Nico

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/21/2010 8:16 a.m.

In these summer days (and in others of winter), in afternoons of walk and cider with Regina we have remembered our beginnings with the diabetes of our daughters.
We both had to suffer the "criminal" of endocrine that touched us.I less time than her, it is true, because my daughter debuted with 8 years (his with 5) and my patience has a much greater limit than his, so in a short time I sent the offender where the hat went to the hatAir Day.

I immediately looked for information online, just like her, and we both found the "late forum" in which we began to understand what this disease was going and how to handle it.

When I discovered the forum, I barely had about 60 members, and only a few really active.Then I started to raise my doubts, which were lots, and I met Nico.Nico was a character.Rudo, badly spoken, of those who say to bread, bread.He didn't use hot cloths or softened situations.But I knew about diabetes what few.And he explained how the curves of insulin worked, and that my daughter would drink alcohol once and it was more worth preventing it than trying to avoid it, and predicted her rebellions, giving me guidelines on how to face them as to her diabetes.
Nico did not endure the people who fixed things with a "God bless you" or "we are all with you" or "You don't have to say swear words" he sought the cause that my daughter was high, or low, or unstable, and meIt helped, it helped us to understand, act, to fight with the estates.I remember when he told us, if someone had problems with whom he had to give him consumables: "Never discuss subordinates. Ask for name and position and claims in higher instances"

We have remembered Regina and I Nico.He disappeared from the deceased forum, I think they were called arrogant or that they noticed how things said instead of how he helped, or simply got bored.But we learned much more than all the endocrine and educators we had until today.

I do not think that only in this forum to take a look, but, if I do, from here I thank you and I hope to return the favor trying to help, at least in part, the new ones, in the same way that he helped usus.

Thanks, Nico.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/21/2010 8:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ay Nico, with how many like him we have been pissed off, and how many as he are necessary.Anyway, I hope you do well for these worlds of God….With that of helping, I am very left lately, I find it a lot”, As I was only in his day ... thanks to all of them, for what they helped me, and for what they would surely help me.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
08/22/2010 7:47 a.m.

Well, since you thank Nico, from here I have the same feeling, towards him and many others, especially the routes, but especially towards you Alea.
So, from here a thanks also deserved for you.
A beautiful kiss

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
09/15/2010 8:12 a.m.

Wow, Carmentxu, now I don't know what to say.
And yes, apart from Nico, there are enough who helped and help.Of the missing I also remember especially Aranus, Jbom, Skarpetta ...
Thank God, we have the current ones: Velia, Juanlu, Regina, the ineffable Owash and many others, too many to name everyone.

Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/15/2010 10:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.