I forgot to connect again ...

Carmentxu's profile photo   08/25/2010 6:48 a.m.

Hello everyone!
I am going to tell you, what happened to me this morning by my bad head and my mistake.
Last night I controlled dinner post and I saw that I was 70 of glucose, as I also started to feel "rarilla" I decided to take some juice and disconnected a moment ... I thought that.
When I measured myCount at 5:45 a.m. that I found me "rare" again and what is my surprise that when I get out of bed and I see that I have the catheter loose: oops :: oops :: x I have screwed up in tó (sorry for the expression) I have immediately measured blood glucose and I had 402, what a beautiful figure !!!: Mrgreen:
Well, I have put on a corresponding bolus and I have climbed the basal a little and at the time I was going down, little by little.
I have woken up with 260, but then before breakfast I was 145.
Now, I don't know, until I have no other control within a while.
To what I'm going to go away ... I don't go to bed again without checking that I am connected, it's the first time it happens to me ... Well, another anecdote more.
Thank you for letting me share it with you and I hope the same thing never happens to you.

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
08/25/2010 6:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What things happen sometimes, Carmentxu.;).The important thing is that you are already in Normaglycemia.
I would advise you for the next time, that the place to disconnect physically, you put a temporary basal of 0.0 units.In 1/2 hours or what you consider, thus, after that time you would already return to your normal basal ...
A hug.,

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/25/2010 7 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Carmentxu, already use the temporal basal to 0?Or at most suspending, so warns from time to time and reminds you to connect.But that happens to anyone.Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/25/2010 7:19 a.m.

Already ... Thank you, if I have done it, I have done it like that, I have put a temporary basal of 1/2 hour and at 5% or so but I did not do it like that and you see. Now I just measured and I am with 180of glucose, it is not ideal either, but better so not with 402.
Anyway, thank you very much of fatigue companions!
A kiss: D :)

Carmentxu
08/25/2010 7:32 a.m.

But you can suspend the infusion without disconnecting it from the body, I am what I do and has an alarm that whips every 15 minutes so it is impossible to forget .....: D

DiabetesForo
08/25/2010 7:46 a.m.

Yes, Prado ... whatever you do, I know ... but I have not put it into practice this time and it has already happened.
Anyway, I do not recommend the end of suspending and I think that it was not for that, simply having put the lowest basal or having realized and not having gone to the bed without checking ... a failure ...;)

But thanks for the tips.
A hug

Carmentxu
08/25/2010 8:29 a.m.

It happened to me many times: Oops: my pump you feel every minute or every five minutes when it is suspended and puts me from my nerves, so I disconnect it and from time to time I forget.

The last time I scared me a little.I was on a journey through the Pyrenees and, on the second day, when Hicious Cima began to find a little bad, I was 60 so I disconnected and thought, as soon as I get to the hill I connect it again.We arrived at the hill, we went down a fridge, we rested to take a sandwich, I did an analysis I was at 90, I put on three units, we kept walking (downhill everything) and suddenly I felt that I could not keep walking.And I still said: it's like I had energy to take more step, I'm going worse than the climb ... and I realized that I had about 3-4 hours without the bomb, I did an analysis and was 210 ... butI noticed very rare, I put on a "generous" bolus to correct myself and at half an hour I was still worse ... 390. I must be with the acetone by the clouds and I could not stay 2 hours waiting for it to take effect because they wereWaiting to lower the group (you never have to do sports with acetone ....) Come on, a disaster !!

I had not occurred to the 0% basal to try it next time

tica's profile photo
tica
08/25/2010 9:25 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Luckily you controlled it and did not happen to adults.I do not carry much with the pump, but when I have had an hiccQuito the tb, I will always do it so just in case, kisses

DiabetesForo
08/25/2010 3:48 p.m.

What a whore ... piiiiii.:)) Good woman from the mistakes are learned, look at the endo recommended me when I put on the bomb the 0.9mm cannula and I refused, well, well, more or less I was going well with the 0.5mm, butOf course I got fat and that is no longer good for me, before yesterday it put me at 300 and peak and I come to put me correction bowling, changing it on place every 2 by 3, and nothing that did not go down from the 300mg, my luck is that yesterday I touched meEndo, I told him what was happening to me and gave me a box of the 0.9mm, hey, Holy Hand.Ahhh, and I have great news!Of 8.9 I had when I started with the bomb in January now I have 7.4.I don't believe it or me!Well I wanted to share it with you ...: Mrgreen: Kisses: Mrgreen:

paula's profile photo
paula
08/25/2010 8:28 p.m.

Congratulations Paula !!!That really Guay, I hope that I also get the hemo and all the effort is worth it, I take care of what I do, I do sports 5 days a week (bike), I make 4 or 5 daily meals and even so, (although I know that I just started with the bomb) I have not managed to regulate, yesterday I had a very good day but today it raised me again.The truth that gave me some helplessness.Although I also hate having hypoglycemia, they leave me badly all day UFFF.What a desire to spend 1 year and have the glycemia under control!: P kisses

DiabetesForo
08/27/2010 8:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.