite common for someone who exercises as soon as you start it or at the same time, notice a rise in blood glucose levels and then, when exercise ends, the muscles again fill their glucose reserves (glycogen), it is notSomething immediate but during the first hours after doing that happens, I mean that it is also quite normal to have a tendency to even have a hypoglycemia hours later.

Like many things around diabetes it is impossible to say "this is so, 100% and for everyone" but the two things are usual (beech at the beginning and posterior downturn).Surely there will be a thousand nuances with respect to this.

@Juanqui2791 What do you comment that someone after some exercises (I don't care anaerobic that of another type) was insulin, if it was someone who had diabetes it would simply be to have an injection at that time and if that is so it does not happenNothing but unfortunately that also does some people who make bodybuilding and have no diabetes.

Some of the things they do are:
- Eat small quantity but many times a day (6 or 7 times) to make the body believe that it does not have much storage capacity.I do not know if that theory will be true but this in principle does not enter anything bad, as if you eat 10 times a day.
- Have a protein rich diet to favorFormation and/or tissue maintenance (mainly muscle).This in principle is not bad, it is precisely what they are looking for.
- Now the fog is coming: When the muscles are finished, the blood glucose (once stored - & GT; glycogen) is stored again, this process takes time (those subsequent hours commented before) to accelerate this process isFor what they use insulin, injecting quick insulin so that the muscles quickly storles blood glucose, when stored in muscles is stored as glycogen, if stored at a normal rhythm part of that glucose if it would go to muscles andIt would become glycogen (what they are looking for) but would also be stored in the rest of the body as fat (this is one of the things they try to prevent) supposedly, why is it better glycogen than fat?because among other things glycogen seems to be a faster energy exchange unit, it is released faster.

I do not care that that can sound "well" or "credible", it is a buried and as an extreme application of that buried is the case that it is not the first one that dies because they can not only do it immediately after exercising (For the "theory" commented) they also do it at meals (as if they had a complete dependence on insulin) and as all people are very "big horse, walk or not" and "more is better" because people have diedthat does things like those by insulin overdose.

It is the art of taking care of the body on the outside because inside they mistreat everything they can.

Well, you have caught me with the liberation of glycogen, I did not know any of this, despite if the reservations are emptied and re -filled, the story would be that things after a day of exercise should remain the same (subtracting what isconsume, of course).
Regarding punctual hyperglycemia, because that is not a problem if you do cardio before, moreover, if I do cardio and my glucose low, and then lite myself with weights and others, this will help me not give me hypoglycemia during exercise.And if glycogen reserves are consumed by the muscles that I have exercised during the cardiobascular the others when they have to replenish, will they pull fat in theory, right?They are all advantages xDD.If you see any bad reasoning, let me know that I make some very fat mental straw sometimes.

Regarding the risk of spilling, I believe that everything depends on how animal you are ... when I work abdominals, biceps, triceps and pectorals, which is what I do most, I try to improve my resistance training, that is, seriesLonger and greater number of lifting and no greater weight, which is what most usually does to progress quickly.I exercise to be healthy and comfortable with myself not to go to the other neighborhood in two days for having something to look.
However, I accept any opinion about it and I like that people do not match everything or can open my eyes when I'm wrong.;)
Greetings.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
02/27/2012 9:42 p.m.

Well you have caught me with the liberation of glycogen, I did not know any of this, however if the reservations are emptied and re -filled, the story would be that things that things thingsAfter an exercise day they should stay the same (subtracting what is consumed, of course).
Regarding punctual hyperglycemia, because that is not a problem if you do cardio before, moreover, if I do cardio and my glucose low, and then lite myself with weights and others, this will help me not give me hypoglycemia during exercise.And if glycogen reserves are consumed by the muscles that I have exercised during the cardiobascular the others when they have to replenish, will they pull fat in theory, right?They are all advantages xDD.If you see any bad reasoning, let me know that I make some very fat mental straw sometimes.

In theory, the ideal would be to make weights first to burn glucose and then aerobic to burn fat.But that plan does not usually go well, because we do not have the metabolism of the normalized HC, and we cannot self-regulate our glucose-insulin balance of the body.That is why I usually do the aerobic (more controllable in the consumption of HC) and then the weights, always being clear that only the first is the main exercise for me and the only one that improves my state of health (fats, ta, etc.) and my aerobic capacity (to provide oxygen to the body).The weights that they have is that they generate continued glucose consumption and as a final consequence, they raise metabolism, so that over time, you need more HC with the same amount of insulin.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/28/2012 3:21 a.m.

Gondullo said:
In theory, the ideal would be to do weights to burn glucose and then aerobic to burn fat.But that plan does not usually go well, because we do not have the metabolism of the normalized HC, and we cannot self-regulate our glucose-insulin balance of the body.That is why I usually do the aerobic (more controllable in the consumption of HC) and then the weights, always being clear that only the first is the main exercise for me and the only one that improves my state of health (fats, ta, etc.) and my aerobic capacity (to provide oxygen to the body).The weights how good they have is that they generate continued glucose consumption and as a final consequence, they raise metabolism, so that over time, you need more HC with the same amount of insulin.

I have not caught the metabolism very well, do you mean that as muscle mass develops I will consume more "gasoline"?This could be translated as a decrease in the need for insulin too, right?Which I would not go wrong because I have been neglecting for too long and my past sensitivity index from 40mg x ui at 27mg x ui ....

MeI's profile photo
MeI
02/28/2012 10:38 a.m.

That of raising the metabolism I have not caught it very well, do you mean that as the muscle mass develops more "gasoline"?This could be translated as a decrease in the need for insulin too, right?

Yeah.Musculation increases body energy consumption, but not only conjuncturally, like any other sport (to replenish), but in a way in time.In addition, the action of increased insulin sensitivity produced by exercise also collaborates in that regard.Conclusion;You can probably eat more with the same amount of insulin (all this is very variable and is very determined by a few variables related to how each person is (among others, for example their somatic type; ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/29/2012 3:59 a.m.

Take a look at this blog is from an athlete boy who knows the subject and could help you.

dannyman76's profile photo
dannyman76
03/24/2012 10:53 a.m.

Is that boy?Jijiji

superman1
03/24/2012 11:57 a.m.

Congratulations on blog David.

Your debut was the same as mine, I was 14 years old and I was in 1st B.U.P ..... Many have not known that, they are from the e.s.o.
I remember the thirst horrible, it was drinking and drinking and as if you threw the water in a bottomless cube, you did not satisfy yourself ...

Then they did not look at me the hemoglobin or if they did, I did not find out anything, now it is very different, they have had, D.G.Good luck the debutants of this era.

I remember, hahaha I debuted in February and I thought: "Let's see if I heal soon to eat ice cream in summer ..." I have spent whole summers without trying them ...

I will follow your blog, be sure.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
03/24/2012 4:54 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Dannyman, if the blog is yours clearly ...
Enter here, publish a site without contributing anything else ...:-/:-/: Shock:

DiabetesForo
03/25/2012 4:19 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.