Fruits and diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/17/2010 1:40 p.m.

As I counted before my mother has been diagnosed with diabetes for three months, we are in a learning stage regarding the quality of life you must carry.

Well, taking my mother to her grain thanks to her medication she has managedHe has excited and has been eating many mandarins during the di, now dawns with about 110 in the mornings and closes the day with around 180, the measure we have taken is to take off the mandarins or fruit and give it once a dayto control the rations of the meals because at lunch I already asked for repetition.Particularly I was glad that I am hungry because when I was with the infection I ate almost anything but we know that exaggerating with food is not good and less in your case.

To what extent to fruit influences the glucose index?

Another thing my mother is a very fragile emotionally and easily scared things, and with the theme of diabetes, she feels cold (here where we lived very cold) or in the case of tangerines (her excess causesnausea) make it misunderstanding everything and breaks of nerves Does glucose in the blood can also rise through an emotional state?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/17/2010 1:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Fruits influence glycemia.As a general rule every 100 grams of fruit are a ration of hydrates (10g), although you have fruits that provide more like bananas or cherries in which 50 grams are already a ration of HC, and others that do less like watermelonor the strawberries in which an HC ration is 150 grams.

The state of maturity of the fruit also influences, if it is very mature, the glucose will rise faster.Therefore it is better to take less mature fruits.And whenever you can with your skin, since you contribute fibers that make glucose rise more slowly.

Emotional states, of course influence glucose, like exercise, stress, etc.

You will see how in a few months you have it controlled.

Many encouragement.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/18/2010 3:26 a.m.

I tell you what my endo told me when I thought I was type 2. The appropriate fruits for type 2 dbs are: strawberries, pineapple, watermelon and kiwi.I guess they will be the smallest caloric contribution.And to my question that if I could eat melon, he told me, man, if this cucumber yes.
Another thing, and this not because they told me, if not because I have lived and proven it.To me the tension raises the sugar.For example, if one day the client calls me to tell me that I have to urgently solve a problem….I get on.If, for the Contrary, it is I who decide to do a job quickly to finish it and take it off ... it goes down.I refer clear to table work.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
06/18/2010 3:45 a.m.

Jolin and who eats a "cucumber" melon or green ????????It is abundable and that is why the glucose barely uploads :)) :)) :)), I preferThat we put insulin we have it easier if we exceed and with me with the fruit it costs me a lot because I love it, to see who eats only 50 grams of cherries ?????I can't ...: oops: oops:

DiabetesForo
06/18/2010 4:29 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
I carry it a little bad, I love it, I love cherries, meadow, then if I'm going to eat more cherries, I get more insulin, and it's already, right?I am learning to adjust insulin with what, the other day I had food, I put one more unit and I ate dessert, ice cream, on Tuesday I saw the educator in the hospital, tell him and told me: theseLearning very fast: D: D
All the best,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/18/2010 4:40 a.m.

Of course Anabeg, I am what I do, if I pass with the cherries or with another fruit, the insulin increases but I do not stop eating it, and it is very healthy and necessary ...: D

DiabetesForo
06/18/2010 4:46 a.m.

I the subject of the fruit control it as follows:

2 rations are:

300 gr of watermelon, melon, strawberry and grapefruit
200 gr of unity fruits (apples, pears, peaches, kiwi, pineapple, apricot, tangerines ...)
100 gr of bananas, Ñísperos, grapes and cherries ...

The grapes and cherries are 12 grains.
A regular apple or peach is already those 200 gr.Masmenos

So it doesn't matter eating 100 gr of bananas than 300 watermelon.

DiabetesForo
06/18/2010 2:03 p.m.

Thank you very much for the answers, just yesterday we had a scare in the morning my mother had a glucose of 112 and I don't know that he would measure wings of 11 pm and had 227 in panic my mother became nervous but out of that I did not haveNo symptom out of the common, when consulting with the doctor, he recommended that he climb the metformin to 1 tablet in the morning and a half at night, I have to recognize that she is eating more than before I am new to this and I startThing, the good thing for me is that my mother is already eating at ease but I am afraid every time I am going to measure glucose, how should I handle this?

DiabetesForo
06/18/2010 4:10 p.m.

Just I just read that the absorption of metformin will be lower the more food my mother is eased as complete as a complete rations of food, I only tee to add two questions to what I exposed up

Is it better to take metformin before, with or after meals?How can I help metoformin to work in the body?

DiabetesForo
06/18/2010 4:43 p.m.

Of course I think it is super important to have the support and indications of the doctor.
A fruit that is very good, which has little percentage of sugar is the melon , and also has a very pleasant sweet taste !!
I found an article that can be interesting that talks about the benefits of this fruit, but for supervise that yes, with the recommendation of a doctor.
Greetings, and good luck !!

Elena Barcelona's profile photo
Elena Barcelona
07/21/2011 9:31 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.