{'en': 'Newcomer to the sweetest club', 'es': 'Recién llegado al club mas dulce'} Image

Newcomer to the sweetest club

copiloto's profile photo   04/11/2012 7:57 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I am 41 years old and had been with an empty stomach for two years.I took care of myself, not much, but I took care of me.

Moreover, I am nothing sweet and did not try even sweets or desserts, I even took sugar infusions.

My wife convinced me to go to the endocrine and, what happens to go to the doctor, sends me an analytical and zas!Glucose 145, hemoglobin A1c 6.3 (which, as I have read, is not bad), insulin ac 4,3, but gad/64 antibody gave 3.9.

Total, that the endo tells me on January 20: "Sorry, you have type I diabetes, more specifically lada diabetes, and that I have to start with insulin, but that before I have to start measuring the glucose levels to calculateThe dose "and puts me a diet of 1,500 calories (I have lost almost 6 kilos, it does not seem much, but I have gone from 64 kilos to 58).

After various adventures to get a glucometer and strips, and after checking that with the diet I have had some glucose throughout the day in different meals, before and after, between 80 and 128 except for some exception (167), he tells me that ofWe post the insulin moment until the next review next Friday, to do the controls, but not every day, but every three, and that I would not obsess me with the diet, since it is not responsible for my diabetes, which is ofImmune type.

And here I am waiting for Friday with fear (I have enough respect for the needles), but we will have to get used to it, as my grandfather would say, "by force hang up."

Although it is not an unknown disease for me, since I have had a non -direct relative (an uncle) and my greatest grandfather who had type 2, I do have enough doubts and this forum is being very helpful.

Greetings to all.

copiloto's profile photo
copiloto
04/11/2012 7:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to "Bordo" Copiloto, to this sweet club.
If you allow me a recommendation for the need of the needles, I gave me authentic phobia and it took almost a quarter of an hour until you prick me, there are some special needles, they are called novo fine autocover 30g (manufactured by Novo Nordisk A/S Denmark), they are great, you click and you don't see the needle at all.Now after 2 years I have signed with the normal ones, Insupe, BD ... (5mm children)
I also see that we have the same weight, 58kg, we have been Kate Moss, hehe, although that means changing all the costumes, going to size 38 in pants and the S and sometimes xs of shirts ... if it serves you as guidance, in Springfield, H & AMP; M, Zara and C&CP you find these sizes with ease, and if you do not go directly to the Children's section of the English Court, and you also find clothes that serve you ... we have to dress as teenagers, something good had to bring the disease, right? ..
Much encouragement, and you will tell us how everything is going ...
Greetings to all:: D
Vicente

olmo's profile photo
olmo
04/12/2012 5:41 a.m.

Welcome to the club;) co -pilot and quiet that both you and Olmo will recover your size: mrgreen: And some kilo of more surely :)) :)), it is a matter of time and good control ..... I never understood thatFrom the diet, they never told me about following any diet:-/, we have to eat in moderation (like anyone) and know how much insulin we need for each ration of hydrates, as soon as the subject is dominated, you can eat absolutely everything..... carrying a balanced diet of course and not having overweight.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/12/2012 6:20 a.m.

Welcome to the club;) co -pilot and quiet that both you and Olmo will recover your size: mrgreen: and some kilo of more surely :)) :)), it is a matter ofTime and good control ..... I never understood that of the diet, they never told me about following any diet:-/, we have to eat in moderation (like anyone) and know how much insulin we need for each ration of hydrates, as soon as the theme is dominated, you can eat absolutely everything ..... carrying a balanced diet of course and not having overweight.
The first thought that came to me when they diagnosed me was that precisely, that of food, they replied that I could eat everything (except the sweets obviously), and that is what I have done so far, eat everything, the restriction only affectsTo the amounts, not to the food groups ... At the moment I will try to maintain this weight, my BMI is adequate and between the diet and the exercise I trust not to take overweight.

olmo's profile photo
olmo
04/12/2012 noon

He took me many talks with my educator to enter my head that I could continue eating everything I wanted.And in that they included the "sweets."Without passing, but that if one day I wanted to eat a piece of cake that took it into account when clicking my insulin and if I had not taken it into account before I click on the time.I guess for this type of "sin" the people who carry a bomb can respond better.I am not to eat sweets, but it is difficult for me not to eat fruit in the snack.

DiabetesForo
04/12/2012 1:03 p.m.

Welcome co -pilot!
Sweet you can eat but without passing and putting the corresponding insulin
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
04/12/2012 2:45 p.m.

Welcome to the forum

It is curious, but a large majority of people with diabetes do not have a long time, they are not eating sweets or infringe to megazucated desserts.

You have lost kilos because you had little insulin ... now that you will have more it will be something easier to recover that loss.

Since your glycosilada is not very high, you can still spend time without insulin ... If you control food and do a little sport you could help your battered pancreas a bit.
Sometimes oral antidiabetics prescribes patients with lada diabetes ... although there is enough controversy about it.
My opinion is that it is better to start with a basal insulin, at low doses and then see when insulin will be needed in the main meals, well in all meals, really.

A link about lada diabetes:
We usually recommend that website because it is one of the most complete that exist

DiabetesForo
04/12/2012 2:50 p.m.

Thank you very much for your reception.
I imagine that the diet and weigh the food will be to learn to calculate the rations of hydrates for when I put the insulin and get used to making 5 meals a day
The endocrine of the insurance (what old I am) to which the header derived to confirm that I had diabetes of type I, and be able to give me the nurse the strips, he told me that by him, I already started with insulin, the other at the beginning also at the beginning alsoBut having low measurements has decided to wait
The truth is that I do not miss the sweet

copiloto's profile photo
copiloto
04/12/2012 7:34 p.m.

Well, quiet co -pilot that at the time you are stabilized you can take that little sugar and torreznos;) .....

DiabetesForo
04/13/2012 4:25 a.m.

Welcome, co -pilot !!!!
As you will see, it is about taking the trick into diabetes, as soon as you have established a treatment and learn to control the rations of hydrates you take, you will surely begin to make your life "almost normal" ... in terms of what aboutThe 5 meals will not be necessary when you are stabilized ... In fact, most adults or take mid -morning, or snack, even right ... little by little you will be controlling everything.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/13/2012 5:31 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.