Glucometer problems

garbitxu's profile photo   04/17/2012 7:35 a.m.

Hi guys:
I ask you help because last week I had an important scare and although the subject is solved I would like to prevent before.
Last Thursday night, when I looked at the sugar he gave me 206 and since in the afternoon, 4 hours after eating was 115, and I had not eaten anything seemed strange to me.I looked again after washing my hands again and gave me 395. And I was perfectly.I thought the strips were wrong, I opened a new box and gave me 320. I waited 15 minutes and when I measured me 265. Total that I gave the normal Novorapid and Cené.And at night Bajón.My glucometer is Bayer USB control.I already called and on Monday they brought me a new one and works correctly.

But my question is: Is there any solution to verify that the glucometer works correctly?Where can you get?Does the type of glucometer no matter or must it be specific to him?

Although the problem is already solved, I would like it not to happen again, because right now I try to stabilize my levels and if I cannot trust the results we are going ... we are going ...

Thank you very much in advance.I hope someone can help me.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
04/17/2012 7:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What strips the glucometer uses, the same as the contour link, right?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/17/2012 8:04 a.m.

All glucose have (or should have given you) a solution to check the strips.
It is usually red to give more realism: mrgreen:

They are specific for each strip and for each glucometer, because not everyone measures the same or in the same way.

Anyway, the figures you propose are correct and the glucometer works within the legal parameters.
For glucose concentrations greater than 75 mg/dl, "error" margins of up to 20% are accepted: shock:

More info:

DiabetesForo
04/17/2012 1:20 p.m.

Hey, what phone do you have to call them to give you another meter ????

inmafjb's profile photo
inmafjb
04/17/2012 5:18 p.m.

The truth is that they did not give me the solution when in glucometer at crosses.Do you know who I have to ask for it?To the pharmaceutical company?Another thing is that I think so much margin especially because it is not the same to have 300 and peak than 200 and much when having to make corrections.

Inmafjb: The telephone is according to the glucometer you have.In mine, the USB control, puts it in configuration at the end of the whole.And it is free.It also comes to you on the website.If you tell me which one you can give you more data or give you the number.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
04/18/2012 8:02 a.m.

Normally the control solution comes inside the glucometer box ...:-/

DiabetesForo
04/19/2012 2:18 p.m.

The contour link comes without control solution and I imagine that the USB is not .....

DiabetesForo
04/19/2012 4:55 p.m.

I have an accu chek aviva and I came without control solution

iris's profile photo
iris
04/19/2012 5:12 p.m.

A laps with the control solution.I have Bayer's USB and I consider whether I need it or not, to check if my data is reliable.It is not that they are serious or anything but to know.They did not give me the control solution in the hospital with the box so can you ask for free?Should the doctor ask for a recipe?Isn't it much and do you buy it?Tell me your cases

pike's profile photo
pike
10/16/2015 9:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

I did not know that there could be so much lack of control with the controls., said this seems like a word game.But can someone tell me if the freestyle is reliable???It is the one that gave me in the SS.The one to prick my fingers.

DiabetesForo
10/16/2015 10:14 a.m.

I use the freestyle lite and I am very happy.The average of the glucometer block with that of the Dexcom and with the last 2 we have had

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/16/2015 4:08 p.m.

My girl used the Freestyle Insulinx and although we have had to call 2 times for us to change it, the latter is going well, the control solution we ask for by phone, they sent it for free and also another spare glucometer (a freestyle lite)

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/17/2015 12:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.