{'en': 'Infections and glucometer', 'es': 'Infecciones y glucometro'} Image

Infections and glucometer

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/30/2010 9:14 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt that does not let me sleep, I suppose that some of you will have already had it and I can answer me.

A while ago I asked my endocrine if it is possible to contract diseases such as AIDS Hepatitis etc through the punctures of the fingers to do the glucose tests.He told me not since the wounds of the fingers healing immediately.

Well, my question is, this week my nurse, because I have fired levels, I wantedHis to compare values. Why do I have to do the tests with the 2 before meals.

I am worried about this because I don't know who has used this glucometer before me, and I am afraid that the person who uses it can have an infective of something.

It is true that each medication is done with a new strip and with dissitious lancets, but perhaps because of my part, I am afraid that in the machine itself there have been remains of blood that can infect me something to me when I measure my glucose.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/30/2010 9:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello star:

I think your doubt is very logical, both diseases are infected with blood and blood, you do well to ask.If you use your lancetas with the two glucometers arranged, the glycometer borrows hits a cleaning with gloves using alcohol.

A kiss 8)

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
05/30/2010 9:40 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

I am also very apprehensive, but I do not reach that extreme, although when I go to the dentist you always go through my head ....You are quieter, put on a glove with your hand that you touch the glucometer.But you can't be so hypochondriac because then we couldn't touch anything ..:-/

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/30/2010 10:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Although the AIDS seems lies, it is very hardly compared to other viruses, contact with the air eliminates it completely in a matter of a few minutes.And you will say, and the drug addicts as it is infected so often?Because they share the syringe immediately.
Anyway they have already given you the best advice, use your own lancetas and clean the interior.Be careful, you don't pass that you could spoil the device.;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/23/2010 12:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.