Diabetes school agenda

Velia's profile photo   04/18/2012 5:57 a.m.

Navigating the network I have found this link that contains a school agenda for children and adolescents.

It is prepared by Elizabeth Déniz Suárez, and reviewed by Dr. Raquel Barrio Castellanos, who is a pediatric endocrinologist at Ramón y Cajal hospital in Madrid.
Let's see if it serves you.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/18/2012 5:57 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia, is very good ...... But in the schools do teachers do all that?Are they going to click the glucagon?

I tell you because I am a psychopedagogue and I have had to be in both primary and high school and high school, for example, what is done is immediately called 112 and zero player.: Twisted:

romevila's profile photo
romevila
04/18/2012 11:28 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Given any urgency in the school, it is called 112. If it is hypoglycemia in which they can eat, they would be given sugar or juices, but we are prohibited by law to give any other medication.They can not be given an aspirin, much less injections.To carry that follow -up, an ATS is needed in schools and institutes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/18/2012 7:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The normal thing is that they do not take over, but in some schools, some teachers do control, they give juices, and have even committed to putting the glucagon (with authorization, of course) ... and now I speak of their own experience, whenAngela began to measure alone in the school, I left the teacher some notes with the guidelines to do after control, I also took the picture of how to act in the face of hypoglycemia, so that they took it into account if it happened ...Do not tell me that if a teacher sees a conscious but disoriented diabetic child, he will not be able to give him a juice, and more if he is spoiled ... no, if it will be better to let him be, and when after 1/2 hour he arrives112 we get our hands to our heads ...
Regina, is it prohibited by law?Well, Angela's teacher promised to do it if she had the time (it is not that it was a lot of help, but well, better than anything) ...
Well, in any case if someone serves the agenda, because great, that I think is about what it is about.Because having a school age -age child can be a very very complicated stage.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/19/2012 5:22 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Even if it costs me, I also understand the other part ... I know that a teacher is for what he is and not to serve our children with diabetes, that if he is pending control he has 14 or 15 more that God knows if I do not knowThey will be eating the plasticine or cutting the baby to the next door ... It is true that our children need a different attention, because it is sometimes vital attention, and all that is clear would be resolved with a nurse in the school, but as unfortunatelyIn most of them that figure does not exist, and our children have the right to education ... so, to see what we do.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/19/2012 5:44 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Notice in advance that I don't want to go into polemic, I simply express my opinion.For teachers who affirm that "by law" they are prohibited from administering up to an aspirin, I would like to know because I have not found that aforementioned "law", in return I will mention one called a penal code and specifically "denial ofAid "and also this" omission of the duty of relief. "I am totally in favor of the ATS in the choles, but the reality is that this figure does not exist in the immense majority of the schools of Spain, and that we stay in salvos to the sky "... there should be ... they would have toput".Diabetic children attend schools here and now, they need assistance.Thanks to all teachers and auxiliaries who, without exactly their work and skipping the "law", take care and worry that our children with integrated diabetes and enjoy a schooling like that of the other children, thank you very much.And to those who covered by the "law" are extended to serve a three -year little boy for example, in their conscience they will carry it, and it only remains for me to say "he who does not have to wait."

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/19/2012 7:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Mornita, as soon as it is called 112, there is no denial of help.Of course there will be teachers who, under their responsibility, offer to put glucagon, I among them, but if there were any adverse reaction, parents could make a complaint for professional intrusion, even if an authorization has signed.
It is what there is, and I speak to you as a teacher and mother of a diabetic girl, who was too.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/19/2012 7:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Parents cannot make a complaint for professional intrusion, in any case the corresponding professional college and a concrete action could be done to address an emergence situation does not imply professional intrusion, or if you attend to someone who gives him a heart attackThe street performing a cardiac massage (in the case you know how to do it) until the ambulance arrives is a professional instrument?And even if you call 112, if you know the procedure to address the emergency situation, your duty as a public official is to act from there, the denial of help derives, in fact in 112 when they pass you with the doctor they will indicate the action to follow.Look I do not want to continue, because the demons take me, it is a matter of humanity and point, some people have it and others do not, the excuses for those who create them, if you have the training and you can attend to a child who is sufferingA hypoglycima, you are very ...... to call 112 and wash your hands.I assure you that no child as a child with diabetes will report you for that but on the contrary, we are going to hear!

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/19/2012 8:10 a.m.

Of course I would put the glucagon and I have said it, but what cannot be denounced for not doing so.
I have learned well with the protocol of educational centers in case of hypoglycemia:
If the student is aware: Manage sugars
If you are unconscious: call 112
If any teacher is instructed and willing to perform it voluntarily: manage glucagon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/19/2012 10:11 a.m.

If the teacher is instructed by the parents (who but), he has the written consent of the parents and has the telephone supervision of 112 ... is obliged to put the glucagon.
Not doing so is denial of help ... In my opinion (and I hope that if a case arrives, so outside the corresponding judge).
I speak of legal requirement

On a human level, someone who refuses to put a glucagon in an emergency situation is a ********

THE LINK:

And other links:

More complex is insulin ... although with a 400 in the glucometer we could also consider that it is an urgency.

It is still inconceivable that medical service is required in companies and not in schools with more than 100 people: shock:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/19/2012 2:01 p.m.

How can you not report?First there is a ghost "law" that prohibits a teacher from attending an emergency situation such as glycagon to severe hypoglycemia, and you cannot denounce the school for not guaranteeing your child's safety, going to tell that argument to a judge, he will love (the judges also have children).You can always go to the courts and courts, it is a constitutional right, too good we are the parents of children with diabetes who are not all day in court, because in the case of our children there are flagrant cases of discrimination, they areThey deny their most fundamental rights, such as security and health, their present and future health is put at risk.The teachers are adults, the politicians are adults, the union leaders of the teachers are adults, but before a judge the interest of the child will always prevail above all.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/19/2012 8:02 p.m.

Power, you can report what you want, but it is not the obligation of the teaching staff, it is voluntary.We are not health personnel.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/19/2012 8:36 p.m.

Permission ... My daughter -in -law is a Kindergarten teacher at the unprofession of the Government School, has a four -year -old student with a bomb, the mother has a request and has a nurse who attends it in the classroom and in the cafeteria since theTomorrow until he leaves in the afternoon, and clarified to my daughter -in -law that she was there to serve him only for more any emergency.

Power, you can report what you want, but it is not the obligation of the teaching staff, it is voluntary.We are not health personnel.

Here Regina is right, my granddaughter is five years old and is allergic to nuts, my daughter -in -law is a teacher of the teacher (the same school) and spoke to her if she could give her an epinephrine injection to keep her in the room in case ofAn emergency and if he could administer it and she told him yes.But it is not the teacher's obligation to do so and it is with the authorization of my daughter -in -law in writing.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/23/2012 5:13 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

before any urgency in the school, it is called 112. If it is hypoglycemia in which they can eat, they would be given sugar or juices, but we are prohibited by law to giveAny other medication.They can not be given an aspirin, much less injections.To carry that follow -up, an ATS is needed in schools and institutes.

The same thing here.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/23/2012 5:16 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Well, in the end I got into a prenao :)).I have nothing against the teachers, I am not saying that they have to occupy children with diabetes in the choles, but they are the adult in charge of a group of children, as such they want it or not,They have responsibilities, not having an obligation does not mean that the time comes, if something will happen, you have no consequences by omission.We are talking about addressing a vital emergency situation such as hypoglycemia (or the example you have given of shock by allergic reaction) really think teachers, school, and the corresponding department, which in case unfortunately for not attending immediatelySomething happened to a child, with current legislation would they have any responsibility?That is, you fall into the street on a sidewalk in poor condition and compensate you, but you are a child with diabetes and your teacher can look the other way until you are unconscious.I do not know who advises the group of teachers, but well I see that by force of repeating a "lie" it becomes true.
Now another question, what happens the teachers do not do first aid courses, in my work they give them, and I am not in charge of 20 or 30 children, of course it has nothing to do with the health sector.A reflection, as a person can disconnect both emotionally from another human being, in this case much more vulnerable for being a child, to leave him to his fate?I understand that teachers have a lotI stay with the conscience very calm, I am sorry to say this but in the hands of who our children are.
And Regina, as a teacher and mother of a girl with diabetes, must be hard to live with co -workers who think like this, uff! I think an ulcer would come out

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/24/2012 7:19 p.m.

Mornita, it is not that "think like that", it is not that students do not worry, of course, but not everyone is prepared to put an injection.I have colleagues who get dizzy just by seeing a needle and I don't tell you anything if it's glucagon.And they are in their right, that is not their work.
Anyway there will always be someone at the school who undertakes to do it.But they cannot be forced.
Where you have to focus all the efforts is that there is an ATS in the school.We are not going to ask as much as they have in the US, as Nana, an ATS per diabetic child, which would be logical, (children with disability have individualized personnel for their needs, although ours are not considered as such, and that, I have nothing clear to benefit us).

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/24/2012 7:39 p.m.

We will never get to an understanding, for what for you it is a "student" for me is "my son", the boy in my eyes, what I want most in this world, and that someone dare to tell me that having my child in front of unconsciousIt would not help him because it is not his obligation, it is not his work, Tarlé, it will trala ...do they deny that?I prefer to leave it here, because although I understand the reasons you argue, they do not convince me, you say that teachers care about their students and much, if that was a good teacher, he would really worry and at least learn how to act in case of emergency with that student, his student, who has diabetes, did not want to miss respect, but everything else is milongas.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/25/2012 5:48 p.m.

Fortunately, in our school they have occupied themselves, but I am aware that we have had tremendous luck because now since the Ministry of Education is something that "deny you."

helora's profile photo
helora
07/09/2012 9:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.