Hypoglycemia

cristudela's profile photo   08/20/2010 5:01 p.m.

Hello, my name is Cristina and I am type I diabetics. I suffer many hypoglycemia especially
sleeping.
Normally I am lucky, I wake up and as something to avoid that
Go to worse, but a few days ago I had a very strong and I didn't realize ... so much so much
so much to call emergencies and I still remember doing it.
The funny thing is that
Since that day I have constant tiredness and a very strong pain in
cervical and right arm.
general muscle pain but not as strong as the
of the entire and cervical arm.
I went to the doctor who is regulating my doses
etc, and did not tell me that he had to see the pain with his arm, and the truth is that
I am very active (Pratic sport) and now it hurts so much and I am so exhausted that
I can't do anything.
If someone can help me, I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you
throughout

cristudela's profile photo
cristudela
08/20/2010 5:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you have hypoglycemia, it is frequently because, or you are missing hydrates or you are left over.
It is clear that you need to adjust the treatment, but you do not tell us what types of insulin you use, or what diet, or anything we can give you some guidance.
Get everything you think can be useful to help you (exercise, special situations, whatever you want) and think that we do not try to replace the doctor, which is always the one who has the last word, although we can advise according to the experienceof each one.

Welcome home

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/20/2010 5:58 p.m.

Welcome Cristudela

The body continues to consume glucose many hours after having finished the exercise ... so it is convenient to measure before going to sleep and even if you are well, drink slow absorption carbohydrates: bread, cookies or similar ...

Nor would it be badly thought, to put on the awakening about 3 in the morning and take a control, for several days .... The idea is to learn how your body works and be able to advance and anticipate any situation.
And for that there is nothing more to do controls.

And as Alea says, perhaps if you exercise a lot and you have hypos, the logical would be to lower the basal a bit.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/21/2010 5:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.