I would like to know:

Borgia's profile photo   03/01/2012 9:14 a.m.

To the group:
As I will be away from home, and I must take insulin with me, I would like to know:

a) What amount of dose can be obtained from a preloaded pen only
Inject 23 units and the prospect (5 feathers of 3ml) speaks of 100 units (???);

b) How many days the pen can remain out of the refrigerator before it loses its effectiveness and should discard it?

Thanks and Salu2

Pedrol

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
03/01/2012 9:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If I am not mistaken every 3ML pen are 300 units.
The pen can be out of the refrigerator more or less, always and when it is not exposed to excessive heat that is not the case now.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/01/2012 10:13 a.m.

Thanks Prado for the data.

Now I will travel calmer.

Salu2.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
03/02/2012 3:58 a.m.

Clarify a question, they told me that the feathers, just like insulin in bottle, always keep it in the refrigerator, once you start using it, so it can be left out for a month.It's right?

Thanks and greetings.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
03/02/2012 10:53 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

.... Ayyyyy I have not used the feathers that I already doubt, but I think I remember that the feathers we are using must be out of the refrigerator, the rest always in fridge .....: Mrgreen: that they correct me if I'm wrongBy FA ....: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
03/02/2012 11:12 a.m.

As Prado says, I have read it too.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
03/03/2012 4:51 a.m.

.... AYYYYY I have not used the feathers that I already doubt, but I think I remember that the feathers we are using must be outside the refrigerator, the rest always in fridge.....: Mrgreen: They correct me if I am wrong about FA ....: Mrgreen:
>
A basic rule, before using in fridge.After the first use, it is not necessary (although it is advisable that whenever they can be in the fridge).

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
03/03/2012 10:51 a.m.

Because according to the prospect in the case of Lantus:

feathers without using.Package touch the freezing compartment or cold accumulators directly.
Before the first use, the pen must be maintained at room temperature for 1 or 2 hours.

Period of validity for feathers in use: The product can be kept for a maximum of 4 weeks at a temperature not exceeding 25ºC. feathers in use should not be kept in fridge. Validity period after the first use of the cartridge: The product can be kept for a maximum of 4 weeks at a temperature not exceeding 25ºC .The pen with a cartridge inside should not be kept in a fridge. Lantus 100 units/ml Injectable solution is a vial: closed/vials unused: two years.Ade/vials in use: period of validity after the first opening of the road:The product can be kept for a maximum of 4 weeks at a temperature not exceeding 25ºC.Keep in the outer packaging.It is recommended to write down the date of the first extraction of the road.

DiabetesForo
03/04/2012 2:16 a.m.

You are right Owash.
In the prospect it is written.
I had looked at it, but ................ above.It is so long and with such small lyrics ..............

Thanks and Salu2.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
03/04/2012 4:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.