Hello everyone!My name is Brian and I'm 19 years old

Brian_Escaleritas's profile photo   06/15/2010 5:29 p.m.

Hello, very good, my name is Brian, I am 19 years old and I know a few months I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and it is like who says it seems that it was Aller but almost 11 months ago and I have not yet accustomed at all to the issue of diets and toInsulin since lately I am having some peaks of between 60 and 350 I have bought the Diabetes Sidiary6that I take like milk and soft drinks I would like to participate in this forum as one more to learn something more about this disease every day and know how to control it easily since I am the only one in my family who suffers it I am open all kinds of suggestions II would like to solve some doubts and if possible I am solving and helping in everything I can.I hope to be well received and help me, thank you all.

Brian_Escaleritas's profile photo
Brian_Escaleritas
06/15/2010 5:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome, pass, get comfortable and enjoy your stay between us.

I have been diagnosed with little more than a year.My advice: maintain a diet as stable as possible at the beginning.That is, as always the same amount of hydrates in each meal, in this way you have half controlled one of the variables of this "game".

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/16/2010 3:21 a.m.

Thank you very much, the issue of hydrates I think that little by little I am controlling it more since yesterday and today only and exceeded 180 once in 7 measurements the truth is that I think it is quite well taking into account the high levels ofSugar that I am used to seeing in the apparatus hehe I hope to continue like this and go better, I would like to ask for your opinion about this I am doing 5 meals a day of which there are 2 breakfasts, a lunch, a snack and a dinner, can it affect meNegatively making so many meals for the echo of the amounts of food or positively affects me because I am more time controlling sugar levels?The problem is that if I do not make those 5 meals I am hungry and I spend it very badly and the issue of weight is not an inconvenience at least I believe that weight 70 kilos and I measure 1.83.Thanks and greetings.

Brian_Escaleritas
06/16/2010 7:57 a.m.

Hello, Brian.
I have a 16 -year -old daughter who is diabetic since 8.
Tell us what treatment you have, to be able to guide you better.
I recommend that you write everything: rations of hydrates that you eat;insulin that you get;Special circumstances (disease, exercise, stress, etc).
Go telling us things and raising your doubts.
Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/16/2010 8:23 a.m.

Hello, Alea.
Well, the treatment I carry is Apidra alone and Lantus solostar.
From the Lantus I put 20 units every night and the Apidra because I just adjusted it to 12 units in the first two meals of 7:00 and that of 11:00, 11 units in the one of 15:00, 12 units at 19:00 and 10 units at 23:00.And the corrections are as follows:
1 unit for every 30mg/dl starting from 100 (at meals at 07:00, 11:00 and 19:00).
1 unit for every 50mg/dl starting from 100 (at the meals of 15:00 and 23:00).
But and if I am low sugar at the right time of one of the meals?
I know what I should eat before injecting the insulin in that case, but how much?Should I subtract you?
I have made all these changes 2 days ago based on the sugar levels that I saw that I was having, but of course I am not sure that they are well made for now the sugar levels are good but I would like to have your opinion.
And about calculating the rations of hydrates I have no idea how it is done, can they explain it to me? Please, thank you

Brian_Escaleritas
06/16/2010 10:39 a.m.

Brian, on that page that links you, you have quite well explained the issue of carbohydrate portions.It is a very good page.Take it as a diabetes head book, which will help you a lot.

The thing about your guideline, I think you get little lantus and a lot of fast, but that is just an opinion without data.To know if you need more or less insulin of one guy or the other, you have to look at your glycemia:
If they are high or low before meals (on an empty stomach) it is due to the lantus and you would have to upload it or lower it, please starting from a unit and maintaining the changes for several days until you see the effect.
If they are high or low after meals, it is due to the apidra, and I tell you the same thing: the apidra goes up or down.

If you are low before meals, you must start eating without putting insulin, and putting it on or after food.If you are only a little glycemia, I would maintain the dose.If you are low, the Apidra dose lowers in the same correction proportion (1 units every 30 or every 50 of less blood)

And what has been said, writing down the changes you make and seeing the results.Tell us how is you doing.

Health

DiabetesForo
06/16/2010 11:19 a.m.

Thank you very much Alea, I will take a look at the link to see if I find out I will continue raising the doubts that come out because I still have a lot to learn as the theme of daily sport since my visits to the endocrine are void for the issue of the schedulesthat do not match, thanks and greetings

Brian_Escaleritas
06/16/2010 11:38 a.m.

Hello everyone!Today I got up and when I went to breakfast I had 228 glycemia what seems too much for what I had eaten last night that I had 152, I think that as Alea told me the problem is not the rapid insulin but the slow since last night I put on11 fast insulin units and 20 units of slow insulin I would like them to advise me about regulating slow insulin or knowing if it would be better to wait a few more days to know if the failure is really in slow insulin, thank you very much and greetings.

Brian_Escaleritas
06/17/2010 4:34 a.m.

Hello, Brian.
Do you wear glycemia?If so, put them here, the 3 or 4 days so that we can see at what time you are fine or at what time it goes up or down.
For a few days, try that your diet is as similar as possible, so as not to introduce variables that confuse us.
Do you do any morning control?I tell you because that high figure when you get up can be, or for lack of Lantus, or for some hiccups with the consequent rebound.The only way to know is to control around 3 in the morning.

And calm, that little by little you will learn to handle, you will see it.

Health

DiabetesForo
06/17/2010 8:53 a.m.

DAY 15: ------- Day 16: ------ Day 17 (today):
07: 10 = 90 ---- 06: 15 = 126 --- 07: 50 = 228
19: 25 = 152 --- 11: 05 = 118 --- 11: 00 = 254
22: 20 = 172 --- 15: 00 = 122 --- 13: 36 = 117
02: 10 = 226 --- 18: 05 = 74
-------------- 23: 20 = 152

Hello!!Well, the morning control the truth is I only do it if I am awake since I usually eat as it puts there on the 12th I be control at dawn but because I go to eat, should I control me at dawn every night?
And an early morning hypo is that normal, in the event that it happens to me, I should inject my fast insulin?I'm sorry but I don't find out a lot yet and I've been with this for many months and the more I learn better, thanks for helping me.
And about the link that you sent me, I am looking at it for a ratillo every day and I get very much a lot thank you very much, greetings.

Brian_Escaleritas
06/17/2010 9:48 a.m.

Let's see, Brian, I think you need to make a full profile for several days.That means controlling you before each meal and two hours after each meal, as well as an early morning control (it is not missing daily)
Do it for a week and write down everything.
It is difficult, with 4 daily controls, know how to act.
A priori, I don't see bad controls, especially in 16 you were very good.Do you always use the same insulin, are you as you are?
Make that profile and write down, both controls, insulin doses, and keep meals of meals.
If you have early morning hypoglycemia, of course you should not wear fast insulin at that time, because you would aggravate the hypo.In that case, what you have to do is take some fast hydrate (water with sugar, juice, etc) and set something slower (a couple of María cookies)

And calm, that you are on the right track.

Health

DiabetesForo
06/17/2010 10:37 a.m.

Ok really thanks, then what I will do scient from tomorrow will do a control before each meal and another after 5 meals will be about 10 daily controls, today I bought a digital weight to start weighing food and making better annotationsOf each meal, thank you very much and greetings.

Brian_Escaleritas
06/17/2010 5:29 p.m.

Great.
Tell us how you go with the controls.
And do not worry, that when you already have a more adjusted guideline, you can do less controls and you will also know how to allow whims from time to time.

Health

DiabetesForo
06/17/2010 7:01 p.m.

You will see how in a few weeks you have it controlled.

Points every day: what you eat and quantity.Insulin you have put yourself.And glucose level before and two hours later.

It weighs the food, so you adjust it much better, and if you do some kind of exercise that comes out of the daily routine, sign it too.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/18/2010 3:38 a.m.

It is worth that, I will point out every detail that I think I can influence and I will raise the doubts, today it seems that I have risen well with normal levels of blood glucose we will see how the day continues, thanks and greetings

Brian_Escaleritas
06/18/2010 6:14 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.