Thanks thanks and thanks

veronica35's profile photo   04/23/2010 6:17 p.m.

Hello everyone!
A few months ago I was diagnosed with type II diabetes (my parents and maternal grandparents suffer from what genetically had many possibilities despite not suffering obesity and being something young for this type of diabetes).

The fact is that I feel fear.Fear of the future, for getting sick from the eyes or kidneys, fear for punishing insulin .. Anyway, I suppose I need time to adapt to this.My diagnosis has been unexpected and casual and maybe that's why I feel so lost.

Suddenly you are a chronic sick, not only the disease becomes part of your life but also does so for the rest of your life.

Forgive, I don't only only negative.I guess everything will happen ...

Thank you all.I love reading.You are great.I hope to be infected with your optimism.

I repeat, thank you and thanks

veronica35's profile photo
veronica35
04/23/2010 6:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Veronica.

It is normal for you to be afraid.The brave are not those who are not afraid, but those who face him.

You will see how, as you know the "enemy" you will see that it is less fierce than it seems.If you take care of yourself, your chronic disease will not be something that creates problems, but a condition without major importance.And, of course, if you take care you can avoid those complications that you fear so much.

Here you have us for what you need: doubts, fears, experiences ...

Welcome home

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/23/2010 6:34 p.m.

Thanks Alea!
I have read you in other messages from the forum and you are a real charm.

Hopefully you are right and end up accepting it.Hopefully...

For now I read you with interest and learn a lot.

I am happy that you accept me in your family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A kiss

veronica35
04/23/2010 7 p.m.

Hi Verónica, Welcome: D

I believe that the most important step is acceptance, it is not easy but it is vital to be able to live with diabetes, from there care a little ...;) and continue to make normal life, I have not stopped doingNothing I did before having diabetes ... only now I measure glucose 6 times a day and I had to learn to count carbohydrates but it is already routine in my life .....

A kiss

DiabetesForo
04/24/2010 6:33 a.m.

Hi Prado!
Thanks for your advice.Indeed, the most important thing is acceptance but that is so difficult at this time for me ..... I hope that time plays in my favor and comes to see this in the same way as you.
By the way, do you get carbohydrates ??
My endocrine has not explained that ...

A greeting.

veronica35
04/25/2010 4:25 p.m.

We are quite the ones that we have the hydrates to be able to better calculate insulin.
We do the diet for rations of hydrates.I find it easier for my daughter.

Health

DiabetesForo
04/25/2010 8:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.