Someone with a 6 -year -old boy if you use Levemir and Novorapid.

juanqui2791's profile photo   02/24/2012 3:42 p.m.

Hello, tomorrow we start with the Levemir and the Novorapid.And ask if someone with six -year -old girls use these insulins and how are you doing?In principle the pattern is 9 units of Levemir, and 2 of Novorapid, at breakfast.1 Novorapid Unit in food.and 4 of Levemir and two of Novorapid at Cena.The boy weighs 21kg and does sports.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
02/24/2012 3:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Theoretically, Levemir does not have action peaks, it starts its action when injecting it and lasts about 14-18 hours.
Compared to Lantus or NPH, Levemir has less "hypoglycemic power", with so few novorapid units it is complicated that you adjust the insulin of meals but everything is a matter of glycemia.

It may seem a little high dose of Levemir, especially that of the morning, but if the glycemia are doing well there is no reason to touch anything.

I do not know what the endocrine will have told you, but I would begin to see and if necessary, adjust the dose of lesson of the night ... against before you have insured the night glycemia better, there will be time to adjust the glycemia during the day (Except if you have hypos continuously during the morning, obviously).

Here you have a monograph about Levemir, in case you want to go a little crazy with so much data;): <!/pdf/pdflevemir/lev_monograf_05.pdf¸

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/25/2012 2:14 a.m.

Thank you, this morning we have put 8 of Levemir and two of Novorapid, before with the other insulin now at eleven in the morning he took two slices of mold bread with a bottle of L.cassey is to say in total 2.8 rations, but nowIt is with 120mg/dl and we don't know what to give it.

juanqui2791
02/25/2012 5:10 a.m.

Well, it depends, if you will exercise theoretically, it would not be necessary to give it anything, it is likely that if you eat about 14 hours I arrive with a glycemia of 80-90 more less, I do not think it lowers much more.
But of course, this is only theory ... and it is difficult for a child to be still 3 hours.

Keep in mind that almost anything that eats (with hydrates, obviously) will raise glycemia enough but you put the consequent dose of ultra -graph.
What you gave him before (2.8 rations) could raise a minimum of 100-150 glycemia

2 Maria cookies can climb, more or less, about 40-50 of blood glucose ... maybe, if he is at a quiet house playing with that he is already worth it to reach food without hiccups and without crazy hyperglycemia.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/25/2012 5:36 a.m.

Owash explained it to you very well.It is a luck that is weekend, so you can do some intermediate control and see if the basal is more or less tight.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2012 5:56 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi, I'm New, Christ's mother diagnosed with diabetes 1 in 2007

carmenfp's profile photo
carmenfp
02/28/2012 10:10 a.m.

Hi, do you use novorapid and less?

juanqui2791
02/28/2012 10:26 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.