{'en': 'Heat glucose climb', 'es': 'Subida de glucosa por la calor'} Image

Heat glucose climb

paula's profile photo   07/30/2010 9:36 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to consult a little thing, I am realizing that with heat (not with the poles :)), since I don't like) I get the glucose a lot and many times I am correcting every 2 by 3, but nothing.

I do not know if it happens to you and what do you do to get it down, I am from Jaén and I live in La Mancha. Imagine that Fresquito does in both places!

At first I changed the catheter ahead of time thinking that I was clogged, but it is a lot of coincidence that just two days they all obstruct.

I had also thought about the basal, what do you think?

Thanks in advance;)

paula's profile photo
paula
07/30/2010 9:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To my daughter the heat goes down, it does not rise to him, but each one is a world.
If the climbs are common, I would touch the basal, to adapt the guideline.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 4:10 p.m.

of the bomb no idea ........

The heat goes down, and enough

Normally I get 2-3 units the basal ... which is a fuck

DiabetesForo
07/31/2010 12:47 p.m.

Thank you very much for answering, the truth would have left me a little fly, the fact is that I asked the endo and told me that yes, that the heat raised the glucose ...:-/ well I will climb the basal a little, thanks fromnew

paula's profile photo
paula
08/01/2010 4:01 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
How curious, when I went to the educator with my husband, he commented if he influenced the heat in glucose, because he told us that nothing, hahahaha
Here each one says a different thing, and who to believe?
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
08/01/2010 4:09 p.m.

Curious answer to the endocrine, because so I know what you are talking about with people throughout your life as a diabetic, I think that the average glucose figures are lowered when the summer arrives.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/02/2010 9:43 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, if, I also lowered me in summer, but I don't know if because of the heat or because I make lighter meals ....

DiabetesForo
08/02/2010 5:41 p.m.

But how can it be?: Shock :: Shock: Jo, I don't understand it, my endocrine then took my hair well taken!So what punch does the glucose upload so much?Could it be that I am developing insulin resistance?I don't know how to solve this enigma, please!: EVIL:

paula's profile photo
paula
08/04/2010 10:43 p.m.

Insulin in the reservoir can be degraded with heat, you have to change it more often .... Heat can also cause more bubbles to form in the cable, or in the reservoir ....
Your activity may be less intense than in winter ...
Do not give many laps, Angela goes down in summer when she exercises (pool, beach ...), but if it is inactive we have to put much more insulin.
Adjust basal and do not eat the jar much.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/05/2010 4:48 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia, for your understanding, but I also have another question, since these heats began every time I change reservoir I have problems, I always have to be changing it 2 or 3 times, today for example I have put it new and before theDinner I check the glucose, I was 265 mg, and when I correct it, it makes me no infusion, I had to change it again ... My question is whether you know if fat interferes or not, is that I have a belly and it's all fat andI had thought about putting it on my leg that such, but I understand that in the limbs it is much faster, have you tried?How was it?

paula's profile photo
paula
08/05/2010 5:09 p.m.

If the cable is primed, the insulin comes out perfectly and the error of non -infusion comes out when you put the bolus it is clear that the cannula must be crashing with something that prevents insulin from coming out, tries to get up from the chair (if you are sitting), or asYou say the insertion site changes (your climbs may be due to it) .... We put it in the buttock, we use the posterior and external parts of this (never in the center) ... You may have to ask for helpTo place it but it is an area where it usually works very well ...
Juan Luis has put on his leg several times, but it is more annoying ...
See and have the precaution of making it capillary more often, lest you need less insulin than you are using now for the abdominal zone.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/06/2010 7:03 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia, the truth is that I am a little scary to put it in my leg, but it is clear that I have to try new areas, because in the belly, I already tell you ... I will tell you when I try, we will continue in contact.
A hug.

paula's profile photo
paula
08/06/2010 7:17 p.m.

paula said:
hello everyone, I wantedMany times I am correcting me every 2 by 3, but nothing.I do not know if it happens to you and what do you do to get it down, I am from Jaén and I live in the stain. Imagine that Fresquito does in both places!At first I changed the catheter ahead of time thinking that I was clogged, but it is a lot of coincidence that just two days they all obstruct.I had also thought about the basal, what do you think?Thanks in advance;)

DiabetesForo
07/30/2016 4 p.m.

Hello Paula, the same is happening to you that I don't get off what I can do to solve it thanks

DiabetesForo
07/30/2016 4:25 p.m.

It also happens to me, this summer I work in a fire turret exposed a lot to heat and as excessive heat has commented to insulin.I have thought about buying a LS cold bag that I saw that it was already discussed in another thread.The bad thing about correcting it by raising the basal is that they can produce drops if the temperatures descend .... They also know about people who change the catheter every 2 days instead of every 3 in summer because the last day the glucose levels say the glucose levels the glucoseincrease

JSS's profile photo
JSS
08/01/2016 4:08 p.m.

Well, my daughter is also affecting the heat a lot, it is rare that we get off the 200 unless we go to the pool and then it goes down, but if it is between 200 and even 400 it has arrived, it is desperate, II don't know what to do anymore, the fast insulin has been uploaded but it seems that it puts water instead of insulin because we do not notice that it does anything of effect.The endocrine this last time already told us that it was very complicated because it is still small but I don't know something should be done to try to lower these high glutemia.Anyway, the poor is going through, because he can eat ice cream on top of these high glycemia.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
08/04/2016 11:57 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

@Rosi, the heat may not be nosty, but it has grown and needs more insulin. If it is high all day and wakes up, it needs more basal.
After adjusting the basal, you also adjust the fast ones, if necessary
Children need more insulin as they grow.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/04/2016 12:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And what would you do @regina would upload the slow night or the morning, this morning, for example, it has risen to 300 and night for dinner and at 3 hours of dinner at 240, I do not understand how it works.Thank you.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
08/04/2016 12:20 p.m.

If you wake up high, it begins by uploading a unit the Levemir of the night, and wait two or three days to make another adjustment.
Watch that night with an early morning control.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/04/2016 1:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you @regina, I upload to 3 units of Levemir at night and great change, now it is at normal levels when you get up.Thank you really for the help you are great.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
08/12/2016 10:01 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.