Fourth millennium

ray-ban's profile photo   04/06/2012 5:41 a.m.

Hello.
My question is about those days or weeks in which unexplained glycemiah come out, you do the same of all days, a perfect HC count, or take food that you know plenty how the glucose poke will raise you, you have already taken the trickTo take it so much ... but to your surprise and misfortune, when you think you would have 170 at most, you are at 2 h in 250 !!!!!!
When I comment with the doctor apart from telling me that many times he does not know, I commented that it could be because I was cold, or for changes in my organism that I did not realize, and that they destabilized my values.The worst thing is that when I have a cold, I don't usually have symptoms such as fever and trunk, only cough and a little headache ... well and painful glycems ;-).
I wanted to know your opinions about the possible causes of those unexplained glycemia that are constantly had for a season and then disappear, returning everything to 'normality'.
All the best.

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
04/06/2012 5:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Possss some endos say that they are catecholamines ... that is, adrenaline, norepinephrine etc ... what we come to call the nerves or stress:-/

They also talk about bioavailability: HTTPS: //www.google.es/url? SA = T & amp; rct = j & amp; q = ... vz6f7e3kng >

Sometimes it can be explained by heat, sometimes for a disease, sometimes because the minimum reserves of their own insulin are triggered (my theory not subject to anything official) ...

As a psychologist, I arrive the sardine to the embody, and I believe that in many cases the activation of the nervous system (catecholamines fired throughout the bloodstream) are the cause of many X files by hyperglycemia.
And although we do not notice "the nerves" the body may be hyperstimulated and manufacturing hormones to Tutiphen.

The hiccups X is more inexplicable ... except in the case of type 2 where a gangmamia rush due to "stress" releases too much insulin of their own for those glycemia.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/06/2012 7:11 a.m.

The endocrine tells me that with the suffocones (as we say here in Andalusia) with the tantrums, or alterations
Glucose uploads, but that personally that does not affect me at least on the occasions I did the test, a very recent example
My partner as it is a coaster and we are in Holy Week, after the little walk to the Virgin I arrive at seven in the morning the very kid
And I with an anger that came out fire by my eyes, I thought I would have the sugar for the nuves and was at 89 weird, but true, for me what it is
An X file when you have hiccup symptoms and go running to do the test and it is normal for me that is already a phicologic thing

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/06/2012 1:08 p.m.

Hello people:
The truth is that I am in something similar, after eating it gives me 145, so I think goods less than 180 what I have to have.And one hour I feel rare and I measure me and I have 200 or more.Without eating anything, without doing anything strange ... so this is a file x for me.Apart from the fact that there are the same thing that it does everything good I finish with 300 sugar and it costs me a duck -to lower it.It can be stress, hormonal changes, flu ... but if I'm fine, how am I going to know that I have something weird?Anyway, with time and patience to see if the trick is given to this, because there are days of the most desperate ...
The positive thing is that this Holy Week I have managed to be part of the bear route in Asturias (5 hours walking) and having everything perfect all day, despite the fact that the rest of the days have been bad.
A kiss

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
04/11/2012 4:11 p.m.

Get faster, not to climb to 200. And put it right when starting to eat, to extend its effect.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2012 4:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I always hope to have the food in front to give me the fast, and I have given myself up to 10 units, with the corrections after.Last night I gave me 7 units at night and ate 8 rations of carbohydrates.And then discharged me, 236 and until 2 in the morning I did not get 170. But hey, I am trying.I will start exercising before dinner to see if so ... but now that I am on vacation, then I study in the afternoon and leave at 9 at night, I have no options.Trying I will find myself, but since I am supposed to be a honeymoon, it is very rare.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
04/12/2012 9:50 a.m.

You may be finishing the honeymoon, you get up with good blood glucose ???Or it can be the type of food, slow hydrates, food with enough fat or a lot of protein that makes the digestion slower and uploads later, for example, what did you take long?Tell us to see if we can take a hand;)

DiabetesForo
04/12/2012 11:12 a.m.

I tell you, although I am today crazy because the glucometer has given me more than 100 units of difference.
Yesterday I had 180g of pasta, 4 rations: 2 slices of bread, 2 portions;Leaves of lettuce (nor count) and an apple (2 rations).Soil always dine of the order of 8 rations of HC.Before dinner I was 147, I gave me 7 novorapid units and two hours later I was 268, I corrected with three units and two hours later I had 240. I couldn't get off more, and in the morning I got up with 200.
I got the Lantus to 10 to see if I helped, but no.
More data, today to eat I have eaten: 3 rations of rice with chirlas, an apple (2 portions) and 3 portions of bread.Before eating I was 204, then 132. At 4 hours of eating, supposedly on an empty stomach 160 and at night before dinner my glucometer has gone crazy, but I suppose that by 280. I know that the glucometer has a margin of error butThe data are: 283;A few minutes later 206;later without eating anything 391;From there changing the strips and after washing my hands 303 and finally 294. And waiting to see what gives me later.
I plan to go on to give the plasta for the hospital next week if the thing does not change and I cannot fix myself.
Before you say it broken the puncture areas as a good girl and I have looked in if I had packages and nothing.I don't know how to do anymore.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
04/12/2012 6:52 p.m.

Hi Garbitxu, similar things happen to me often because as they say for arriva, glycemia figures affect everything either physical or mental.If they are isolated days I do not worry in excess because in the same way that the figures are triggered, they themselves are controlled again.Anyway, he thinks that rice are HC of slow absorption but that the figures always rise.A good option before eating a good paella, is to eat a good salad, the lettuce fiber prevents rice from reabsorba very quickly and therefore improving the figures.
All the best.

david29's profile photo
david29
04/17/2012 12:29 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

It seems to me that there is a small contradiction ... If the rice are slow absorption carbohydrates. What is the need to take a fiber binge before eating rice to slow down its absorption?Isn't it slow already?

I agree that in general the rice are slow absorption carbohydrates, but it mustAbsorption changes a lot.

DiabetesForo
04/17/2012 2:52 p.m.

You are really right, they are a slow absorption HC, but why does glycemic levels increase so much?I raised this to my endocrine and told me what I have already commented, that it is independently of meat or seafood or whatever, that I always add peas or vegetables in addition to eating a salad before (to see a salad, not a meadowof boil), all that makes the absorption of rice carbohydrates slow down and does not reach such crazy figures as it happened to me.It works very well and since then I repeat ...

david29's profile photo
david29
04/17/2012 10:11 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

In my opinion, it is not that it slows the absorption, it is that you eat less;), the more things the rice, vegetables, meat, fish or what is less rice are you.What slows down the absorption, at least in my case, is fat.

DiabetesForo
04/18/2012 4:55 a.m.

The strange thing is that until now, I had no problems eating rice.Either to the Cuban, in Paella, or with chirlas as this last time.In addition, those values ​​was 7 hours after eating, at four o'clock it was fine.So I do not blame it to the rice that even of slow absorption, so much?But it seems that the problem was more because of basal insulin, now I give myself 14 of Lantus and I have improved a lot, I have no downs and the levels are more regulated.The problem was that it was not an isolated situation, eating other meals also happened to me that after a good level after eating and at four hours, at night I was very high without having eaten or anything, and without having stress or things that couldExplain it.I think the thing is better.Let's see if it continues.
Thank you for leaking a hand, the truth is that I still have been in a short time and there are times when I do not understand that c ... Passe and enter here, read things and ask a lot help to avoid despair.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
04/18/2012 8:13 a.m.

GARBITXU you are on honeymoon, you will gradually need more insulin until your pancreas definitely stop producing insulin so what happens to you is very normal ....

DiabetesForo
04/18/2012 8:17 a.m.

I know Prado, I know.But it is desperate so much lack of control.I hope I normalize soon, because I really have been studying now, and I have to get to work soon.And if I am uncontrolled now, when I start working and studying at the same time it will be chaos.I am also anchojoná, because I am looking for it and in diabetes it is not something I can hide and to work in hospitality as I go chungo.The entrepreneur is not dumb and between someone to work well and someone to work well but without problems to see whoever limits.There is a lot of ignorance of the disease ... well that without more, I go crazy, normal in me :?I have always given the coconut a lot.It will happen to me in a few days as soon as my mother throws me a rappe for thinking so much ...: D and I know that this evolves as she wants and I can't change it.So to carry it as well as possible.
I feel the moment everything is a m ... as I say below, I always get up.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
04/18/2012 4:43 p.m.

I have never hidden diabetes in my life, but at work nobody knows ;-)
In a few months I will say it, or simply if one day they ask me what I have been doing there, I will tell you an insulin bomb.But I am totally able to do the same job as someone not diabetic.I don't even think about the interviews, because it is clear that if they know the disease before taking someone without diabetes and someone with her.

tica's profile photo
tica
04/18/2012 6:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I know meadow, I know.But it is desperate so much lack of control.I hope I normalize soon, because I really have been studying now, and I have to get to work soon.And if I am uncontrolled now, when I start working and studying at the same time it will be chaos.I am also anchojoná, because I am looking for it and in diabetes it is not something I can hide and to work in hospitality as I go chungo.The entrepreneur is not dumb and between someone to work well and someone to work well but without problems to see whoever limits.There is a lot of ignorance of the disease ... well that without more, I go crazy, normal in me :?I have always given the coconut a lot.It will happen to me in a few days as soon as my mother throws me a rappe for thinking so much ...: D and I know that this evolves as she wants and I can't change it.So to carry it as well as possible.
I feel the moment everything is a m ... as I say below, I always get up.
Hi Garbitxu, how are you? ...
I am reading your comments, and I am very sorry for everything you are happening.All those fears and concerns, it is normal for you to have them, you have very little with the disease and assume so many changes is not a thing for another, and the work front is also gathered, which is another.
In this disease it happens a little like when you learn to drive, at the beginning it is the car that takes you to you, and then with practice it is you who really drive, I think here it is similar, although it does not mean that even doing thingsWell, the disease goes free, but at least we do what we can ...
You will see how every day will come out better, and in the work, because you are very young and you see you a girl with enthusiasm and desire to work, that is what they will value when hiring you, although I agree with Tica,I would not say anything about the disease either.I wish you good luck and soon find something ... you will tell us ...;)
A GARBITXU hug

olmo's profile photo
olmo
04/18/2012 7:47 p.m.

Garbitxu, I see that you get 4 doses fast.If it is because Lantus does not reach you 24 hours, try to put it in the morning, that you can increase the dose a bit and get you lasting all day, without risk of hypos at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/18/2012 8:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello everyone!
Garbitxu, don't worry about work, we are not different.In all the work that I have had, I have not said anything in the first moment but after a while it is recommended that they know it.They always tell you ... are you on a diet? How do you take care of yourself!, ... things that in the end are noticing.
As for what you said before carbohydrates, the glycemic index they have is very important, the smaller this better index will remain blood glucose, for example the rice has a very high glycemic index and if we mix it with proteins,Fats or low fiber.
Another mystery to me, to see if it happened to you, is that when I go out at night and go to bed about 5 or 6 in the morning, the blood glucose is going up without eating or taking anything (going to Coca Cola Light) andNormal goes down.Well, I asked it and the explanation that a doctor gave me was that at night certain hormones are segregated.And I say ... are those hormones only secreted being awake at night and sleepy?:-/

ALG's profile photo
ALG
04/25/2012 6:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Hello guys and thanks for the support.

The truth is that my glycemia have improved considerably with what I have less in the body.I have thought about the lantus in the morning but I have the inconvenience that I study in the afternoon and for the moment I do not have a fixed hour to get up.Normally at 9 I am standing but I am to study at night until a thousand ... and those days I don't get up soon.But if there is no choice but to touch.
As for the work there, I do not plan to say that I am a diabetic in the interview, but being honeymoon and with variations, I am worried how I will take it.In general it is another fear and that bridge will not cross it until I arrive as much as you want.And then it will be seen when it is appropriate to drop it.

And here I release another file X. Everyone has told me that when we are stressed or nervous, sugar goes up ... Well, sugar goes down and I have hypos.It is not serious, it is the days when I carry cookies and things to Tutiphen in my bag, but I have already had to take an exam with the low sugar and it was not for eating badly or taking too much insulin.

So if I go to party at midnight, I have to eat and if I stay studying late, I also have to eat something.

I guess sugar will rise when you are partying because you get nervous to see so much good body ...
;) :)): Mrgreen:

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
04/26/2012 7:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.