Glucose and pills meter

JC1985's profile photo   04/11/2012 11:32 a.m.

Hello everyone, I would like to tell you a couple of matters, one of them is the glucose meter, they had given it to me in the hospital if I do not remember or at the medical center, when I had been hospitalized and did not know the cause ofMy ills, and I wanted to know if you can buy in pharmacies or where, or if it is free.I have one, but I would like to have another, so as not to have to walk it from one place to another, and I would like to take one in the car as if an emergency kit was treated, with some kind of sugar, since inThe day I have not been on top, before, but since I have this disease for ten years and two months no longer.

And the other doubt is whether someone takes the pills called Glimepirida Stada, 4 mg, they prescribed them and well I would like to know what effects it has, if beneficial, in the sense that they are strong in terms of the loss of sugar ...

Greetings and thank you very much.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
04/11/2012 11:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I guess you are type 2 and do not injected insulin, right?
The glucometers give them to you in the health center and if you want another call to the laboratory, they usually give it without cost, I have never had a problem, both lifescan, as Menarini and now Bayer have always sent me another when I have called them to have one ofreplacement.If you are type 2 without insulin I do not know if it will be the same.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/11/2012 1:19 p.m.

Glymepirid is a sulfonirulea;Within the group of oral antidiabetics it is one of the most hypoglycemic power.

4 g is a high dose ... According to the prospect the daily maximum is 6 g
I imagine that you will be taking it at food and dinner, 2 g each or perhaps 1 pill of 4 g in the food.

It is difficult for you to have severe hypoglycemia because of this pill, but it can happen if you come from low glycemia and do not eat any carbohydrates in food.
That is why it is usually recommended not to do without hydrates in the main meals, always consuming them in moderation and adjusting to the individual diet.

Mild hypoglycemia may appear by little that you do more intense exercise than usual, lose weight or do not maintain carbohydrate intake.

Another feature that usually highlights is a tendency to weight gain.

Are you taking it alone or with another oral antidiabic?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/12/2012 3:07 p.m.

Hello, they gave them to me the other day, but they go wrong, at night I was in 219, at 5 in the morning, and I didn't take them anymore, it was before with insulin, 8 units of Lantus ... andThey gave me those pills, a substitute for endocrine told me, but it makes you click the most, it is a problem, and I think, if you had to prick it all the daggers ... days I would not say such a thing,

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
04/12/2012 4:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.