Insulin-Carbs adjustment

carmen ferradas's profile photo   04/20/2012 12:27 p.m.

Hello, I have this question, I calculate the insulin doses Example 1/15, 1/10 1/20, but what happens when you go by 1/5 for example, how is the calculation done from there?My son is at 1/10 breakfast but my question is like making the calculation when it goes 1/5 or less?

carmen ferradas's profile photo
carmen ferradas
04/20/2012 12:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Carmen, if what you want to say is that a fast unit covers different grams of hydrates, you have to make a proportion to calculate insulin.Normally 1 fast unit, metabolizes 10 g of hydrates, but depends on each and weight.If you are 1/10, you can continue like this.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/20/2012 5:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If for 10 grams of hydrates you used to put a unit, for 40 you put 4. That is easy.

If the proportion goes down to one unit for every 5 grs, it is also easy: divides the GRS.of hydrates that will take between 5 and will give you the number of units to put.
I don't know if that's what you asked.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/21/2012 6:38 p.m.

Thanks alea, if I have it clear, but when it is in 1/5 and assuming that that 1/5 is not working, how do I still calculate?

carmen ferradas
04/21/2012 9:04 p.m.

Isn't it easier for you to raise insulin?

It is the same 1/5 as 2/10, right?

So if it goes down 1/5, it is better to think of 1.5/5 or something ...

DiabetesForo
04/22/2012 3:24 a.m.

Carmen, I don't understand your question ...: Oops::-/ To see if you can clarify me.: D

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/22/2012 6:54 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I use rechargeable bolis and I can prick 0.5 insulin units, is it what you mean?

DiabetesForo
04/22/2012 7:07 a.m.

It is the insulin /car car calculation, habita and velia, for example I am already putting my son at breakfast 1 unit for each 10 grams of carbs, my question was if when X 1/5 goes one unit for every 5 spells ofCarbs as it continued to do the insulin carbohydrate

carmen ferradas
04/22/2012 8:53 a.m.

To calculate the fast dose, divide the grams of hydrates that it eats among which a unit covers.

If 100g is going to eat and it is at 1/5 (as you say), divide 100 by 5 and give you 20 fast units.But that will never happen to you, because it is a fast barbarity.
The normal is that you have to divide by 10, because it will not go from 1/10.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/22/2012 8:57 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My God as 1/1o - or a 1/5 if I don't know what is that as a medis like this?I read, even if it is some old post like this and you learn a lot
Also, they are questions that are very close since with the same problem ... I feel in the place of the one who has the doubt but already with this language ... I lose myself, "merit for the one who knows what is goingThe question "

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/27/2012 4:40 p.m.

My God as 1/1o - or a 1/5 if I don't know what is that how medis like this?I read, even if it is some old post like this and you learn a lot
Also, they are questions that are very close since with the same problem ... I feel in the place of the one who has the doubt but already with this language ... I lose myself, "merit for the one who knows what is goingThe question "

Well Aurora enters this forum to seek help, not for me to criticize my language, first TNT and now Aurora2 .. It is supposed to be a forum to deal with diabetes and share doubts not to criticize ... a bit of Ethics Aurora2....

carmen ferradas
04/28/2012 1:33 p.m.

Thanks to Owash and Regina who answered my doubts, such as Owash and Regina there should be more people in this forum ...

carmen ferradas
04/28/2012 1:37 p.m.

I don't think Aurora's comment has been so critical ... He simply says he doesn't understand the question.
He even says he feels identified with the one who asks the question.

He probably does not know, to write in capital letters, on the Internet can be interpreted as screaming.

And sometimes interpreting what another means is difficult.

DiabetesForo
04/28/2012 2:06 p.m.

Hi Carmen, first of all I apologize, woman, I do not criticize your way of writing, much less, I just said, for me with 10 years of diabetes
(That I would have to be shame
For the one who knows what is going, that I hope I also knew that it is going ... that's why I'm here and I enter, even if only to read the comments because on the one hand or another I feel like I ask the question, because I have manyDoubts, how did I know a way of writing from anyone?If I am the first one that before sending my messages, I read it a thousand times?because between orthofraphy faults and if my question is understood, that there are times that I write as if you were in front and I think, that
You interpreted it as a criticism when I assure you of a heart that was not my intention, so this morning when I entered to see some things here,!I hu!that he is very tired and that he is very hungry, I put my hair on end and I think about it .. I inherit it from me .. And I worry clearly, because I am a mother, do not think that I criticize your question or way of writing because..

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/29/2012 5:48 a.m.

Carmen, it happened to me like Velia, I did not understand the question, so I have not opined and I understand that it is the same thing that happened to Aurora.Instead of getting angry, it would have been more practical to clarify the question to those who are a little dumb;) and thus would have obtained more answers: D, because in this forum, except exceptions (which are no longer there) we are all to help in themeasure of our possibilities: D

DiabetesForo
04/29/2012 6:54 a.m.

Yes, Prado is what happens, that I did not understand the form that put the units and look ... where my ignorance arrived and on top of it, but without wanting to offend, just as Owash says, that writing in capital letters is like screaming, because I did not realize that from outside it looks like this, apart from diabetes I already learned something about writing too, in short .. Good weekend !!!And with the small letter hahaha

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/29/2012 8:09 a.m.

Excuse me aurora2, I was only misunderstood .. I am also new in the forum .... a greeting

carmen ferradas
04/29/2012 9:33 a.m.

If Carmen, a poorly understood but well ... Everything is already solved what matters.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/29/2012 1:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.