I present myself asking for help

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/21/2010 12:29 p.m.

Hello,

My name is Alexander, and I write for the problem that my father has today who is the diabetic in question what happens that the Internet issue does not like it very much and I try to help it.The problem is as follows, the use of the Optiset brand lantus in disposable pen, and of fast novorapid flexpen as well as strips of the Menarini brand, it is but you understand me because although I have been almost all my life, you see it to prick many of these brandsAnd models and I do not understand much, the problem comes since because of their work you cannot buy them from Social Security, and what it does is buy everything in the pharmacy paying per month the cold amount of 200 and sometimes higher and in other lower it dependsof the month.That is why I would like to know if there is any association in which they sell diabetic products.Also ask if these brands that the USA are good or you know some better.Thank you all in advance.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/21/2010 12:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello:
Where are you from?What has to buy reactive strips or insulin or both?Because insulin is only bought in the pharmacy and with a medical recipe, at least here in Spain.
As for the strips that I know they are only bought in the pharmacy.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2010 1:17 p.m.

We are from Cantabria, we bought both strips and insulin in the pharmacy without a recipe.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2010 2:03 p.m.

Hello, value.
It is very rare that you have.In Spain, health is free and insulins, strips and others are provided by social security, you are or not work.Only a minimum percentage in insulin is paid.
You must go to Social Security, to patient care, and to solve things.
The brands you say are good.They are all more or less the same.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
06/21/2010 4:03 p.m.

Insulin without recipe ????????I do not believe it: shock: .... No pharmacy can give you without insulin recipe, even if it is a recipe for a private doctor but recipe after all ... and if you pay it is because you want because as Alea saysSocial security covers reactive strips and insulin at a very small price.You only need the recipes of your header or endocrine doctor .... in the end it seems to me too.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2010 4:19 p.m.

In my pharmacy they have sometimes given me insulin without a recipe ... and come on it is not that it goes very usually ... the payment, they point my name and then I have taken the recipe.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2010 4:57 p.m.

Many people who have no residence and therefore are illegal in Spain pay and buy in pharmacies without a recipe, they are usually of low economic resources and cannot pay a consultation in the doctor of more than 100 euros just to dispense themrecipes.Come on, it is usual that in pharmacies (not in all), you sell you medications that require recipe, without a recipe I have bought them many times between insulins, antibiotics, antifungals and a long etc.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
06/23/2010 5:23 a.m.

Anapp

Hi Alexander,

I am very sad that because of ignorance there are people in your situation.I will try to explain why I know for my wife, who was in irregular situation in Spain.

Those human waste that sometimes you see in the streets, which have no job or where they fall dead, but are Spanish, have the right to social security, that is, free health.That is something that Europeans have.If we give free healthy healthy health, without paying taxes (quoting social security), and probably fucking daily in the neighborhood, how will a foreign person are going to be given free health or not,What is residing in the country, irregularly or not?

So that your father can go with all of the law to the doctor only needs to register ("declare that you reside there") in the City Council of your town.And for that you only need your passport, and a document that accredits said residence (if you are renting, the rental contract in your name, if you are not in your name or if you do not have a rental contract, because for example you share floor,Then a statement (a letter) of the owner of the floor or the house confirming said coexistence or residence in the house, and photocopies + original of writing.Or rental contract, I declare that this person lives here, for the purposes of the municipal register, with such such. "And that's it ...

Once it is registered, it is already registered as a "resident" in the municipality, regardless of its administrative residence situation in Spain (legal or illegal) and will give you a registration certificate "with the effect of obtaining the health card" (if notThey give it to you request it on the same day that you register).With that certificate you already have the right to go to the nearest health center, and request that they give them a health card (which they will call "without resources" or "free" if you have no job), to be able to go to the doctor for free, and that of thatForm access to the recipes you need for the nursing you have.Yes, even if I don't have a job.Like the vagrants and the Yonkis, who have the same right and many times neither renew the card, nor are they identified, nor anything at all.

So do it to look, your father should not pay from his pocket.For that we are quoting others, for us and for those who really need it.

If you have any questions, answer and surely there are more than one willing to help you.Do not think of paying a private doctor or paying an unscrupulous pharmacy being able to easily fix it with two simple procedures: 1, you register.2, ask for the health card.

Juan

juanga's profile photo
juanga
06/23/2010 2:59 p.m.

I am new on this issue of diabetes, in fact I do not know certain sciences if I am diabetic, my subject is as follows:

About two years ago I have destabilized in blood sugar, I do not take medication but I control food and do exercises periodically, on an empty stomach I usually have 110 mg/dl and there are days of up to 115 mg/dl and others that are the most, less than 110mg/dl and very sporadic less than 100 mg/dl.

Then in other schedules of the day I have between 125 mg/dl and 135 mg/dl ,,,,,

According to a letter I read:

The optimal values ​​are:

72 to 110 mg/dl (or 4 - 7mmol/l)
Less than 180mg/dl (or 10mmol/l) if an hour and a half is measured after meals.
So regularly is my blood sugar, my question is the following ,,,

I should consider a diabetes patient or not?

The other question is how I do the conversion of (mg/dl) to (mmol/l)

Thank you very much, I will be attentive to your answers, they are very important for me ,,

Raul0804's profile photo
Raul0804
05/29/2015 3:28 p.m.

Hi @raul0804, I think you are interested in reading this topic:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
05/29/2015 9:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You have some values ​​very at the limit and with a glucometer you cannot diagnose, because they have an error of 15% or more.
They will have to make you analyze on an empty stomach and glucosylated hemoglobin to ensure the diagnosis

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2015 9:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.