Infusion error

Ana82's profile photo   03/01/2012 9:15 a.m.

Of the last 3 times that I have made the change of the infusion team and the reservoir, 2 has given me an infusion error by putting the bolus of the next meal.
I have changed it after breakfast and at eating if I had to put a bolus of 7 units (for example) at 2, 45 units, the pump and "infusion error" ....... I disconnect, bait and I see that the catheter leaves drops ......... I connect again I put the bolus that I lacked again and at 2.80 units again infusion error .............. I had to remove the cannula (what is stuck) -------- & GT;When I remove it I see the cannula in perfect condition (at least it was not apparently crooked or folded).
Today the same thing has happened to me again.
Do you know why this happens?
Thank you so much :)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/01/2012 9:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It has only happened to me once and it was because the cannula was folded, I had placed it very close to bone and folded ....... even if you do not get folded the cannula it is possible that you would place it in an area ofBad absorption ... whenever you had in the same area?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/01/2012 10:19 a.m.

No, the truth is that no.
The 1st time was in one place and today in another.
I have measured 2 hours later and had 547: o
I have corrected myself and at the time I have 427 (it seems that it goes down but I do not know if this infusion set will also be bad) or that the corrections with bomb take longer in which I return to normal .........

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/01/2012 11:36 a.m.

It is that getting out of those figures costs more, but I would correct myself with pen and change the catheter again.

DiabetesForo
03/01/2012 11:38 a.m.

Only the catheter or also the sticker with the cannula?

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/01/2012 11:48 a.m.

Everything, because I understand that the cable comes out insulin, right?In that case, what should be wrong is the cannula you have inserted in the body

DiabetesForo
03/01/2012 11:52 a.m.

Ok me.
Thanks a lot :)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/01/2012 11:54 a.m.

I have measured again (now 2 hours later) and I already have 216 so I think everything works well and that the problem was that when putting the bolus of the food there was actually no infusion even if I gave me the error when I was wearingalready 3 units .......
For next time I know what to do, so thank you very much again meadow !!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/01/2012 12:04 p.m.

It happens to me continuously, we go to those who are very thin ... The ideal is that you try the oblique cannula than if it does not bother you is a good solution to your problem.I have tried and I notice it continuously ... I also left me a lot of wound, I returned to the 6mm line but lately not only fails in buttocks, now also in the gut ... it is desperate.

nat's profile photo
nat
10/25/2012 11:31 a.m.

When we started with the pump, we put the catheter in the gut, but the infusion error was continuous and the worst that sometimes the cannula was out.
This improved with changing the place of placement to the rear (where the back loses its name), but lately we have problems again.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
11/05/2012 4:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.