Espaana Health System

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/30/2010 1:47 p.m.

Hi, I'm new in the forum.My name is Adriana.
I am about to move to Spain to do postgraduate studies.I have more than one anus with type 1 diabetes and I am really interested in knowing how the health system is.
I currently live in Ireland and from experience, I know that the government helps us a lot for the treatment of diabetes with free access to clinics and medicines.
Is there a similar service in Spain?
Could someone guide me with this?
Greetings,
Adriana;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 1:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In Spain, health is very good, and free.We only pay a symbolic amount for insulin (less than 3 euros the box)
Anyway, you must inform yourself in Ireland, because it will depend on the agreements between the two countries.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
07/30/2010 4:13 p.m.

It is recommended that you talk to the Ireland embassy ... on the subject of the assistance card, you will have to make a resident and request the health card or request the European health card in Ireland.
It is also likely that in the university where you come have some kind of service that can help you.

What Alea said, in Spain all medications are free or almost free.
For insulin we pay 10% of the price, just like the strips for glucometers.

Visits to the doctor (endocrine) are free ... 1 visit is usually made every 3-4 months.

The analytics are also free

DiabetesForo
07/31/2010 12:44 p.m.

Where I live (Fuenlabrada, Madrid), I pay nothing more than insulin, strips, lancets and capillary glymia devices they provide them without any cost.

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
09/15/2010 8:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.