Night hypoglycemia

Bylma's profile photo   06/07/2010 6:54 p.m.

Let's see I have been hypos, especially in the mornings and the doctor has already told me to lower the breakfast.
But I have the doubt of the nocturnal hypos!Have you ever had any?Have you noticed it?
The maximum I have had is to get up with 51mg/dl pro has been a coincidence to wake up and look at me for breakfast.
I am really afraid to have a night hyopo and not notice, one of the educators has told me that if I notice them, I will notice them at night but I do not know ... any experience?
Thanks

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
06/07/2010 6:54 p.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

I have not had any, but the days that I am going to get under breakfast, I wake up without alarm clock.And that is usually nothing serious 70-85.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/08/2010 3:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have had, a few and I have always woken up but they also scare me a lot.Very important to avoid them is always to go to sleep and eat something if we are too fair.If you get up, it often adjusts slow insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/08/2010 4:24 a.m.

Hello everyone, well I have had enough, many times even measuring me before going to sleep and with values ​​around 170, I know that night comes hip, simply because it costs me a lot to take the dream, and in the middle of the nightI wake up suddenly and go like a direct zombie to the kitchen to see what I pillo.Other times when he is giving me I usually dream that I am eating a lot of sweet, I wake up suddenly and of course, hypo the song !!!Well, I don't know if I'm a weirdo, but it's what I usually experience in my nocturnal hypos !!!!!!

xiquillo71's profile photo
xiquillo71
06/09/2010 4:23 a.m.

You could, to adjust the basal insulin (Lantus) well, measure yourself at midnight (around 2 or 3), for a few days.So you can see with what values ​​you are ... and of course what Prado says, before sleeping and if it is necessary to take any hydrate to endure.You will also have to take into account the activity you have had in the previous hours, since intense exercise or inactivity directly affect glutemia.
The lowering of the apidá will be whether the hypoglycemia have them of "pos" (2 hours after breakfast), because if they are "pre" what you should adjust is the basal.
I can't talk about my daughter because I measure it 1 or 2 times at night, but my husband does notice, she begins to hurt her head, that means fixed downturn.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/09/2010 6 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello bylma.
I almost assured you that you notice, I have released this week, I woke up at midnight sweating to jetGlass of milk with cookies and sleep like a liron :))
Since the subject has emerged asks you another question, how much you are more or less in the post to take some hydrate before sleeping, at 80.90 ...
Thank you!!

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
06/09/2010 11:33 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaaaa, good
Cakemgia, when I started sometimes I used toNight now I arrive at more than 100 and even 150, I take a yogurt with 2 cookies and sleep like a liron, I have not had any night hypo, and from day because at first one, which reaches 54
I have a panico to the night hypos, and although the post after dinner this high I take my yogurt with a couple of cookies, I do not want to think that I give my hico and I do not find out, more than anything because my husband works as nightsSOMETIMES
ALL THE BEST
ANN

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/09/2010 5:40 p.m.

Hi Cakemgia.
Very stable you have to be at night to go to bed calmly with figures of 80-90, I of course do not hurry so much ... in our case, it is true that it is a girl, a more or less safe value is 150, and alwaysTaking into account the fats you have taken at dinner, the HC, S slow, and the exercise you have practiced in the day.
But as in everything, everyone is a world.If I tell you about my husband a good figure to go to bed is 120-130, in normal situations .... due to their stability, few shocks gives us that figure.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/10/2010 4:38 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

The supplement of the night always takes it ??Before sleeping ??
If I see that I am in 100-150 I skip it!I do not know ... I have the feeling of being all day eating Hc for not going down: S although I suppose it is not?
Today I finalHC to tell them and control the amounts of insulin escapes and overwhelms me: S I wanttb well a desert: s

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
06/10/2010 4:56 a.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

Helloaaa,
Byma, I do, but it is for fear, as I am starting, I imagine that over time fear will leave, or send, and the same depending on the values ​​before sleeping, because I will not have to take the right
Muxussssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/10/2010 5:36 a.m.

Thanks for the advice;)

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
06/10/2010 9:18 a.m.

My daughter less than a month ago that was diagnosed, and we have panic to a nocturnal hypo, in case we do not realize ....... I have been lying with her the 10 days after the hospital's discharge ......If when bedtime it is below 150 a glass of milk is taken.What can happen if we suffer and do not realize?Or will we realize?

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/29/2015 4:20 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

sprinkle said:
my daughter less than a month ago that was diagnosed, and we have panic to a nocturnal hypo, in case we do not realize ....... I have been lying withShe the 10 days after the hospital discharge ...... If at bedtime it is below 150 a glass of milk is taken.What can happen if we suffer and do not realize?Or will we realize?

I think that having started now with diabetes, he will realize.I have been 15 years and I realize why I wake up uneasy.Another thing is that if many hypos are suffered in the end you can end up having inadvertent hypos and there begins the danger.

That someone corrects me if I am wrong because it is not my case to have many hypos at night and even less inadvertent

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/29/2015 5:45 p.m.

Hi Rocio my daughter has 12 and a year ago that I diagnosed the average at 12-3-6 am before having the bomb.Now the bomb is measured before bedI had a hypo at midnight.And regarding whether you will realize I tell you that if because they are resent, they are very sensitive or at least the time begins to tremble and is not yet in hiccups (70).I hope it serves something the information and a lot of patience

Luzosorio's profile photo
Luzosorio
06/29/2015 5:53 p.m.

Well, a month ago I told you about the theme of night hypos, because tonight has had its first.
He lay on eleven with 213, I still don't know why, in two months that we have been with this, he has only had those values ​​when sleeping a couple of days, but the next day he got up on 90. Well, he lay down withoutTake your glass of milk for being on top of 150, and at 1 a.m.Time 135 and a cookie and has risen with 91. He has given me a terrible fear, but hey, at the same time, some peace of mind knowing that they are sleeping ... at least for the moment.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/31/2015 10:35 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Rocío, if with Lantus he lowers a lot putting it at night, put it in the morning or at noon.
For my daughter it was the only way to sleep quietly.If you wake up high you can raise the dose.
If there is no effect of dawn, it is better not to put it at night, because the first hours of Lantus are the most active and, the latter, the least.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2015 3:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.