{'en': 'Dexcom sensor record!... but...', 'es': 'Record de sensor Dexcom! ... pero...'} Image

Dexcom sensor record!... but...

tica's profile photo   02/24/2012 4:38 p.m.

Hello!!!

I have been a Dexcom sensor for 20 days and still runs wonderfully (without differences with the first week) but the area has begun to chop.

She is not exaggerated, and I don't feel pain but I don't know if it's a buried to take so many days nailed.

But on the other hand it makes me a shame to take it off ... how good it goes !!!

Has anyone had a sensor for so long?

Greetings.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/24/2012 4:38 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica, I have left my son for the same sensor for 12 days, and it already seems to me a barbarity.If I pike it, more than anything because when my son has told me he had infected him, with the sensor he has never happened to us but with the catheter yes.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/24/2012 6:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

This happens to me to talk ... Today the sensor has died: ((: ((I didn't have infection or anything ...
Looking online I have found an American forum where a person takes it 35 days !!!!: Shock :: Shock:

tica's profile photo
tica
02/25/2012 1:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

JOER What a coincidence !!I carry the sensor 25 days too and work Decmavilla, it is the first time that it lasts so well working so well.I have even run 2 races with him and great !!I also have that ethical itching, other times I have had it, I have excessively sensitive skin and the tape, it makes me a kind of allergy ... :( but well everything could not be perfect. By the way because of this "allergy" I decidedTry the sensor in other sites of my body, I tried gluteo and great !!
Thank you.

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
02/26/2012 12:37 p.m.

This is the first time I put it on my arm.The gut begins to be a little dusty and I have decided to rest a year of a bomb and continuous meter.
The arm that is a good area, because I do not know so much and, at least in my case, I do not turn so much when I do sports.I think many sensors have failed me because I get a little detached.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/26/2012 4:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I have never taken it in my arm, but it would be more annoying and now that the good weather came, ...

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
02/27/2012 12:07 p.m.

Well I will proceed to remove the sensor that placed on 1/2/2012.I mean 1 month !!And not scheme does not work, scheme these 2 or 3 days the figures are sometimes not how reliable they would have to be, so I think it has already fulfilled.Hopefully everyone was like this !!!

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/02/2012 2:31 p.m.

<BLOCKQUOTE EPIC2008 "" = "" REL = "I mean 1 month !!And not scheme does not work, scheme these 2 or 3 days the figures are sometimes not how reliable they would have to be, so I think it has already fulfilled.Hopefully everyone was like this !!!

It is a sensation or the life times of the Dexcom sensor - despite being officially the same type of sensor with the same technology - they are gradually lengthening as the years go by?I suppose that progressive increase in useful life will be the result of technical improvements in the elaboration of the sensors, but in any case, it is good news, although the problem of the irritation that produces in certain people a subcutaneous catheter is still limited to the24 hours a day for 3 or 4 weeks at the same point.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/05/2012 12:17 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.