The reactive strips in pharmacies will follow

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/11/2012 1:48 p.m.

Pharmacies will continue to dispense with reactive strips despite the cut of the Ministry of Health

Link: Link ... x9qwmxio4/

The General Assembly of the College of Pharmaceuticals of Valencia (MICOF) has approved to continue dispensing the reactive strips for diabetic patients prescribed by the doctors of the Valencian Health Service, despite the "drastic reduction" of the margin on the price proposed by the Ministry ofHealth that reduces "practically to zero the profitability" of these health products, according to the Micof in a statement.

The General Assembly of the College of Pharmaceuticals of Valencia (MICOF) has approved to continue dispensing the reactive strips for diabetic patients prescribed by the doctors of the Valencian Health Service, despite the "drastic reduction" of the margin on the price proposed by the Ministry ofHealth that reduces "practically to zero the profitability" of these health products, according to the Micof in a statement.

The president of the College, María Teresa Guardiola, stressed that "once again, pharmacists have shown that, for us, the professionalism, health interest and public service prevails, than the economic benefit, because pharmacies will continueAttending patients, as always, almost without economic contrast. "

During the development of the Assembly held on Tuesday, in which the Board reported all the details of the Ministry's proposal, it was clear that "the biggest problem, with being important, is not to dispense or not the reactive strips, but theRegularization of payments, which is what is affecting all the care activity carried out by pharmacy offices. "

In this sense, for pharmacists, "the draft drastically reduces the operational margin of reactive strips in a context of repeated delays and defaults that makes their acceptance very difficult by professionals who are at the limit of their possibilities."

"The situation is very complicated and it is very understandable that the pharmaceuticals are exhausted by patience and some want to throw in the towel," Guardiola added who, however, has been convinced that "in the end, everyone will continue to provide this service, with the important personal and economic effort that means, because first of all we are professionals and we know that our role is essential to the health of citizens. "In his opinion, "the administration must reflect on this."

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/11/2012 1:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

So you can understand the news I explain how the situation is.

Reactive strips are a health product whose price is set by:
- Laboratory sale price
- Margin of the wholesaler
- Retail margin (pharmacy)
- VAT

The margins to set the sale price to the public are preferred and agreed: Link ... ersion.pdf
That is, it is not bought directly from the manufacturer but there are 2 intermediaries.

How is a drug or a health product finance?
- State contribution
- Patient contribution: 40% in general, 10% if it is a chronic medication (at most € 2.64), they are exempt pensioners, occupational diseases and drugs that are dispensed in hospitals.

That is, in the case of reactive strips, the State (via taxes that we pay all or almost all) finances the cost of each recipe for reactive strips.
The patient only contributes 50 cents in each recipe.

Not in all communities the strips are dispensed in pharmacies.

To date, the margins that pharmacies were winning (the retailer) were between 6% and 12%
If we talk that each recipe of reactive strips rises to 22.61 euros: Link </a
We can say that the pharmacy earned more than 2 euros per recipe ... simply for changing a recipe for a pharmaceutical product.

I insist, 2 euros per recipe to change from having stored boxes of reactive strips and give them to customers, I say patients.

Now, in Valencia, those margins have dropped by leaving them between 2% and 6% ... that is, an approx margin of 1 euro per recipe for reactive strips.

I insist, pharmacies earn 1 euro for each recipe for reactive strips (money that comes out of taxes).
And they still wondered if it was worth continuing to dispense them: shock ::-/

But this is not all.
In Valencia, the previous agreement set that laboratories (Bayer, Abbott, Lifescan, Roche, Menarini) returned 25% of the total amount that were bought, that is, they made a discount of 25% of the price ... money that was goingentirely to the Ministry.
THE AGREEMENT:
The new agreement does not know what percentage will set or if it disappears.

The Canary Islands community takes another step:
The reactive strips supplying company for glycia determination undertakes to pay monthly to the official provincial pharmaceutical schools of the Canary Islands an economic contribution, calculated in a discount form of 30.68% on its laboratory sale price (PVL) without taxes, for each container of reactive strips dispensed through the official medical recipe of the Canarian health service by the pharmacy offices.

You can see it in the Official Gazette of the Canary Islands of March 5, 2012.

After all the roll that I have told you:

I do not see normal that a private company (an autonomous) such as a pharmacy, is financeHealth

I understand that in small populations, in villages far from health resources, a pharmacy is indispensable for the social work that does. But a medium-long city? For what?
One more fact and end ... in 1 kilometer around my house there are 8 pharmacies ... all working a minimum of 10years (which is where I remember) and minimum 4 employees.

DiabetesForo
04/11/2012 2:35 p.m.

Well, Alicante pharmacists do not seem to be for the work of continuing to give the strips in pharmacies:
Link ... 42617.html

DiabetesForo
04/12/2012 2:52 p.m.

In Castilla and Leon, the strips are supplied by health centers, although I suppose you already knew ...

Beky's profile photo
Beky
04/12/2012 9:59 p.m.

Owas

I, in Navarra, gave them to me at the health center, to droppers ....

Here, in Valencia, they are prescribed, the curious thing is that it is a pharmacy never charged me, they are aberrant to do so, they told me so ... I did not know exactly how much it was paid per recipe, but of course it is, just because of that detail, I take all family recipes in that pharmacy.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
04/16/2012 11:58 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

I imagine that the strips that do not charge you are those of Lifescan:-/

0.50 euros per recipe does not reject anyone, unless you enter it on the other hand: Twisted:

DiabetesForo
04/16/2012 1:53 p.m.

They are acu Chek compact, 3 boats come with 17 strips in each box, the boats get inside the device, to avoid manipulation.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
04/16/2012 4:10 p.m.

When you say "they give them" I think they give them "free" right?In the health center or wherever, here in Andalucia with recipes and how maximum they give are two boats
At least that's what they tell me, you can put the endocrine what you put in the reports since above the endocrine there is another superior who is the one who rules
Thus I happened to me, that I was so happy with my new report where I said that I needed 4 to 6 strips a day, and nothing at all, I have to move a lot of papers
To get the report to this man, because my doctor cleans my hands, and if not, without a recipe of 30 to 40euritos each boat, here in each pharmacy there is a different price and the same, so I imagine that we crude we have itThe diabetics do not have enough with the disease that on scratch our pocket because what is clear that click on the fingers do not do it because we bore ourselves I say I say

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/17/2012 3:49 p.m.

Aurorra, I am also in Andalusia and I use many reactive strips for my child, it also costs me to prescribe them ... The truth is that it is angry being such a necessary product to live.
I had a curious thing with prices in pharmacies, I use Aviva AvivNow I get them for 50 euros the same reactive strips, it seems to me a barbarity that a pharmacy takes from 87 euros and another can sell it to me for 50 euros and surely it also wins, I find it very sad that on such a necessary product for us someoneThis winning 60% on the product, seems to me a robbery.As for your aurora2, as Owash told me not long ago, maybe a claim would come well and talk to him seriously, they also scare.

antonio bonillo's profile photo
antonio bonillo
04/19/2012 3:53 p.m.

The College of Pharmaceuticals of Castellón (as are those of Valencia and Alicante) will continue to dispense the reactive strips to diabetic patients despite the "drastic reduction" of the margin on the price imposed by the Ministry of Health.To questions from the COEC Department of Communication, the President of the College of Pharmacists of Castellón, Jesús Bellver, stressed that the variation in the benefit margins that the Department of Health has appraisal (which only gives pharmacies about 2 euros forpackage) is the cause of this new controversy between administration and pharmacists.Despite the loss of much of the benefits on the product, the strips will continue for sale without the public noticing any change in the price, according to the president of the COFC

iris's profile photo
iris
04/23/2012 9:36 p.m.

Casually throughout the month I have not been able to get strips in several pharmacies of Valencia ..... Today I have returned and they tell me that they will already send them again, it seems very very rare and it is not because of the topic of the copayment,since as I already told you, in that pharmacy they do not charge them.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
04/26/2012 4:44 p.m.

In the Valencian Community we buy them in the pharmacy, now, it is said that the outpatients will be given, but other voices say it will continue as until now.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
12/24/2016 8:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.