What to do when sugar goes down

Borgia's profile photo   05/02/2012 7:12 a.m.

Hello to the group:
Yesterday afternoon I did not feel very good and it occurred to me to measure glucose, seeing that the meter marked only 68.

Scared, because nobody had warned me about what to do in a similar circumstance, it occurred to me -what was read in somewhere -come the content of two sugar and wait.

And while two hours later I measured 166, what something reassured me, I would appreciate if someone explained to me what are the causes that can give rise to a loss of sugar.

Any comments on how to proceed when the values ​​are not normal or from what measure one should really start worrying?

Cordial Salu2.

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
05/02/2012 7:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But Borgia .... Your doctors didn't talk to you about the subject ...? ¿? ¿? ¿?It is one of the first things that have to explain you, you always have to be on guard with the hypos.Honestly runs with the doctor and explain that it is exactly or rather a professional change because I think it is not the one you currently have.
On the Internet there are thousands of pages that explain that it is symptoms and how to lift them, as is Link ... 000386.htm

The luck you have is that you already know the feeling as it is therefore nothing more than suspected you.

Personally I act when I am in less than 80 and what I do is that I take the opportunity to eat a chocolate guide  but you can not take a juice, candies, sugar ...

Quim hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/02/2012 7:39 a.m.

Thanks Quim.The page is very good and there is what I wanted to know.Surely that the doctor will have told me, but at my age the memory is playing bad passes.Before Dianben took and I was perfectly controlled, but since that remedy affected the kidney, they suspended it and began the long way to find something until we finally arrived (for my suggestion) to insulin.

Thank you again and greetings from Gran Canaria.
Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
05/02/2012 8:50 a.m.

Remind us what pharmacological treatment you carry, so we can answer something better.

The theory says that with a juice (with sugar) and a pair of cookies is enough to trace hypoglycemia.
But the type of insulin you take and the time at which it occurs depends.

The sugar (mixed with some liquid or in overlaps) is to trace very fast.
The cookies or a piece of small bread is for glycemia to remain.Table sugar rises glycemia very quickly but also lowers very fast.

They should have advised that you always carry sugar slopes or glucose pills (Glucosport) in case you happen away from home you have something to trace.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/02/2012 11:17 a.m.

Hi Owash:
The treatment consists of taking two rephaklin pills in the morning, half a day and night and applying the insulin when bedtime.

As for insulin I must recognize that I did not strictly follow what the doctor recommends me:

a) If after 3 fasting shots, followed or alternated, I measure 120 or more increased a dose;

b) If it does not go from 80 in any measurement, lower a dossis.

In my ignorance, founded exclusively on the fear of the consequences that the disease can bring and for which I avoided instructing myself on the subject, I reached 24 units and planted .................

But I must recognize that it is not so and that the fault is only mine.

It is that with diabetes, chronic renal insufficiency, heart problems and everything that falls to advanced age already feel like a sour with holes.Water is thrown above and escapes below.

But tonight, convinced, starting a unit.

Thanks friends for patience and good advice.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
05/03/2012 7:59 a.m.

Repaglinide stimulates the insulin secretion of the pancreas artificially.
Normally, when we eat it is the digestive system itself that stimulates the pancreas to produce insulin.

To avoid hypoglycemia, you should always eat carbohydrates in the morning, half and night, that is, provided you take rephaklin.
Carbohydrates: bread, pasta, potatoes, milk, cookies, flours ...
But like the fair price;), eat hydrates without passing: D

If you do not have all that integral, such as pasta or bread, it could be better because its absorption is always a little slower.

DiabetesForo
05/03/2012 2:35 p.m.

Borgia, my advice is that you always carry sugar on top.The Glucosport is very good for those who take effect, to me to overcome an hypo I needed an entire tablet :))
Still the best are the sugar, neither caramelos nor anything, sugar !!I only use the candies when I know that I am going to spend a long time in some place of foot or something and I eat an hour or so (if I have less than 100mg/dl) and more or less I keep myself.

A glass and a half of cocacola for an average hypo also usually come well, however, when it gives me strong .. I am drinking the cocacola and I like a cake if necessary.

I'm going to tell you an experience, one day I had dinner with my father at home and I was going to the center and the bus took 20 minutes or so .. I had dinner a couple of sausages of these Germans (from the length of a third of beer) And little more, but I had punctured me as a normal meal.Well, returning to the stop, being there they assaulted me the idea of ​​measuring the sugar (my meaning meaning ... I say diabetic) and I had 46mg/dl !!!!A hypo as a truck.Total that I thought "I go to the tease that surely is open and buy a" Sevená "... and just the bus ... and it was the last one ... and of course, I would not be left without seeing thecolleagues, so I rode on the bus and what happened to what had to happen.Service from here they carry food and that because in some lines are bored and spent more hungry than dogs), that the uncle did not carry anything of a fucking chance but told me that he had no problem stopping at the door of a bar so thatI got off if I was very bad and in the end the uncle rolled up and ended up giving the bus.

When I got off at the bus stop, I didn't even stand and just entering a bar I said "a Sevená, without ice I don't care, but already" the uncle when I saw me the jeto put it there in 2 seconds.Total that I drink it, I get out of the bar ... and nothing ... that I didn't upload that ...
What do I get good from this?Well, I went a little later at a kiosk, I bought a chocolate cane and a kitkat .. And I zamped it, apart later I got fine bottles and at 4 hours of the hip,After some reeds and such (reeds in two sense) I had 180: Mrgreen :: mrgreen :: mrgreen:
So ... sugar !And care, because that day gave the chance that I did not carry them ... and I hardly count it, believe me I had a fatal.

DiabetesForo
05/03/2012 3:04 p.m.

When I thank you Owash, I will tell you that I am eating pasta very often.And I hope that serves me.
But it is true that if sometimes the things that happen to me despair, due to ignorance of the subject, reassures finding foros like you ready to get one out of the swamp.

A cordial greeting.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
05/03/2012 5:43 p.m.

What a master experience.And I think you do well to tell it, since being we are all exposed to living something similar to us "taking note of it."

And I repeat, as I tell Owash, thanks for the help they give us.

Greetings

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
05/03/2012 5:56 p.m.

Man, I entered here 4 days ago and I like to collaborate, if I didn't have entered the forum.: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
05/03/2012 6:34 p.m.

The problem of the sugar mills is that they end up getting out of the bag and put your pockets or bag.
I sometimes remember to wash pants with a sugar in your pocket: oops :: mrgreen:

That is why glucose pills seem more useful.
Nor do I like tablets, first because the taste they have, I don't like it and then because with a hiccup I do not break the tablet and drink the liquid.

It is true, that with a serious hypo (30 or 40) 1 pill it does not go back at all, but you always have to add something else, cookies or bread or the like, so in the end it gives me one thing as the other.

DiabetesForo
05/05/2012 5:05 a.m.

And I continue with my silly questions .....

This is what I should always walk with the glaumetro in my pocket to control - how much I feel "weird" - if the sugar lowered me?

Because I imagine that you already recognize from experience if that moment arrived and turn to the candies.

Greetings.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
05/05/2012 5:45 a.m.

Borgia, I don't know how much he made you debuted.I debuted a year and 3 months ago.Normally, when I go out of my town I usually carry the "little machine" (as I like to call it) because outside of it I am in a situation in which I am not sure how it is doing.I also take it to party (so I know where I put the limit) and to do sports too.If I recently debuted, I recommend that you take it to meet you, once you know you will know when you have a hypo.

Health!

DiabetesForo
05/05/2012 7:32 a.m.

And well.
We will have to take the "little machine"!just
And so quiet that I lived ............................

Thanks and Salu2

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
05/05/2012 12:50 p.m.

Pedro La Maquinita is for us diabetics as a pacemaker for the heart of heart always with her everywhere.
It is the only thing that guarantees that if you feel bad to know if you are under hypoglycemia and be able to correct it.
Also something sweet to overcome in that case as mentioned above.
Glucosport or juice and you will see little by little so as not to go to hyperglycemia, you wait 15 mins and you see again until you feel better.

I give me symptoms of a lot of tiredness of weak legs, my hand shakes, my head hurts and the heart beats very fast and cold perspiration (walks fucking that happened badly)

greetings and good luck

DiabetesForo
07/16/2015 11 p.m.

Hi, Pedro.If my advice serves you, I will tell you that I always carry a sugary juice brick in my briefcase, and I never leave home without my glucometer.The Bricks D individual juices usually have between 15-20 gr of HC, and when they are drinks, they have a good effect to correct a hypo.I am doing well, although what works for me best is a glass (or a bottle) of Cocacola.They didn't teach me how to act before a hicc.When they diagnosed me, I was 320, and the educator told me that in the first week, I was not going to give a safe hypoglycemia.So, not to saturate information, he summoned me the following week and told me that I would explain how to do when I had a hypo.Well, the good woman was wrong.That week I had my first hypo, and I could recognize it and treat it thanks to this forum.When I returned to the educator's consultation, she recognized her mistake and began to think that after a week of treatment, she was on a honeymoon.And so I continue ...

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
07/17/2015 4:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.