Diabetic Gatito - Help with material please-

mimimimi's profile photo   04/04/2012 3:01 p.m.

Hello everyone;
More than a year ago that my cat development diabetes.
After a year of veterinarians in those who almost kill him 3 times (overdose, ketoacidosis that did not treat him up to 14 hours later, new overdose and coma ...) The cat is improving a lot thanks to that we have stopped using the insulins that are usedIn Spain in cats (Lantus and Caninsulin) and we use one that we buy in England (Hypurina bovina prozinc), very similar to feline insulin.We have studied and investigated a lot to be able to treat you since you go from my city do not know.The cat is improving a lot with this insulin and with the protocol associated.
The problem is that with all the money we have thrown (or rather that we have invested only in useless veterinarians who have worsened) this last year and everything that costs us to bring refrigerated insulin from England, we no longer have how to pay the strips.We have to measure many days every 2h, and others every 4h and taking into account that every 50 strips we are left, and being in the unemploystrips (we spend a boat in 3-4 days).
They run out in a week and we can't buy more.
We cannot inject him without measuring him because there is a great risk of hypoglycemia.In addition, we could not follow the protocol (based on injecting a certain amount according to the exact level of blood glucose)
Please, if someone can send me strips or recipes or something ... I am desperate to be so close to their stabilization and have to give up for lack of money.
In other countries there are medical insurance for diabetic cats but here not and we no longer know what to do.
Please if you have plenty of strips, we have two devices: Freestyle Lite (Abott) and Glucocard Gmeter+ (Menarini).
I run with shipping spending.
Thank you very much: Oops:

mimimimi's profile photo
mimimimi
04/04/2012 3:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If we had leftover material we would give it to children to need it, not to cats.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/04/2012 7:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello colleagues.
The truth is that this issue seems super curious, a diabetic cat is impressive.
I think this post and regina's comments will bring controversies ...

I usually don't write in this type of issues but ... Regina, I totally agree with you but not the way you say it.I understand that as a affected mother your opinions are more robust in these cases but each one has their experiences and each one affects it in a way.This is a public environment and I think it has to be more affectionate in the answers. Mimimimi's post is totally correct and educated something else is that you like it or not.

After reading this forum for 2 years, the doubt of, it is a diabetes forum in general or is a diabetes forum for humans:-) ... at least out of curiosity I start looking through the network diabetes things inanimals.

Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/05/2012 7:19 a.m.

A life is a life and the opposite is specism.
I have no heart to let someone die of the species that is having it under my responsibility and love.
Therefore, I try everything I can, even if I suppose, as now, to have to deprive me until putting the heating in winter to be able to pay their doctors, insulins, syringes and strips.
The opposite would be to kill him little by little and that is cruel.
Please, if someone can help me in some way, whatever ... now I don't have to continue;For trusting people a builder has scammed all the savings and I really can't with this expense.
thank you

mimimimi's profile photo
mimimimi
04/05/2012 7:34 a.m.

I've been here for a short time in the forum, but I still have to say that if you do not show a report, or a writing by the veterinarian of
That the cat has diabetes, I think that few people believe it, I, I say so, so, personally I am missing strips
And I even have to buy my pocket I would think about,

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/05/2012 8:20 a.m.

Yes, our pets can have diabetes and know several cases of dogs with diabetes :(
Mimimimi are not the times so that about anything, rather the opposite, so you will not have a choice but to buy the strips and medications to continue taking care of your kitten ..... I understand your suffering ....
I also understand those who have felt offended by the order because there are people who have to fight a lot to give them what they need to control diabetes well :(

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/05/2012 10:02 a.m.

Curious, I did not know that other mammals could develop diabetes.

I am from Regina's opinion.I have only left over material when I have changed my medication and I prefer to take it back to the hospital where they treat me.They make an inventory and donate it to different organizations.

DiabetesForo
04/05/2012 12:53 p.m.

Cats, dogs and other mammals can develop diabetes just like humans.
I perfectly understand Mimimimi, and I know what you want to a pet.
Of course, you have to try to adapt to circumstances.
I think what they have told you is understandable.Ethically it can be doubtful that there are people with a shortage of strips and give a cat.I do not belittle the cat, record, but the strips are very expensive and I don't think anyone surpassed today.
Perhaps a good idea would be that you use glucose and ketones in urine, much cheaper and that they can get you out of trouble.
As for veterinarians, have you tried to take it to any veterinary faculty?Maybe that is the solution to your problem.There is no profit of profit, with which the consultations would be much more affordable and perhaps have means to help you with the kitten.

Good luck and you get control.

Health

DiabetesForo
04/08/2012 7:05 p.m.

Mimimi

I understand your anguish and TB I can understand the opinion of the rest.

I can only say one thing and that is when they changed me several times of basal, I, that I have always had several reserve boxes, not knowing what to do with them, I took them to a pharmacy and told them if they wanted them for some diabetic qYou will need them (unopened boxes).They told me that no, that I would throw them at the point and they did not know if someone would use them or "threw them."

I would have been delighted to give them to your kitten.If I happen again, I tell you.: D

romevila's profile photo
romevila
04/19/2012 5:42 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

And with the strips of the previous device, idem idem ...

romevila's profile photo
romevila
04/19/2012 5:43 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Hello Mimimi

I do not know if he does a lot of this post, but my cat has been discharged from his diabetes, and now I have about 200 0.3 syringes and an almost whole prozinc boat, in case you are interested.If you take care of the shipping costs I send them to you.

Marien Valero Molina's profile photo
Marien Valero Molina
03/03/2017 3:22 p.m.

It seems sad and unfortunate to your comment on a desperate post asking for help. It is not a way of saying things, the one who suffers it understands and is having a bad time. For her it is one more member of her family and a cat with diabeteswithout treating you die.
My mother's cat has diabetes and the lantus click 2 units every twelve hours because cats metabolism is faster.I laugh when we say that the cat also has diabetes. What grace right? This would have to put it in the post of "phrases that you hate more of diabetes". If we are in our hand we should not deny the tto to any living being.
The health material that you return to the hospital if it is open, it is thrown pay attention to me that I work in one. Because among other things they do not know if you have touched it with dirty hands for putting a simple example. It has to be preceded and in optimal conditions to use itAgain, it is not a bad idea to give it to animals.

beti's profile photo
beti
03/05/2017 9:15 p.m.

Mimimi by ebay we bought the strips and saved each other quite a lot about the pharmacy

beti's profile photo
beti
03/05/2017 9:17 p.m.

Why do they continue to respond to issues for more than 5 years ago ... ???:-?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/05/2017 10:44 p.m.

hahaha!!!!!Well, it's true. Vayaya Pata's Measure.

beti's profile photo
beti
03/06/2017 9:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.