Hypoglycemia

cunchido's profile photo   04/28/2010 8:05 a.m.

Hello good afternoon, my mother has been diabetic for several years, lately they are giving him enough hypoglycemia especially at night, the fact is that when they give her she gets up disoriented and in a bad mood and does not realize what is happening to her,I tell him that he eats something that is low and refuses flatly reaching the point even having to force her almost by force to eat to recover, and when he recovers he barely remembers those that has happened to him.I wanted to know what I can do in these cases, I have thought about buying glucose injections, but I would like it to be controlled since he lives alone.thank you so much.

cunchido's profile photo
cunchido
04/28/2010 8:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, cunchido.

You do not tell us what treatment your mother takes, although, if they give her hypoglycemia, it must be putting insulin, right?
I suppose it will be plenty of insulin and hence hypoglycemia.
The way to find out is to make glucose controls at that time.

On the other hand, do not miss your attitude.With hypoglycemia, the brain runs out of "gasoline" and does not work well.In addition, eating is not what is most quickly recovering, but drinking water with sugar, or juice, which is absorbed faster.

As for the injections, it is convenient to have a glucagon house, but it must be another person who puts it on, because it is indicated for when there is loss of knowledge and you should not try to give anything through mouth, by danger of drowning.

Tell us what treatment and we can guide you better.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/28/2010 8:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.