They study the effectiveness of an artificial pancreas with patients

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/10/2010 7:52 a.m.

Link ... 12641.html

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 7:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The artificial pancreas or automatic insulin infusion control system is "the ideal solution for the normalization of glucose level in type 1 diabetic patients."

Look that ignorance is daring ... There are still a few years left for that.

All contribution to research is good ...

I hope that at the end of the month I can provide more information about this work.

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 11:57 a.m.

This research is that of the Clinical Hospital, Ampudia, right?
I agree with Owash: All research is good and is still missing.
Health

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 1:40 p.m.

Yes, there is still, but less and less ... that I know this work/experiment looks a lot like what they want to do in Oviedo, right?And anyway along the line of what they have been experiencing with patients for a long time in Cambridge.
I have not followed this way of Cambridge for a long time, the last thing I knew is that of the different branches that most promised was that of semi -closed handle, that is, the "user" every time he ate would have to put a bolusBefore (as we do now) and then, in the basal period, it is when the intelligent part of the pump would official to maintain the desired level.The last time I talked to my endocrine we were talking about this and he agreed with me, we both seemed impossible that if we had to wait for insulin to rise after the intake to get into (autonomously) insulin we were never going to getGood levels.That it was more practical to manually put on a bonus and then let the smart part of the pump acted.In short, it seemed to us that the semi -closed handle was indeed the one that had a future.
By the way, in this of Cambridge Medtronic is fully involved, it seems to me that the one who is involved with an experienced manufacturer in bombs and meters is always useful….And the other manufacturers who squeeze, if they don't want to stay out.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
06/14/2010 5:06 a.m.

I agree with you Juan Luis, in fact I read there that the semi-grooved system was already more than ready to leave, the problem was that the American drug agency would never approve it for the danger that the user had temptationTo use it continuously: Shock: I read this in English, I frequent American forums, have their peculiarities, in fact there the paradigm see is called Revel and does not include the automatic pump stop.
I believe that for a bomb to automatically respond to the intake they would have to invent super-supidas insulins, and not only that, but insulin was directly administered to the blood flow, I am still saying a burden but I do not see theway that without including the number of grams of hydrates or any indication a pump can respond to the intake.
Anyway, a bomb that would ensure a few nights of Normoglycemia would already be a very important achievement, imagine hemoglobins would go down to beast.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/15/2010 4:42 p.m.

I, however, I think that the biggest stumbling block for the closed handle pump is the lack of really reliable continuous meters.

On the other hand, what matters is that they see the light of a fade in time, in Oviedo, in Valencia, in Cambridge or in Sanserení del Monte.

Health

DiabetesForo
06/16/2010 8:27 a.m.

I also thought: yes, it seems easy, but how can a machine act with efficacy against variables as variable as nervousness, carbohydrate intake etc. to maintain levels between 80 and 120 always?Perhaps with an ultra -radiating insulin, which are administered very and slowly.For example, each insulin emission lowers 10 of blood glucose, and that always keeps it around 80 so that during meals, when it rises to 140 or there it time to abosrbse and maintain the levels ... I do not know,Everything is a bundle but the problem is to find an ultra -stroke insulin, although the problem would not be insulin but the maximum absorption zone even if it was inside the body ...

ManuLC92's profile photo
ManuLC92
11/18/2010 6:14 a.m.

Diffuse logic .... then will go to talk about this aspect :)) :))

Long ago we also asked if you could not put a bomb with insulin and glucose ... So if you had a descent it put glucose and if you had a climb put insulin.

DiabetesForo
11/18/2010 10:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.