HELLO QUESTION ABOUT THE WEIGHT

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/12/2010 12:01 p.m.

My mother is 69 years old and diagnosed her three months ago diabetes at the root of a foot injury that did not heal.

Can a person lose weight due to diabetes, recover it once the treatment (metformin) has started?How long does it take to recover at least approximately what I had before?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/12/2010 12:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Impossible to give you an exact answer.
Everything will depend on which meter and exercise regime your mother from now on and on her particular metabolism.
Talk to it with the endocrine to put an adequate diet and track you.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
06/12/2010 12:32 p.m.

One of the first things they usually recommend to patients with type 2 diabetes, just diagnosed, is to lose weight to improve insulin sensitivity.
First you have to see if your mother needs to recover the lost weight.

It is more important to recover 100% of the foot injury than the weight ...
Also check eyes, renal function, blood circulation in legs and correct functionality of the heart ... if your doctor has not scheduled to remember and demand it.
There is likely that there is some anomaly in the view, I hope that mightry.

With a probable neuropathy, even if it is mild, has you prescribed only metformin?:-/

If the GP, request an interconsultation with the endocrine ... although sometimes I don't know what will be worse.:?

DiabetesForo
06/12/2010 1 p.m.

Mo mother was hospitalized in the hospital when giving him Dealta, he was suspended and her sugar is regulated only with metformin (95 when incying the day and around 140 when they are afraid of the day)

They had given him a hypotensioner but his pressure was regulated when he was also suspended aspirin because he generated gastritis.

Apart from that, it is with hyperproteic dietetic regime, and diet rich in egg albumina because its albumin is low, outside of that its diet is zero in sugar and low salt.

DiabetesForo
06/12/2010 6:50 p.m.

Low albumin can indicate renal malfunction ... with wounds that take to close, high protein diets are usually recommended to favor that recovery, which in this case serves both the wound and renal function.
The egg albumina is more of the same, protein potentiation.

Difference sugar of carbohydrates ... the sugar or table, what we throw into the coffee: shock :, It must be separated and replaced by other sweeteners.equal to sugary drinks cocacola.
But it does have to eat, fruit, bread, rice, flours, milk ... in the amounts that prescribe.

DiabetesForo
06/13/2010 4:52 a.m.

I would like you to answer me sincerely, how bad news is it to have the low albumin?Well, in the hospital they didn't say that but they didn't refer us to the nephrolgo or anything like

DiabetesForo
06/15/2010 5:59 p.m.

Yes and no ... Albumin is an indicator, but it can be due to different causes (for example an infection), not exclusively to renal failure.

If they have valued and treated the cause of low albumin, they do not necessarily have to send it to the nephrologist.

DiabetesForo
06/16/2010 5:32 p.m.

thanks my friend

DiabetesForo
06/16/2010 6:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.