New in the forum

David's profile photo   05/27/2010 7:15 p.m.

Very good to everyone !!!My name is David, I am from Córdoba and I am 23 years old, 5th Law Study and I am Type 1 diabetic since the age of 6.Well, despite my youth, I am a diabetic from a very young age and I have already gone through many generations of insulin: those mythical and classic insulin syringes (whose brand I do not remember XD), going through the NPH and the rapid of Lilly, until you reachTo the current Lantus and Apidra, and having been a user of the exubera inhaled until they stopped manufacturing it, distributing it, which made me return to the Lantus and Apidra Solostar, which are the ones I currently use and as I always have been doing: a puncture forThe night of Lantus, and three of Apidra: one before each meal (excluding snack, which I do not take it xD).Well, my glycemic levels have always been controlled more or less, thanks especially that since childhood the family collaboration was essential to make me see what I had and be aware of how to get it better on a day -to -day basis, although this year this yearI have had my first scare in a long time: once again I have had hypoglycemia, but this time, by mistake, I spent the dose of fast insulin before dinner and put on myself, instead of the 5 that corresponded to me, some some20 units (I think they were) and the result is what everyone supposes: horse hypoglycemia that made me fall round unconscious.Luckily my mother was there and could inject glucagon in time, that if I don't know what had happened xD.After the years I have been living with it, I see it as normal.Diabetes involves a certain systematic one that must be followed daily, an exhaustive control to be healthy and within the levels, but also wants one than, it makes you more responsible, more methodical in everything. More first years were of a stage in thethat I did not know very well what "that" that happened to me (I was 6 when I was diagnosed) and I also remember that, in a rebel plan, I got angry with myself many times, I did not eat, or did not want to inject my insulin.Over the years the thing has changed, since I carry it as something natural, and it has not been a problem for me, since the fundamental thing is to assume what one has, and act consequently.And luckily I have tried and managed to lead a normal life, without depriving myself of parties (yes, controlling the intakes a lot) and trying to do as any other non -diabetic person would do.From here, encourage all diabetics, and above all the first -time, that this is something very normal today and that with control and strength of willing is carried out without problems.In conclusion, I want to put some wise words from my endocrine: "Life demands some more than others to get the same, so you should never throw in the towel and you will lead a healthy and without problems life, as if you did not have diabetes, coming, comingI almost forget that you have it. "Greetings !!!

David's profile photo
David
05/27/2010 7:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome ...: d
Surely with your experience you can contribute a lot to everyone, that is what it is about learning day by day with the experience of others.

A kiss

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2010 5:43 a.m.

Hi David, I found your presentation very interesting, glad to see that there are people in your very situation and they are able to take it so naturally.I also started very little, I was 3 years old ... And although even adolescence I did not affectionate much in my life and relationships, when my friends began to leave, I was very alone, because I was very bad to see people drink and drink people andknowing that I should not.Then change tactics and start drinking, until one night I am very scared of the hypoglycemia that I had and that I do not stop returning to leave it definitely.all the best!!!

tica's profile photo
tica
05/28/2010 8:31 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Welcome to the club, David.
Give Glory to see people like you, young, experienced, who knows how to take care and, at the same time, enjoy life.
An example, yes sir.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2010 10:53 a.m.

I really like what you have written.If we lived close to my daughter, but we are at the other end of the map :?
Welcome: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/28/2010 11:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the David forum!
What a whole, and that you have taken everything, often merit being so young, you are a good example for the new ones like me, that reading this we encourage ourselves more, and the day to day we will take it better, I enter the forum and it makes memuch good with reading
MUXUSSSSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/28/2010 6:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.