Diabetes at school

Clio's profile photo   04/18/2010 8:36 a.m.

Hello everyone
I am ProfeThis course has already given us a couple of scares with two very strong declines that included the visits of 112.
This girl on Friday had the sugar to 256, and a partner under a little nervous to ask what to do, we decided to call her father, but that is what I want to ask here, what to do when one of our students has the high sugar? Can it be dangerous?
Thanks, Clio

Clio's profile photo
Clio
04/18/2010 8:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Clío.

Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) can be dangerous depending on the figure and the time it takes with it.
A figure like the one you tell us is, indeed, we must solve it, but it is generally enough with a simple correction with insulin.The amount of insulin to apply knows her surely.
Another thing is that the figure is higher or maintained for some time, because then it can generate ketoacidosis, which is one of the most serious complications of the diabetic.The symptoms are: gut pain, discomfort, vomiting and breath with a peculiar apple smell.

The important thing in any case is to verify that the girl is well and that she corrects with insulin.Otherwise, it is convenient to call the doctor or parents.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/18/2010 12:39 p.m.

Where do you have to sign so that the professors of my shorts are like you ????
I thought there were no vocation professors only officials but it is seen that I was wrong.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
04/18/2010 3:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.