Doubt about fruit.

skinfull's profile photo   08/18/2010 5:36 p.m.

Good, I am new in this diabetes, and I have some doubt.I am type 2 diabetic. With Metformin 850mg x 3.

I am obese type 2 (BMI 39 ypico), and to lose weight the nurse of my health center insists that it is good to take fruit, but that I take it between meals and without passing me.It always tells me about a medium apple-type fruit, pear, orange or slice (3-4 cm x 20 cm) of melon or watermelon (in the watermelon I can spend a little, but in the melon no).

You who have more experience, for the library that you recommend that you save and that the sugar does not upload much?I am doing my apple well, although I don't like any suggestion?

On the other hand: I have observed that even eating only meat/fish (fresh, without sauces, only seasoned) with leaf salad it also goes up although less, if not as HC how is it that sugar suits me?

Thanks in advance.

skinfull's profile photo
skinfull
08/18/2010 5:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In the case of diabetes 2 with oral antidiabetics, hydrates control is different from insulin -dependent, which can control glycemia with insulin.
I don't know which carbohydrate rations you have in your diet.In any case, if you want to chop something that does not upload glycemia you can take some turkey in slices, for example.
The salad, although it has few hydrates, has some.The fruit has more, although the melon, watermelon, strawberries, etc. are the least rich in hydrates.

Proteins (meat, fish, etc.) in theory do not rise glycemia, although in practice they can rise slightly.

Click on the following link and you will have a more complete orientation:

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/18/2010 6:14 p.m.

Hi SKINFULL

Yes, it is important to lower weight because you will improve the absorption of the insulin that your body produces and you will even lower the dose of Dianben you carry.

What is about doing a balanced diet, with the least number of calories as possible without that harming you.
I do not know what kind of exercise or work you will have, but usually with a diet of 1500 kcal you are more than left over ... If you want to lose weight you will probably have to reduce that figure around 1200-1300 kcal
The Kcal are the same, and come from vegetables, fats, hydrates or wherever they are ..... that is, you can make a 2500 kcal diet based on vegetables (which is already eating, of course)
This is the opposite of our bank account .... You have to spend more than you enter: Mrgreen:

What they recommend is to make 5 meals daily and not skip any ... because digestion burns many kcal too.
The fruit outside of meals does not lose weight:-/ I don't understand why the nurse tells you that ...
Making those 5 daily meals (example of hours: 8-11-18-21 hours) You don't have to chop:-/ ... and I already tell you that I am a world pecking representative between hours :))

200 gr of melon or watermelon (no matter) would raise glycemia about 40-50 .... Theoretically, that then we are a world
100 gr of apple would also upload those 40-50 glycemia .....
25 gr of banana would upload those 40-50 glycemia
So, glycemic speaking, it doesn't matter one thing as another ... always controlling the amounts

Not recommending the melon to diabetics is a file X and a bulus that nurses of monumental proportions are invented ... the time I will have heard what you comment ... is outrageous.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/19/2010 4:43 a.m.

Thanks alea for the web is very wena, as well as the indications.

Thank you very much to you Owash for your advice, I will take them into account.

The fruit in the middle of the morning, although it fattens the same thing, it saties more especially the apple to me in particular, an apple satisfies me the same as a sandwich with much less calories, so I suppose that is why it is for that.

Thanks to both.I will continue like this.

skinfull's profile photo
skinfull
09/11/2010 1:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.