27 glycemia not being diabetic

paula's profile photo   05/01/2010 3:31 p.m.

Hello, I am Paula, some of you know me from the forum because I have been an insulin bomb for recently.I am writing to you because I has at 6:30 in the morning my husband (which is not diabetic) has found it very badly, and as he explained to me he has identified the symptoms that I have always described when I have had a hypoglycemia andTest with my device was 27mg!: Shock :: Shock :: Shock: We have been running to the emergency room and there have been done several tests, including capillary blood glucose every hour, the emergency doctor has discharged him voluntarily because of my husband who said he was better, but he has told him that at home the glucose be taken every x time and has sent the endocrine to study his case.I have been asked that if he had manipulated insulin, but it has not been so, since I am the one who recourse the plunger, etc.He sometimes puts it behind, but yesterday he didn't put it on me.If someone could give me an explanation I would appreciate it.:-/

paula's profile photo
paula
05/01/2010 3:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is probably reactive hypoglycemia, it can be given after meals with abundant carbohydrates ... hours later there is an excess of insulin production for the amount of blood glucose at that time ... Sometimes it has been used as a predictor of a diabetesType 2

Other possibilities:
- That your husband has been operated as a stomach and the absorption is very fast
- Excess insulin production (hyperinsulinism)
- Punctual liver malfunction ... It is rare that the liver has not segregated glucagon to counteract the loss of sugar
- I have read cases of hypoglycemia in people who had ingested alcohol and did not eat carbohydrates in hours before, even with moderate amounts of alcohol.
- Several dozen more possibilities: D

In any case, that they derive quickly to an endocrine and study the subject.
Courage and that is nothing.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/01/2010 4:44 p.m.

Thank you very much for your answer, Owash.Among the possibilities you give, I add more that of the liver, since my husband has diagnosed fatty liver and has hypercholesterolemia.On Monday he will go to the doctor to refer to the endocrine.Hopefully it is nothing.All the best.

paula's profile photo
paula
05/02/2010 5:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.