Doubts about the bomb I don't know what to do

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/23/2010 4:42 p.m.

Hello everyone, well to wish them a nice weekend, the second is to comment on something that is around my head, I have several doubts about the bomb.They have given me to look at how it is used to put it in short, it is the Medtronic Paradigm I see.1º For 4 years I take care of myself eating well and doing sports, the problem is that I have never managed to have the sugar at all my last hemo was 10 (if quite high) was because of lipodystrophy since sometimes I sulked quickly andI do not realize whether the area has a lipo or not, before it was chubby, but since I take care I have stayed at 47 kilos, although it threws a lot at the beginning and I stay with very little weight, then I stayed in my ideal weight, lately I feel like a little more fans and my fear is when putting the pump take weight ... I don't know if when I put it I will take more weight for the increase in insulin.2nd When I sleep I move a lot and I am afraid that with the cable I get tangled or something and it is left without insulin or the pump falls to the floor.3rd worries me when exercising, because apparently you cannot be disconnected more than an hour from the pump and then what insulin will my body have?And well, it is not very funny to always wear a device with me.As much as they say I see it a little armed and I do not know if I will feel comfortable with her, the thing is that I can no longer back, since their work will have cost them so that now I go and say no.Another thing that gives me panic is that the cannula bends as it has happened to many and I take the scare of my life ... Anyway there are many doubts, I know that I have to talk to my educator but I do not want to look like a capricious, I haven't had the occasion either.Well, thank you for listening to me, what do I do?kisses

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/23/2010 4:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What are you doing?Well, put on the pump: D, if after a time to use it you do not adapt you can return it and return to the bolis.It is very normal for you to have many doubts but with the use they will disappear ..... it is much more comfortable than it seems and the controls will improve a lot if you keep taking care of yourself.
I have been a bomber for 5 years and I have not fattened anything, what fattens is food, not insulin, or the pump.
As for the exercise, I do not take it off, I go to run and do hiking and I do not disconnect it but you will see it with the experience, little by little.

A kiss

DiabetesForo
07/24/2010 6:58 a.m.

Remember that the bomb, for now, does not work alone.

You have to know its operation, its possibilities and its advantages ... just as many people are doing well there are also a percentage of people who do not do well.

The pump alone will not modify the weight or glycosilada or the general control of diabetes ... who modifies those things is the person by better controlling food, insulin, exercise, blood glucose ......

DiabetesForo
07/24/2010 7:03 a.m.

What do you have doubts ...? Well, that's very good.You are on the right track and you will learn soon.At the moment you are going to put the bomb.You are young, you have a lot of life ahead and the bomb will facilitate it.Sure.A veteran tells you.I have been pump for eight years.I recently broke the first and now they have given me the same one that they have given you.I am veteran (in addition to much greater than you).And when I was a beginner I had the same or more doubts as you.You will learn to put it on the place that is least noticed, that less hinders you, where you least see it so as not to remember that you carry a pot hanging ... and surely you will in the end you will invent a mechanism that allows you to take it in bed without any problemAs much as you go around while sleeping.If we have all done it.For example, do you know what the Nobecuta is?Well, you will see how you are an expert in a short time ...
And also soon, you will be in this forum encouraging and telling all the new the abilities discovered.Sure.
And until then, and then also, you will continue to have doubts.And poor of you the day you don't have them ...
But the bomb or touch it!Do not go through your head the idea of ​​taking it away when you have not yet put it, girl.Give yourself a margin.The early days are somewhat complicillos because you do not know very well what to do, because you take off the catheter, etc.Normal.And, sure, more than once they will make you want to hit it and throw it on the balcony ... or touch it!If you are worth it, remember that with the bomb you have become the club of the privileged people who can control their annoying diabetes well.
Well, lady, don't roll up anymore.Here you have a friendly firefighter to share your doubts and, above all, to encourage us.

And don't stop doubting ...!

DiabetesForo
07/24/2010 11:48 a.m.

Thank you very much from the heart for answering and encouraging me so much, I know it is normal to be afraid of the new, but I prefer this to have a very bad quality of life.My lipodystrophy makes me very difficult for the disease and the best thing will be to put the bomb, at least try it.Prado maybe you didn't earn weight because your hemo was normal, right?But my hemo is 10 and of course I do not know if my body when I receive so much insulin begins to gain weight ... in veteran end thank you very much for your words or letters rather haha, I promise you that when I feel like throwing the pump forThe balcony, I will think about what you have told me XD.By the way you have an unconditional friend to speak and whatever.A very strong kiss and thanks from the heart for having responded so affectionately

DiabetesForo
07/24/2010 8:12 p.m.

Let's see ... what do you mean by "receiving so much insulin"?You will have to put the insulin necessary to maintain good control and it is clear that with a 10 control hemo is not good if your weight is low you will recover the normal weight and as soon as you manage to stabilize and have a good hem, controlling what you eat andexercising you will keep your weight without problems.In your case I would worry more about lowering that hemoglobin than weight ....: D

DiabetesForo
07/26/2010 4:19 a.m.

My daughter either took anything weight.In any case, I think you should worry more about lowering that hemoglobin than the rest ... look at that goal, and you will have time to adjust everything else when you are well controlled.
Courage, you'll see how you get it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/26/2010 5:37 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

My problem is not just that ... I don't tell you anything because I don't want to look like the silly typical that only cares about its weight.It is that I go through a very hard disease, I get very thin and obsess a lot with the weight ... I am currently in my ideal weight, and I have my curves and the least I want is to get on and get again, it happens very badly ...Today I have put the monitor and I am a bit annoying, will it happen to me with the bomb?A very big kiss and I hope you understand me a little, I love talking to you I feel very supported.=) Thank you

DiabetesForo
07/26/2010 7:57 p.m.

The bomb bothers ...?What's up!
The first they invented fifty years ago.Check out a look on the next page:

Until now you wore a mobile ..., now you have two.The first allows you to communicate and the second allows you to live better.
That is what you should not forget.
Cheer up!

DiabetesForo
07/27/2010 2:29 p.m.

^^ Thank you very much for your veteran help, I don't know what I would do without this forum and without my nurse!I know I will get used to the bomb, I want to have a good quality of life even if my fears drowned sometimes.A very big kiss and thank you very much for the web ^^

DiabetesForo
07/28/2010 12:52 p.m.

The sensor with the pump has nothing to do with the pump, the pump cannula is smaller, I suppose you will notice something strange in your body, but you will get used to it soon.Angela got used to the few hours of carrying her.
You are already telling us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/28/2010 1:35 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Do not worry woman, I think we have all passed through there, I was happy and scared at the same time ... after 6 months I do not want to return to the bolis or coña! Do not worry about the cable, etc.Learning, the only thing that I still do not control is exercise.I encourage, you'll see how well: mrgreen:

paula's profile photo
paula
07/30/2010 9:26 a.m.

Hello Tot@s, I advise you that without fail you imply the educator and ask everything that goes through your head and that you give you answers that you understand well.
Encouragement and health.: D

DiabetesForo
08/19/2010 3:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.