Jewel Pump

Gema3's profile photo   07/04/2010 3:28 p.m.

Hello:

Here you have the link of a new bomb just out of the oven:

I think it is the first that is not American, it is being manufactured in Italy.
We will have to see the price and if it reaches Spain.

All the best

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
07/04/2010 3:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It reminds me a lot of Omnipod.
I think it is very comfortable to be able to do without the cable.Let's see if it is marketed soon and if the SS covers it.

Thanks, Gema.
Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/04/2010 5:04 p.m.

Thank you gema, very interesting .... Italian hummm, such as ice cream :))

DiabetesForo
07/05/2010 9:48 a.m.

It is good news, thanks for the information, but I think I had observed in the video that you have to put a new battery every 6 days of button, go paston!I also believe that taking it to the body attached without being able to take it out for a moment without unplugging seems to me a bass;I say it why I carry her hanging in my chest normally and when I want to put on your mouth, I get it off and that's it and I don't have to unplug me ... I don't know ... I see that inconvenience, what do you think?:-/

paula's profile photo
paula
07/05/2010 11:54 p.m.

I see many more advantages than inconveniences, not having a cable is the best, it seems to me a pass and I would not mind trying to try it je ...: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
07/06/2010 3:24 a.m.

Well, it seems to me a pass.And how did he go in the video, with a mobile phone?A htc?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
07/06/2010 8:50 a.m.

It is actually like the alone (currently owned by Roche) is formed from two parts, let's say "base" that is attached to the skin and the other part that is disconnected.Apparently they manufacture in Italy X units for the North American market, unfortunateOthers already have their own "pump" Medtronic is scheduled in 2012 to get theirs, and Roche (Accouck) as I have already said has bought the SolThe current one.
For now, the only cable pump that exists is the omnipod, which has already been spoken here, although it is not marketed in Spain, hopefully when the companies that sell the "normal" bombs begin with the patch pumps we can access,As for social security, I fear that it will go for neighborhoods ... rather according to the autonomous community in which each one lives.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/06/2010 3:06 p.m.

Mmm ..... come on, we still have a few years left until the "last" technology reaches us in Spain ... hehehe, well, we will have to be patient ..

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
07/06/2010 4:57 p.m.

Link ... -Show.html >

I hit this link in the one is best explained how the pump works.The truth is that it seems wonderful, but as in all these "technological wonders" you have to expect some company or investors to put pasta, and those people do not care about the welfare of the sick ...: Twisted:

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/07/2010 3:57 a.m.

Of course the day that covers a bomb of these "the SS" will be a before and after in our lives ...... without cables !!!!What a past !!!!and above super discreet !!!!What seems outrageous to me is that all this subject to whether there is pasta or not .....

virginia's profile photo
virginia
07/07/2010 5:22 a.m.

Hello:

Let's see, I have a friend in the United Kingdom, whose 9 -year -old daughter is diabetic, and has contacted the Debiotech company to negotiate the distribution license in your country.They have answered that they are not interested, who are looking for a single license with a multinational, obviously will start selling in the USA.Somewhere I read that Debiotech was negotiating with Jhonson & Amp; Jhonson (Animas Bomba).We will take to see that pump here.

Anyway, I think that in a few years all pumps will be patch and those of tube will disappear.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
07/07/2010 12:45 p.m.

Well, that news is half happy ... if a multinational (Johnson & Amp; Johnson or similar) with all his monetary and political pressure would get won.

Why does Pfizer not get into these things? ...

DiabetesForo
07/11/2010 6:28 a.m.

Hello everyone,
Still nothing is known if it is going to be distributed in Spain?It would be a tip.I prefer it before the omnipod or that only especially because everyone carries mobile and in the other way you would have to be loading with another pot ... and well, because the Jewel is even smaller.Also, I already have an android :)

By the way, the batteries suppose they will come with each replacement but if not a solution can be the following: = 100 batteries for three dollars and peak, with shipping costs included.Pilas for two years ... In the event that the apparatus in question use that model exactly.

Greetings; o)

terorero's profile photo
terorero
04/22/2011 2:16 a.m.

Hello, I would like to know if someone uses the Jewel Pump, of bombs I have very little knowledge, so I go to you, this bomb is without canula, and also make glucose measurements?And the omnipod, what would be the differences.I hope you can help me.Thank you

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/06/2017 12:54 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.