Doubt, almost stop eating.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/01/2012 10:43 a.m.

Well, it turns out that I am a diabetic for a year and a few months ... and I have put a lot of weight.Before being diabetic, as 3 years before, I had a few months of stopping eating, in plan that I did not have breakfast, I had little lunch and at night, fruit (2 pieces or so) and lost a lot of weight and then it cost me to recover it.
Of course, it was not diabetic before.It turns out that my doubts come because of course, when eating very little almost always without fat and without sugar, my body does not increase glucose and clear levels, I do not inject myself because of course, hypoglycemia would be served.

I care little to eat drastically because I have willpower.I have lost 4 kg in a week of healthy food and in small quantity (for my little quantity it is a chicken fillet with a brief lettuce garrison) do not imagine what I ate until a week ago!And of course, this has been worried because I am currently 94.1 and I want to stay in 80 kg which at this rate could cost me a little time.If it is true that in the little that as I do not lack neither vegetables nor meat, nor fish nor fruit.

I have some wave for the acetone roll.I have thought of calling the doctor this week, but I am excited losing weight and the truth is that I would like to achieve my goal.

Have you ever done this?What do you think?Is it dangerous?

Clarify that although not as I do not exercise, I have stopped doing it a month ago and when I return to the 80 kg would start again and increase the food, of course.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/01/2012 10:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Don't do it!For a diabetic, HC is essential to avoid acetone.You will have to look for another diet ...

He thinks that the kidneys can suffer a lot if he makes a dunkan type diet and if we add the diabetes ... bad.
Surely with a balanced diet and playing sports in a few months you get your weight.In addition, it is true of the rebound when you lose weight very fast

tica's profile photo
tica
05/01/2012 11:02 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

And even consuming HC, in small quantity, I still go from 160 mg/dl of sugar ... and I do not inject, it does not have problems, right?

DiabetesForo
05/01/2012 11:13 a.m.

But ... what kind of diabetes did they diagnose you?What treatment do you have?It is not normal for glycemia in 160 without insulin, since it tends to rise.Have you measured the acetone in urine?If it gives you positive, it is sure to be the cause of rapid weight loss, such as when a non -diabetic person makes a protein diet.And it is what type of diet is very harmful to diabetics.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
05/01/2012 11:45 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

DB Type 1, Ultima Hemo 6.2.Novorapid and Levemir 18 ADADES Daily.

DiabetesForo
05/01/2012 11:48 a.m.

Holass

I imagine that Levemir will continue to put it on.
That does not eat HC does not mean that blood glucose does not rise ... It is a situation similar to when you had, although without eating so much.

For me it is simpler to put a piece of bread, eat fewer protein and more vegetables ... I do not eliminate the HC, I do not completely delete the proteins and I still eat "green."

Without exercising you have very difficult to continue weight ... You have to burn calories, there is no more.
What will lose weight is not to eat less but spend more calories.

To consider losing very fast weight is buying all tickets to see a failure.
4 kg in 1 month is a reasonable objective, much more than that is to tempt luck and rebound (as in hypoglycemia) is assured.

Think that if you get a glycosilada every 3 months, and you set out to lose 4 kilos in 1 month, you will have dropped 12 kg ...

For me the ideal exercise is one of low intensity (avoidance of rapid hypos), long duration (minimum 1h 30 min) and high frequency (minimum 5 days a week).
Walking fast is about 500 kcal/hour ... In an hour and a half you have the ideal exercise to burn calories.

DiabetesForo
05/01/2012 12:24 p.m.

Alfimir if I keep putting on, that is impeccable and the exercise is for the studies.I'm about 40 min every day.I tell you that what has a little reluctant to me is acetone, I'll look at it tonight.
P.D: Sorry for my spelling but I usually write from the mobile.

DiabetesForo
05/01/2012 12:38 p.m.

If you eat low calorie hydrates every 3-4 hours, (vegetables, fruits and some legumes once a week) you reduce the protein to 135 g of fish or 100 g of meat a day at food or dinner and increase the walk reachingThe hour and a half, surely you lose weight slowly and without rebound effect.

You have the advantage that you are on a honeymoon so it does not raise glycemia much and you have no ketosis yet.
But if you do so much abstinence you will accelerate the process of degeneration of the pancreas and the honeymoon will be shortened.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/31/2016 9:36 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@mestresso I advise you to go to a doctor or nutritionist who tells him to lose weight soon and fast and tell you.
On your own, don't do it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2016 9:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@mestresso, losing so much weight in such a short time does not usually work for the rebound effect, as soon as you leave it you will upload again.
I have lost 17 kilos in 10 months that gives an average of less than 2 kilos a month and for now I still eat normal every day about 12 rations of carbohydrates and I stay.
My advice if my experience is slowly and good lyrics !!!You get used to a way of eating and always preserving.

DiabetesForo
06/06/2016 4:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.