High glucose in the morning - Type 2 Diabetes

kim's profile photo   08/11/2010 7:33 a.m.

Hello everyone.Volume 3 Dianben 850 a day for a year.During the day I have the glucose below 120, but in the morning I have it in 140, almost always.what I do?

kim's profile photo
kim
08/11/2010 7:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Kim:

Normally at two hours of dinner it marks me more glucose than throughout the day but I do not pass 100, try to dinner vegetables, salads and few amounts and especially exercise in the afternoon.

Greetings,

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
08/11/2010 10:21 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Welcome Kim

I imagine that blood glucose will do it on an empty stomach, as soon as you get up ...

140 is a somewhat high value, with the dose of Dianben you carry you should have it better controlled ... although perhaps they have only been a couple of days.
Try to do what cloud says, reduce carbohydrates and compose vegetables a bit ...

In any case, you should also fix yourself in glycosylated hemoglobin ... if it is below 7, to reduce that small peak in the morning you would have good control.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/11/2010 11:38 a.m.

Thanks Cloud and Wash, I will follow your advice

kim's profile photo
kim
08/12/2010 8:25 a.m.

Well, 140 does not seem very high for a diabetic.I would not excessively prevents me if you have a good gly.However, it is true that according to your age it should be more or less strict in metabolic control.

Hyperglycemia early in the morning may be due to the phenomena of Alba or the Somogy phenomenon.

The Alba phenomenon is that blood glucose is increasing during the night a night insulin deficit (it is solved by putting more insulin at night).

The Somogy phenomenon is a hyperglycemia reactive to hypoglycemia during sleep.

The way to differentiate them is to glymia at 2-3 in the morning.

In your case you do not use insulin so it is simply that with metformin it is not enough (metformin does not cause hypoglycemia).I have put it before if it helps other people.

Maybe you could benefit from a combination with another type of oral antidibetic.But I already tell you, that I would only insist on more metabolic control if you are young or if your glys are high.

Greetings and I hope it helps you.

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/11/2010 3:40 p.m.

For us those of type 2, 140 is not a good fasting value ... You must try to get closer as much as possible to the values ​​of a healthy person ... avoid carbohydrate at dinner time: protein, vegetables and salad is whatindicated ... do not eat late, and if you can take a walk even if it is 30 minutes it will make you more than good ... greetings ...

nury's profile photo
nury
08/02/2016 11:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.