Desperate

Chikitina36's profile photo   05/09/2010 5:55 p.m.

Hello, they entered me in December and I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, I've been with this and I am desperate and lost.
Before entering, I had been feeling bad for some time, my eyes were clouded, I was very tired, I thought I had anxiety crisis, I had palpitations, tremors, dizziness .... I had anemia and weeks before the bronchitis admission.
I was admitted 15 days, every Christmas, my treatment when leaving was Lantus in the morning 16 and apidra at meals.I had a few weeks of many hypoglycemia, they suspended my insulin quickly and they told me that I was sure that I was in the "honeymoon", but it lasted very little.They put me lantus with 2 metformin pills 850 a day, I had no bad controls but the endocrine confirmed the type 1 diagnosis and I retire the metformin.
My controls in the next 2 weeks were horrible, I reached up to 480. I have not yet achieved anything or control my blood glucose.Now I am in "stage" of descent, every day I have some hypoglycemia.I have a fixed guideline, 10 of Lantus, and 4-4-4 Apidra in meals.But just as I have drops some control is still shooting up to 300.
I do not know how to calculate what I do not get the sugar.The doctor has told me that I have had a very high time without diagnosing because when my blood glucose is about 90 I physically have low symptoms, he tells me that it will be happening to me.
I have always eaten very little and jumping meals, now I started eating more times and more, sometimes without desire, but out of fear.I also have to add the times that I have to take something for hypoglycemia, so I have also fattened a little, it is not that it is very fat but either thin and I have always worried me much to gain weight and it has made me feel a little bad to have some have somekilos more.
I am desperate, I do 10 controls a day, the fingers or feel them.I am tired, as if I was beating.I don't know how to calculate or vary insulin, they tell me that I need time and patience.My blood glucose is like a roller coaster.Sometimes I die of thirst, in the last analysis my diuresis was 5 liters and my glycosilada of 8.3.I have also been told that I cannot exercise until I stabilize, becauseI think that as much of the kilos I will have.
I'm fed up, depressed, lost.I don't know what to do. I need help and guidance.
Thank you very much to everyone.

Chikitina36's profile photo
Chikitina36
05/09/2010 5:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, chikitina.

First of all, I want you to know that you have reached a place where we all know how you feel and where you are happening.
And the second is to tell you that of this bad dream you will wake up, do not hesitate.It is not that you are going to cure, that today there is no cure, but you are going to dominate your diabetes, you will feel good and you will live doing what you want, like the others.

I think you urgently need a good diabetological education.I don't know if you live you have a diabetes educator.Tell us in which hospital they take you and we can help you better.

I spend a link to a great page that all of us serves as a guide and consultation:

My first recommendation is to write down everything: glycemia, food rations (it would be good if you learned to eat telling the portions of hydrates), insulin dose and anything that can influence you (fever, exercise, rule, etc.)

If you want, you can put that data here and we will try to guide yourself, although we do not intend to replace the doctor.We know that at the beginning it is difficult and that visits to the endocrine are too short and spaced to ask everything.

Fixed guidelines do not give good results.Surely he has put it until you know how to handle you.That is why it is essential that you learn how your body works and thus be able to manage insulin doses depending on your needs.

Ask what you want without any fear, and we will help you.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/09/2010 7:25 p.m.

Hello!What time do you put the Lantus?How do you get up?If the Lantus gets at night, you can give hypos the first hours of the night or hyper in the late afternoon (it may not last 24 hours).That is why it is usually better to put it in the morning.
If the hypers are after meals, you will need faster.Little by little you will learn, patiently.
A hug.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/09/2010 8:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, it is true that you have to be patient, this is not learned in one day. But it is not difficult, just a matter of practice.
As for feeling low to 90 it also happened to me when I was a long time.
Greetings and encouragement ¡¡¡¡¡

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
05/10/2010 1:04 p.m.

Hello, do not despair, little by little you will be controlling, do not worry about the pk weight at the time k you put yourself with the rations of hydrates, vegetables and others will see how you do not catch kilos. If it helps you, the symptoms for the symptoms forKnowing if it is hiccups, for example I fall asleep my hands and get tingling, in addition to the common symptoms. The lack of control will see it if you get sick.It is an accurate warning. My endocrine I told me to put me lantus in the morning and I avoid hypoglycemia. If you can visit an educator K will help you very much.

DiabetesForo
05/11/2010 4:08 p.m.

The recommendation for you to visit a good educator nurse is the best ....... you need, information and support .... This is very strange than ...
Courage that always comes out of the quagmire.

DiabetesForo
05/11/2010 4:11 p.m.

If it serves you, it rations the hydrates, if you eat a normal pasta dish, do not eat bread.
Eat a normal salad, your hydrates and a fruit.As the hydrates take time to climb do not wear a lot of novorapid, and at two hours you get a test.
I also have a brother with diabetes and several friends, and we all do the same
I hope will help you.BSS

DiabetesForo
05/11/2010 4:17 p.m.

Hello, thank you all for your advice.
They take me at the Gregorio Marañón hospital in Madrid, Endo has not explained anything only to return to 4 months.Regarding the educator, I was 2 days and stopped going because I was only shouted and told me that everything was wrong and that if I still were like that they were going to enter me again but I did not explain anything to me. In addition to everything I askedMuch life that could eat everything that for that had insulin.
Now I started visiting a new individual educator but I have only seen it once.He has taught me to click on because when putting the insulin made me blood, it hurt, they came out cardinals, now that does not happen to me anymore.He has told me that I point in a notebook everything that as and the quantity but up to 15 days I do not see it again and that learning is slow.But I am a little more animated reading your messages and at least with this educator it seems that he will help me.
I put the Lantus at 9.30 in the morning, now I am getting up around 140-160.
The Apidra puts myself 4-4-4.This week I am a little low in general, arriving very just at meals and with some hypoglycemia in the afternoon.
The endocrine has proposed to me the change of the Lantus at night but it is a little afraid of the nocturnal hypos.
Thank you so much.

Chikitina36
05/11/2010 7:57 p.m.

Chikitina,
I debut a fair month ago, on April 11, you have done well to change the educator, with mine I am very happy in the SS, I was lucky and I have not had to go to a payment.I am with novorapid, now I am with fixed doses, because I do not control to go changing, I am afraid to do it wrong and give mySleep I make refreshment of 2 skimmed natural yogurts, and very well
I'm glad to see you so lively, little by little we will do things better, everything takes time
Muxussssssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/12/2010 6:13 a.m.

Hello, chikitina36,

I understand your despair.As far as diet is concerned, it is now recommended to suspend all white flours, sugar and pasta.

Then add many vegetables, and even fruits (yes, even if they are sweet), preferably strawberries, kiwi, blackberries, citrus.
It also ensures legumes: beans (beans, beans), peas, chickpeas and lentils.

Minimize products of animal origin that have polysaturated fats.

And this if zero, I recommend you eliminate trans fats.(In the labels they come as hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats)

I hope the advice is used!

partially taken from: articles for diabetes

Suggestion: a very good recipe book: healthy recipes
(Some recipes are free, others just for members, but likewise, you can see the ingredients even if you are not a member;).This site is from Mexico, if you are not familiar with the names, you can look for them on Wikipedia)

picus's profile photo
picus
05/25/2010 3 p.m.

Picus, I disagree with you in suppressing flours and pasta.The sugar better reserve it for hypoglycemia, but the pasta, just like legumes and that flours (bread, etc.) is highly healthy if adequate insulin is administered.

Similarly, fruits are healthy, but always controlling the amounts of hydrates and managing insulin.

As for animal fats, there are little beneficial (those from farm pigs, veal, lamb, etc) and there are very beneficial (those of fish in general and that of Iberian pork)
Similarly, there are vegetable fats (oils) that are harmful (coconut, palm, palmiste, etc.) and beneficial (olive
Not everything animal is bad or everything vegetable is good.
I do agree on the "trans" fats.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/25/2010 4:16 p.m.

Quiet, do not despair, at first everything seems very complicated.But you learn quickly, and you will lead a completely normal life, you will go out, you will do, you will eat wherever you want ........ and everything with great control.

Do not try to do it tomorrow .... it costs a little, but it is achieved.

My advice: always eat the same amount of hydrates, and of the same type.In this way you have a part of the controlled balance, and so you can adjust the insulin correctly and safely.Then you will be able to vary the amount of hydrates ingested, and vary the insulin.

Greetings, and welcome.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/21/2010 4:50 a.m.

Hello everyone, I have been a little disconnected and I have not entered, but I am totally uncontrolled.I am not regulated by glucose.I am with 8 Lantus units and a pattern of 3-5-4 Apidra.I was a little more controlled but a week ago that I have reincorporated to work and they told me that I was going to lower my glucose for having more activity and it is the other way around I am working in the morning with an average of 350, I think it is the level of stress, I have changed my job, colleagues and the truth is that I am unbearable adaptation and both emotional and metabolic lack of control.
Then I am very linked, I hear that I cannot take pasta, flours ... however, the doctor tells me that I have to drink carbohydrates, that I cannot do without them.
I don't know what to do, I don't know what I can eat and not.I cannot do any exercise because I am decompensated, I am very tired, I do not stop drinking water, go to the bathroom, I can practically only do the job and at home I will be thrown all the time.
I am in a continuous state of anguish, sometimes I cannot eat and I think it is anxiety.To take a decline, because I think that my "normal life" will never be regulated.I have tried to make my boss return to a place similar to the one I had before but I don't know if he presented a note from the endocrine and psychiatrist I can do a little more strength because he has practically not listened to me and so everything is insufferable, work, work, diabetes, meals, controls ..... I am discouraged, and sad, tired .....
All the best

Chikitina36
06/23/2010 8 a.m.

Well, peace and calm as our friend Alea would say.
1º Have you looked at the ketone bodies?You can check if you have with the blood cetones of the Opium meter, or with acetone strips in urine.If there is acetone, the first thing is to eliminate it and of course what is clear is that it is missing.How are your values ​​before the food and then, because depending on it you will have to think about increasing the basal or the units you get to eat.Of course, everything under the supervision of your doctor.
2nd As your endo tells you, you should not suppress carbohydrates.You just have to learn to know how to raise you a ration of HC, s.I think they had a table of rations, if not, I look for it and I pass it to you.Having patience is important, because the results are not immediate.
3rd you will get it.We all get it, now you are tired because those figures tired, physically and psychologically, but what happens to you can be solved.In case it serves as comfort, the stress rises sugar, at least in our case.
Much encouragement and it has us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/23/2010 8:19 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

1º Have you looked at the ketone bodies?You can check if you have with the blood cetones of the Opium meter, or with acetone strips in urine.If there is acetone, the first thing is to eliminate it and of course what is clear is that it is missing.How are your values ​​before the food and then, because depending on it you will have to think about increasing the basal or the units you get to eat.Of course, everything under the supervision of your doctor.
2nd As your endo tells you, you should not suppress carbohydrates.You just have to learn to know how to raise you a ration of HC, s.I think they had a table of rations, if not, I look for it and I pass it to you.Having patience is important, because the results are not immediate.
3rd you will get it.We all get it, now you are tired because those figures tired, physically and psychologically, but what happens to you can be solved.In case it serves as comfort, the stress rises sugar, at least in our case.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/23/2010 8:19 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/23/2010 8:22 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Let's see, chikitina, with those figures maintained it is normal for you to find yourself fatal.
Pay attention to Velia and look at the ketone bodies.
And I totally agree that you lack insulin and that you have to urgently rise the doses.Go to Endo or the hospital for emergencies and have the treatment readjus.Ask for an appointment with an educator, to explain the subject of hydrates well and teach you to handle.
As soon as you set the doses, you will find yourself better, much better.
And don't let him eat hydrates.
Health

DiabetesForo
06/23/2010 8:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.